Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 20, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #13,831 of 62,440
Just published my KZ E10 TWS review.

Connectivity issues, mediocre comfort, bad battery life, but a very well-executed clear sound signature. These are really easy to love - or to hate.

Thanks for this. Well done. I think for 59 bucks I can live with this. The connectivity issues are troubling and seem hard to understand at this stage of the tech. Hopefully KZ can nail this in their next try. Looking forward to receiving mine purely for sq. The around the ear style doesn't bother me.

Oct 20, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #13,832 of 62,440
Just published my KZ E10 TWS review.

Connectivity issues, mediocre comfort, bad battery life, but a very well-executed clear sound signature. These are really easy to love - or to hate.

Fair rating by your numbering scale. Too bad these are not a slam dunk ... they sound great and with different (longer) tips I don't have that issue that they wiggle themselves out again (you described that very nicely, that those rubber hooks gently pull them back out ... also like the 'battle for ear space' for wearer of glasses, that's even more true when I don the BT20)
Frankly I have no issues with 3h battery life.

I have not managed to really get out for a walk (it has been raining every afternoon / evening here ever since I received them) so I was not able to replicate any connection issues ...

Oct 20, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #13,833 of 62,440
Got the regular mifo 05 arriving today, Amazon offered a £30.00 discount last night, so i pulled the trigger at £39.97.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Standard mifo 05 and the Pro? It looks a lot like the Shanling.

Oct 20, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #13,834 of 62,440
Sadly I just processed the return for my Letscom/Anbes 359/Ufo after coming to terms with the fact that they just can't stay put in my ears, regardless of the tips I've used. I thought I had a good fit with the SpinFit CP360 but they keep "popping out" if I move around a bit even if I tuck them in at the bottom of my ear, I guess my ears are "too big" for them. I really liked their sound though...more than tha Havit G1s that would belong to that same category and that don't pop up. Not sure what to go for now, the Tranya B530 maybe ?

Oct 20, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #13,835 of 62,440
i would second what @CocaCola15 and others have said about the Liberty 2 Pros. They are startlingly good sounding — and, now that the microphone works as expected, I think they might be my favorite pair of earphones— better sounding than even the Sennheisers.

Could you please elaborate a little on this? Very interested.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #13,836 of 62,440
I'm officially a degenerate as well.

So, I should do a full review, but I don't really want to yet - might do it on the plane on monday - but the MW07+ is a stellar premium device - that isn't for me.

Cons:
No AAC? I don't even use an iPhone as my main phone and this bugs me a bit...

I've contacted Master & Dynamic and they confirm me that the MW07+ supports AAC but they can't mention it for legal reasons.
I'll receive mine thursday. I will try with my mac and my ios products to see if it's true or false.
Anybody else receive the MWO7+ and could check if he can use the AAC codec ?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #13,838 of 62,440
Does anyone know what the difference is between the Standard mifo 05 and the Pro? It looks a lot like the Shanling.

Standard is dynamic driver and professional is balanced armature. Shanling has the same split but uses different drivers (and newer chipsets I imagine as the O5 is about 1-2 years old now).
I've reviewed the BA version of both

Oct 20, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #13,840 of 62,440
Standard is dynamic driver and professional is balanced armature. Shanling has the same split but uses different drivers (and newer chipsets I imagine as the O5 is about 1-2 years old now).
I've reviewed the BA version of both

Thanks!

Oct 20, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #13,841 of 62,440
I've contacted Master & Dynamic and they confirm me that the MW07+ supports AAC but they can't mention it for legal reasons.
I'll receive mine thursday. I will try with my mac and my ios products to see if it's true or false.
Anybody else receive the MWO7+ and could check if he can use the AAC codec ?

Well as you've seen here there has been zero success connecting over AAC...

How did you get them to ship it to France ? It seems they're expediting it, aren't you worried about getting hit by taxes ?

Oct 20, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #13,842 of 62,440
Well as you've seen here there has been zero success connecting over AAC...

How did you get them to ship it to France ? It seems they're expediting it, aren't you worried about getting hit by taxes ?
I've just ordered them in their website. They are actually in Memphis.
For the moment, there is no other way to buy these TW and send in France.
For the taxes, that's the price to pay to be an early adopter !!!

Oct 20, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #13,843 of 62,440
Thanks for the reply, I will look into that. With the comply memory foam tips, did they fit in the case?

T-400's will fit the nozzle. Not too tough to slip them on. Fitting the case? Not stock, but cut them down about 1/3 and they'll fit the case easily. I've a few extra pairs, so didn't mind experimenting at the time. Fwiw, none of my other TWS earbuds (at least the ones that I've used and kept) have benefitted from Comply's. Comfortable though they are - for me, they tend to smother the top end, suppressing fine detail and nuance. Though they do 'seem' to add some warmth and 'body' to the sound (which is a nice thing and part of their allure). It's a personal call. We like what we like. I liked the Bomaker's more with the Comply's.

edit: I see @mattedialdoc reco'd the shorter Comply Truegrip Pro's. Those are the ones to get. I just didn't want to spend the $20., to try them out.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #13,844 of 62,440
Sadly I just processed the return for my Letscom/Anbes 359/Ufo after coming to terms with the fact that they just can't stay put in my ears, regardless of the tips I've used. I thought I had a good fit with the SpinFit CP360 but they keep "popping out" if I move around a bit even if I tuck them in at the bottom of my ear, I guess my ears are "too big" for them. I really liked their sound though...more than tha Havit G1s that would belong to that same category and that don't pop up. Not sure what to go for now, the Tranya B530 maybe ?

I have used the following TWS: QCY T2C, Tiso i4/i5, KZ T1, MPOW T5 and Tranya B530.

KZ T1 had the best fit, and possibly because of the ear tips since I have used the small T1 ear tips on the MPOW T5 which improved the fit a lot. The stock T5 tips made them stick out to much. The KZ T1 ear tips are just "shorter" which allows deeper fit. I have jet to try those tips with my B530 since I feel they could also go a little bit deeper.

Anyway, the B530 are pretty secure in my ears with the stock ear tips. no way they could fall out of my ears, even while running. and since you say you have "bigger" ears, the B530 might actually be a good option to try out, since they are not that small. but the shape is ok, and is already more comfortable than the MPOW T5 with the KZ T1 ear tips.

you just have to know, that AAC is really a bottleneck. i use them with SBC HD /Dual Channel, which could be compared to 320kbit MP3/aptX quality. soundstage, separation, definition, everythings improves with SBC HD. i want to to try to raise the bitrate when i have time for some "hacking"

so depends on you, with which sound quality you can live with (with or without android modding)

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #13,845 of 62,440
@cacio - thanks, I've seen some mention of SBC HD but haven't looked into yet, it's only Android 10 is it ?

Good to hear the B530 are a bit bigger and might "fill up" my ear more, like the Havit G1 (or 65t) do. It's too bad there are no (well the X12 have a sleeve but then that doesn't fit in the case and they never move anyway when I run with little foam pieces) TWSs that come with "wings" as that's a good way to keep everything in place. They can be really comfortable too, like those of the QC-20.

I don't think the KZ T1 are available anymore are they ? Didn't they have that weird sound problem too with either super quiet or super loud ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back