Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 17, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #13,622 of 62,380

First review of the spunky beats, I have seen. Captions in English too. I would take it with a pinch of salt, lots of Tronsmart reviews in his playlist.

However i thought I would post, personally I hate the blinking lights

somehow they are now down at 21$

4388AA55-7E76-4364-BDEB-95D08AFF0A86.jpeg

Oct 17, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #13,623 of 62,380
I want to purchase an IEM but I also am not too fond of having lots of wires, and needing a dongle since I have an iPhone. I saw the release news for Noble's Falcon TWS and was wondering what is everyone's thoughts on it? If it's a good purchase I might bite the bullet and place an order, reshipping it from JP to US

Oct 17, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #13,624 of 62,380
Coming back to the ‘mysterious’ Whizzer OT1 ... they now call it a Pre-Sale and 56% off !!! At 35$ this looks interesting giving cool looks and if specs are true (ANC, hybrid, type C)

can someone PLEASE find out a bit more? My Google-Fu is weak on this one ...

wait, what? No control button? :wink: that would be a first. And kinda cool! None of my IEMs have silly buttons. Like a real ‘just music’ TWS.

Nope. I'm not putting anything in my ear that says "On the Road" "Opera Factory". :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 17, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #13,625 of 62,380
I've put more head-time on my Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro, and I'm really enjoying the sound quality. I have no hiss. I confess, when I first put them on I was underwhelmed with the sound. Wasn't a fan of most of the EQs the app provided. I must have gotten lucky with the personalized or so-called HearID profile it made for me.

So my personal profile is EXACTLY the same is yours ....

So, initial impressions are positive. Sound quality is very nice. Like I'm pretty floored. Deep bass but it's not bleeding into the mids. Nice crisp highs. Dynamic and punchy. Up there with the best tw I've heard.

But ... the hiss is not acceptable. In fact it's awful. It's worse than the bt20. Its hiss plus static. So I guess ill contact support and find what they intend to do about it.

Oct 17, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #13,626 of 62,380
Should have my L2Pro tomorrow.

Someone got a support response over on the soundcore site regarding background noise:
"Firstly, please note the higher sensitivity of the driver is, the richer the sound details are. And the background noise is more obvious compared to those earbuds with less sensitive drivers. Every ear is unique and different. Some feel it strong and some could not recognize it. We’ve worked out this issue and will have the new version (less background noise) ready in about 4 weeks."

Makes sense that due to the BA high sensitivity it picks up the amp noise floor more. Not much room for custom amp setups in TWS so guess this likely is an issue for all BA TWS designs.

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #13,627 of 62,380
I believe the original did not advertise AAC, but it does support it. I suspect the same here, but I'm not sure what the benefit is of marketing aptX and SBC (uh, duh, of course it supports SBC) vs. aptX and AAC. Just seems to be a marketing oversight.

Interestingly, I've had the displeasure of working with marketing folks, as they are typically not experts at what they're trying to market and full-on millennial hipsters. :p

I confirmed with tech support that the MW07+ does have AAC. I think the fact that they don’t advertise it might be a licensing issue. Will be able to re-confirm AAC as soon as mine arrive :wink:

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #13,628 of 62,380

Someone got a support response over on the soundcore site regarding background noise:
"Firstly, please note the higher sensitivity of the driver is, the richer the sound details are. And the background noise is more obvious compared to those earbuds with less sensitive drivers. Every ear is unique and different. Some feel it strong and some could not recognize it. We’ve worked out this issue and will have the new version (less background noise) ready in about 4 weeks."

Makes sense that due to the BA high sensitivity it picks up the amp noise floor more. Not much room for custom amp setups in TWS so guess this likely is an issue for all BA TWS designs.

I cannot comprehend how someone could "not recognize it". I'm 45 with tinnitus and the hiss and static is very evident. They can try to pass it along as a byproduct of amping and sensitivity but I have plenty of TW headsets with much lower noise floors. I don't expect a $99 product to have audiophile quality, but the hiss goes beyond what I think most will find reasonable.

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #13,629 of 62,380
Yes they are up on best buy but in limited colors. I believe the verge or one of the tech sites said available at best buy starting 10/21. Looks like the white mw07 plus and the black go are the only ones showing now at best buy.
Yep, see it now. They must have been browsing this thread and realized they didn't update the their website!

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #13,630 of 62,380

Ok, but how do those that have the “hissing” version get a new non-hissing version?

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #13,631 of 62,380
I cannot comprehend how someone could "not recognize it". I'm 45 with tinnitus and the hiss and static is very evident. They can try to pass it along as a byproduct of amping and sensitivity but I have plenty of TW headsets with much lower noise floors. I don't expect a $99 product to have audiophile quality, but the hiss goes beyond what I think most will find reasonable.
I don't see why people feel the need to make silly excuses, especially when you're saying the issue is really because it's super-duper high quality. Come on. Just say you plan to release a firmware update to fix it.

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #13,632 of 62,380
Ok, but how do those that have the “hissing” version get a new non-hissing version?
I think they are all likely the same, it's just some people can hear the frequency the hiss derives from better than others. Looks like purely a firmware fix, not a hardware issue.

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #13,633 of 62,380
here's what soundcore support said regarding the background white noise:
  • Firstly, please note the higher sensitivity of the driver is, the richer the sound details are. And the background noise is more obvious compared to those earbuds with less sensitive drivers. Every ear is unique and different. Some feel it strong and some could not recognize it. We've worked out this issue and will have the new version (less background noise) ready in about 4 weeks.
Well in that case, I guess I should probably exchange mine, just in case. :wink:

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #13,634 of 62,380
Good Point. I'm 41 with tinnitus and I don't hear any hiss or static during playback. Maybe I just got a good batch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back