Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 18, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #13,711 of 62,742
AWEI T10C
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33061026242.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.1.436f51f1on0LFP
Feature : support wireless charging
Style : Half in ear
True wireless stereo bluetooth 5.0
Control : touch contorl
Volume contorl in eabuds : yes (long touch left or right earbuds)
Battery of earbud : 45mAh/pcs
Battery of case : 300mAh
requency Response Range : 20-2000Hz
Sensitivity: 122±3dB
Built in dual microphone
Price : under $25
Sound : HD stereo sound
AWEI-TWS-Bluetooth-V5-0-True-Wireless-Charging-Earbuds-With-Dual-Mic-Noise-Canceling-HiFi-6D.jpg

No mention of what codecs it supports (AAC, aptX).

BTW, it's microUSB charging, which I know will trigger rage in some of you

Oct 18, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #13,712 of 62,742
Finally got my Liberty Pro 2.

Build seems great and lovely case, packaging etc. Fit is comfortable although they do stick out of my ears a bit further than I was expecting. Sound seems impressive for TWS although a tad bass heavy (setting eq to flat is better). Could do with a custom eq option in the app, hopefully they will add in a update. Found the physical buttons pretty good, don't really get on with touch controls I have tried.

Unfortunately the background hiss is present. Sounds fine with loud music but at low volumes or in audio books it is very noticeable. I can hear a slight hiss on my old RHA ma650 wireless but it's so faint I only notice if looking for it, but on the L2Pro it's much more present. Probably similar level of hiss to my zs10 pro + kz aptx hd adaptor combo, not had a chance to do a proper comparison yet. With all 3 the hiss is only present when receiving audio and doesn't vary with volume, most noticeable if listening to track with long silent intro, audio books etc.

Not convinced this is just a bad unit, just sounds like noise floor from the amp is coming through louder than typical bluetooth headphones. I assume in these devices the amp always runs 100% and volume is controlled in pre-amp DAC stage, hence hiss volume is not effected by volume control. Guess the DAC / Amp setup is pretty much the same across all the Anker Liberty 2 range but could be the BA in the pro's picks up the noise more...

Could live with them given that at higher volumes music does sound great, but will probably exchange if they do fix it in a revised version without compromising anything else. Given the hype and price point the hiss is a disappointment. Probably not any worse than my kz aptx hd adaptor but that only cost $18.

I'm now totally sold on the freedom of true wireless, never really got on with wires or bulky over ear headphones. Convinced that "prefect" set is possible, for me the L2Pro is really close but the hiss lets it down.
I have the exact same feelings. Easily one of the better sounding units, but that hisssssss...

Still trying to figure out my next play. I sent them an email and they did replay and offer to send me a new unit in 4 weeks or so, but then I'd be out of the Amazon return window and if the new version is not any better, I'm pretty much stuck at that point. I guess I could return and wait...

Oct 18, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #13,713 of 62,742
Pulled the trigger on the new MPOW M20 thanks for enabling me @hifi80sman:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, They should be here Today. i'll have my impressions up this weekend.
This weekend? You mean tonight, right? :p

I've been looking at those very intensely, so looking forward to your impressions.

Oct 18, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #13,714 of 62,742
I bit the bullet. I'm sure they will be good and if they are they will complete my TWS journey. I have too (2) many TWS solutions.
Let us know how deep those suckers penetrate. Looks like the stems are a bit on the long side.

Oct 18, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #13,716 of 62,742
How does the "pass-through" work on these units? Is it just a hole, or is there electronic "relaying" of the sound passed on from an internal microphone and into your ear?
It uses the mic. Works really well. More details in my review

Oct 18, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #13,718 of 62,742
And stupid question, but that's whilst music is playing? Does ambient sound level rise with volume control as does the music?

It works either with music or without (possibly even without a Bluetooth connection? Never tried)
If you have music playing, when you turn it on it quiets the music by 10-20% and let's the external sounds pass through using the mic. It has some internal algorithm that adjust the sound level of the outside, and since the music volume is controlled only through the phone, it doesn't seem to adjust the outside volume with the music.

Oct 18, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #13,719 of 62,742
Are the Mavin Air-Xs still a good option for TWS+? Their range and connectivity claims are interesting. Im using a pair of Creative Outlier Golds and the connectivity is awful even though it sounds great to me. The left side drops frequently even in a sparse office when using the right as the master, and the left side as the master is a total staticky, signal dropping mess. I was looking at the new ATH CKS5TW but I guess they're not using a TWS+ chipset, even though the smaller sibling apparently is

Oct 18, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #13,720 of 62,742
Are the Mavin Air-Xs still a good option for TWS+? Their range and connectivity claims are interesting. Im using a pair of Creative Outlier Golds and the connectivity is awful even though it sounds great to me. The left side drops frequently even in a sparse office when using the right as the master, and the left side as the master is a total staticky, signal dropping mess. I was looking at the new ATH CKS5TW but I guess they're not using a TWS+ chipset, even though the smaller sibling apparently is

I rate the Mavin Àir-X very highly indeed. They have a wonderful open, wide sound signature, go really loud, offer excellent signal strength and have superb battery life. In fact the only negative issue for me is that the case doesn't feel as solid as, say, the Airpods case.

Oct 18, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #13,721 of 62,742
I rate the Mavin Àir-X very highly indeed. They have a wonderful open, wide sound signature, go really loud, offer excellent signal strength and have superb battery life. In fact the only negative issue for me is that the case doesn't feel as solid as, say, the Airpods case.

Thanks for the testimony. How would you describe the sound signature. Flat, bass heavy, V shaped?

Oct 18, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #13,723 of 62,742
Awolnation - MF
Flux Pavillion - I Can't Stop
Blue Foundation - Eyes on Fire (Zeds Dead Remix)
Blackmill - Let it Be
Imagine Dragons - Radioactive (explicit ver. w/ Kendrick Lamar)
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
Webb Wilder - Baby Please Don't Go

Added these to my list in anticipation of the MW07 Plus!

Here's an EP I've been listening to lately. It's pretty much Musician's Music, so most of you will probably won't dig it, but the Production and Engineering in this EP is Masterful and the music changes so much it really takes you for a ride. There are very few drum kits that have been recorded this well!

Wot Gorilla?
Angel Numbers

Can't say that's my cup of tea, but as far as using it to test equipment (layering, etc.), I think those are good tracks. There's a lot (of noise) going on there! :p

I agree - lots going on to be good test tracks. :D I do feel the need to comb through my larger collection to find old testing gems now.

Oct 18, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #13,724 of 62,742
It works either with music or without (possibly even without a Bluetooth connection? Never tried)
If you have music playing, when you turn it on it quiets the music by 10-20% and let's the external sounds pass through using the mic. It has some internal algorithm that adjust the sound level of the outside, and since the music volume is controlled only through the phone, it doesn't seem to adjust the outside volume with the music.
Thank you kindly.

Oct 18, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #13,725 of 62,742
Are the Mavin Air-Xs still a good option fort TWS+? Their range and connectivity claims are interesting. Im using a pair of Creative Outlier Golds and the connectivity is awful even though it sounds great to me. The left side drops frequently even in a sparse office when using the right as the master, and the left side as the master is a total staticky, signal dropping mess. I was looking at the new ATH CKS5TW but I guess they're not using a TWS+ chipset, even though the smaller sibling apparently is
I owned both the Creative Outlier (Std. version, not Gold) and the Mavin Air-X. IMO, there is no comparison, the Mavin blows the Creative out of the water in SQ, connectivity, fit and overall quality. The Creative was returned but I still own the Mavin. It is one of my top two favorites, right below my Libratone Track Air+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back