Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 24, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #14,026 of 62,440
Honestly, my SSK's don't sound quite like the 359's. The SSK has a little cleaner high end and less bass, but they are very close.

My 359s have much less bass than the SSK and are tuned brighter. I ordered another SSK from Amazon so that I can get to the bottom of this. There's still 1 left on Amazon for $21 shipped if anyone is interested.

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #14,027 of 62,440
Where can you buy this MW07+ that people are talking about for $30? Also, anybody compare them to SSK/Anbes 359?

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #14,028 of 62,440
I just got the bt20s mmcx version and paired it with the Smabat ST-10. I am still getting the hang of slipping them on properly.

When they are on though they are extremely comfortable, I never want to take them off.

The sound though is less clean than it was on the es100 both on aptx...I guess that is too be expected, but the bass seems less fast and the separation is a tad less good. Mids seem more forward. It might be the snugger fit that it creates, or maybe the positioning blocks the port a little more...I am not sure but I will try it for a week or two and switch back to make sure it is not just in my head.

It had a teeny bit of white sound, but it is really minimalistic with this combo, you have to listen to audio books to notice, and even then it is not distracting.

The thing that irks me though is that the led light is always blinking, even when playing music. Your ear blocks about 90% of it, but in a dark room my wife still gives me a hard time about it. I might try flipping the earphones so the light points to my head see if the buttons are still usable, out but done light dim stickers for these bad boys.

Overall a pretty neat gadget, kind of a hybrid as they sound better than most true wireless sets I have tried but are ever so slightly less convenient without auto connect out of the case and fishing too get them on and off. Still on the fence if I will keep using them or just get a proper short cable for the ST-10 to use on the es100.

In that case the only mmcx I have to pair them with would be tennmaks pro and I don't see that sounding great...

Maybe the Nuarl is on the same level for sound or higher depending on what I'm listening to though with aptx.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #14,029 of 62,440
Where can you buy this MW07+ that people are talking about for $30? Also, anybody compare them to SSK/Anbes 359?

Lol there's no such thing. I was just saying that it's crazy that the MW07+ doesn't have AAC while there are $30 TWS that do. That being said, these things sound awesome. Full review coming either later today or tomorrow.

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #14,030 of 62,440
any chance we could get like a Top 5 cheap TWS list or something? There is like 1k pages here I don't feel like going through. Maybe update the OP?
Look at people's signatures. Most have their favorites listed or link to their review sites

Oct 24, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #14,031 of 62,440
Do the HA-FX700 come with the famous Spiral Dots? Reason I'm asking is I can't seem to source the Spiral Dots in Europe so might try to get some "cheap" (so not the HA-FX700!) that come with them and see if they work for me.
I believe so. I lost the original tips and bought replacements (spiral dot medium for ha-fx series iems) and found they're the same as far as I can tell. They're an excellent fit. I used to have complys and other knockoff foam tips but found the spiral dots to be the best even when I tried foam tips on my fx700. These are the ones I bought

VICTOR JVC EP-FX9ML-B Spiral Dot Earpiece (Size ML / 6 pcs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q2I15F8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_K4HyplG6UBQ7V

Oct 24, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #14,032 of 62,440
any chance we could get like a Top 5 cheap TWS list or something? There is like 1k pages here I don't feel like going through. Maybe update the OP?

I always find that Bartig's scarbir.com has some excellent top 5 lists that pretty much reflect the chatter here ... it is also a dangerous vortex leading one straight down the rabbit hole!

Oct 24, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #14,033 of 62,440
Eh. I picked up some of the E8 clones. For 30 bucks I curious to see how they actually are. I doubt tjsu as good as B&O E8 but... All in good fun. They have decent specs and water proof and I really wanted something to shower with so. At least I can do that.

Oct 24, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #14,034 of 62,440
Thanks for confirming. Did you get hit by taxes ?
I was going to try the Melomania 1 as I've read they are good combo of SQ and isolation, what didn't you like about them ?
I didn't pay any taxes.
The Melomania 1 is a good choice but the shape of these TW is not for me. Also, everytime I push the button of the Melodia I was sinking deeply into my ear.
For the rest, it's a really good TW.

Oct 24, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #14,035 of 62,440
OK, got the Shanling MTW100 BA black tonight....but tips that fit my ear are deeper style and done fit in case....Suspect I might find tips that fit case and still seal deep enough.

....What are the foam with silicone coated ones some have talked about?

Please post when you find something suitable. These MTW100 BA sound like my optimal profile but can't buy until some solid tips are found that fit the case.

Oct 24, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #14,036 of 62,440
I just got the bt20s mmcx version and paired it with the Smabat ST-10. I am still getting the hang of slipping them on properly.

When they are on though they are extremely comfortable, I never want to take them off.

The sound though is less clean than it was on the es100 both on aptx...I guess that is too be expected, but the bass seems less fast and the separation is a tad less good. Mids seem more forward. It might be the snugger fit that it creates, or maybe the positioning blocks the port a little more...I am not sure but I will try it for a week or two and switch back to make sure it is not just in my head.

It had a teeny bit of white sound, but it is really minimalistic with this combo, you have to listen to audio books to notice, and even then it is not distracting.

The thing that irks me though is that the led light is always blinking, even when playing music. Your ear blocks about 90% of it, but in a dark room my wife still gives me a hard time about it. I might try flipping the earphones so the light points to my head see if the buttons are still usable, out but done light dim stickers for these bad boys.

Overall a pretty neat gadget, kind of a hybrid as they sound better than most true wireless sets I have tried but are ever so slightly less convenient without auto connect out of the case and fishing too get them on and off. Still on the fence if I will keep using them or just get a proper short cable for the ST-10 to use on the es100.

In that case the only mmcx I have to pair them with would be tennmaks pro and I don't see that sounding great...

Maybe the Nuarl is on the same level for sound or higher depending on what I'm listening to though with aptx.

Just use a tape to block the LED light.

Oct 24, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #14,037 of 62,440

Just use a tape to block the LED light.

Or since the mic is poorly positioned, fill the hole with some black silicone. That's what I've done on all of my BT20/BT20S that I've had.

I don't use mine for calls at all.

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #14,038 of 62,440
Got the Earfun Free, yesterday. Wow i'm really impressed, they sound really fantastic! They are a little bulky, but the buttons are probably the best I've used. Easy to press and covered in rubber. My only complaint is no volume control, they even have USB-C. These are a keeper. I use them with my spiral dots and they have really good clarity and excellent bass. I'd put these up against the Tevi's any day.

On another note, Guess who's L2pro's started hissing? Yup. mine. It's not really bad, but I can hear it now. 2 weeks can't get here soon enough.

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #14,039 of 62,440

Top 5 for sound quality, top 5 for deals, top 5 for compactness, top 5 for battery, top 5 for sportiness, top 5 all around?

I'll throw my grain of salt worthy opinion out there with the top 1 for each category.

Top for Sound Quality:
Sony WF-1000XM3

Top for Best Deal:
Anbes 359

Top for Compactness:
Earin M2

Top for Battery:
Creative Outlier Gold

Top for Sportiness:
Hmm...maybe the Jaybird Run XT (but the also look at the Bose Earbuds 500 or the Urbanista Athens both releasing soon)

Top All Around:
Probably the Creative Outlier Gold, but the Sennheiser Momentum hits the check boxes for many. I rule out the Sony b/c of they are way to big and have no IP resistance.

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #14,040 of 62,440
Top 5 for sound quality, top 5 for deals, top 5 for compactness, top 5 for battery, top 5 for sportiness, top 5 all around?

I'll throw my grain of salt worthy opinion out there with the top 1 for each category.

Top for Sound Quality:
Sony WF-1000XM3

Top for Best Deal:
Anbes 359

Top for Compactness:
Earin M2

Top for Battery:
Creative Outlier Gold

Top for Sportiness:
Hmm...maybe the Jaybird Run XT (but the also look at the Bose Earbuds 500 or the Urbanista Athens both releasing soon)

Top All Around:
Probably the Creative Outlier Gold, but the Sennheiser Momentum hits the check boxes for many. I rule out the Sony b/c of they are way to big and have no IP resistance.

Anbes 359 is no longer available. SSK or Kissral is probably the best secondary option, the SSK is/was $20 in amazon $30 on Aliepxress I believe, but i'd argue the Tranya T3, B530, MPOW T5, Earfun Free and Lystar J29 are all close competitors here, in the $30-40 range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back