Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 17, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #13,561 of 62,546
are those i5 the same as the i4 just in a different case? Anyone know?
99% sure its only the case. couldn't test side by side since my sister lost the i4 and i bought the i5 directly after it. but my sister and me both agreed they sounded the same.

But I wouldn't buy them again. SQ is just good enough for FM Radio xD

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #13,562 of 62,546
The listing for MW07 Plus is back on Best Buy’s website (sold out). This time in marble white. MW07 Go is on there too for $199 (sold out). No pic of those yet.
I got the official release newsletter. No ANC in the mw07 plus. So basically an upgrade to bt 5.0 and battery life. Too bad. ANC was the showstopper. The Go look more interesting to me at this point. Shipping starts next week.

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #13,563 of 62,546
I've put more head-time on my Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro, and I'm really enjoying the sound quality. I have no hiss. I confess, when I first put them on I was underwhelmed with the sound. Wasn't a fan of most of the EQs the app provided. I must have gotten lucky with the personalized or so-called HearID profile it made for me.

Soundcore.jpg

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #13,564 of 62,546
I got the official release newsletter. No ANC in the mw07 plus. So basically an upgrade to bt 5.0 and battery life. Too bad. ANC was the showstopper. The Go look more interesting to me at this point. Shipping starts next week.

That would be disappointing. Every review I've read states something to the effect of : "The new MW07 Plus true wireless earphones also add active noise cancellation (ANC) as well as an ambient listening mode." including which button to press to invoke the 2 modes (long press on volume up or volume down).

I did see no mention of this on M&D's own site.

Considering I just placed an order, I hope the reviewers are correct and the M&D website hasn't been updated appropriately. But I will know for sure shortly.

Edit : Correction ... from M&D website regarding MW07 Plus :
MW07Plus.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #13,565 of 62,546
What version of iOS are you on? I'm on 13.2 beta 3, not sure that's related though.

I’m on iOS 13.1.3 (just released yesterday). I’ve also noticed that when taking calls and when recording voice memos with the Liberty 2 Pros, the earphones’ bluetooth connection will randomly disconnect, then re-connect, which obviously makes them effectively unusable. I tried calls/recordings with several other earphones without any random disconnects, so it looks like I have a defective pair of Liberty 2 Pros. I'm hoping this is another manifestation of the defect that is also resulting in such bad call quality.

I love the sound of these 'phones, so I'm hoping a new set will not have the mic related problems.

Oct 17, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #13,566 of 62,546
That would be disappointing. Every review I've read states something to the effect of : "The new MW07 Plus true wireless earphones also add active noise cancellation (ANC) as well as an ambient listening mode." including which button to press to invoke the 2 modes (long press on volume up or volume down).

Considering I just placed an order, I hope the reviewers are correct and the M&D website hasn't been updated appropriately. But I will know for sure shortly.
It seems really hard to believe the marketing materials would miss this. I was pretty skeptical to be honest as ANC requires some technical know how and MD is more of a throwback company. I hope you're right but I think something got lost in the translation.

Edit best buys description also says active noise cancelling. Really really weird.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #13,567 of 62,546
It seems really hard to believe the marketing materials would miss this. I was pretty skeptical to be honest as ANC requires some technical know how and MD is more of a throwback company. I hope you're right but I think something got lost in the translation.

Edit best buys description also says active noise cancelling. Really really weird.

See my edited post above.

Oct 17, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #13,569 of 62,546

Does anyone know if the sound signature in the mwo7, Go, and Plus are all the same? Same drivers and tuning?

EDIT: Deleted crude rant.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #13,571 of 62,546

Edit : Correction ... from M&D website regarding MW07 Plus :
No AAC, that's too bad for an Iphone user :frowning2:

Oct 17, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #13,573 of 62,546
What about MUSIC quality.

Does anyone know if the sound signature in the mwo7, Go, and Plus are all the same? Same drivers and tuning?

Initial reviews and marketing indicate that the sound is the same between all three (original, both new models).
upload_2019-10-17_6-18-4.png

Personally, I love the smaller fabric casae of the MW07 Go and the water resistance, but I am going for the plus as I do want to try the ANC and, yes, I care about more mics/either one being mono mode for calls.

That all being said - these are the ones I've been waiting to try for SQ since joining this thread - so :fingers_crossed: that these will be my holy grail and will be my primary on the go headphones/headset. If you don't care about calls, and like one of the colors, I'd strongly encourage you to check out the MW07 GO @Blueshound24 . Fewer call oriented features, but more rugged, smaller, still good battery life and sound quality. (I just ordered the Plus, but I stiiiilll want the Go in some ways). :D

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #13,574 of 62,546
Initial reviews and marketing indicate that the sound is the same between all three (original, both new models).

Personally, I love the smaller fabric casae of the MW07 Go and the water resistance, but I am going for the plus as I do want to try the ANC and, yes, I care about more mics/either one being mono mode for calls.

That all being said - these are the ones I've been waiting to try for SQ since joining this thread - so :fingers_crossed: that these will be my holy grail and will be my primary on the go headphones/headset. If you don't care about calls, and like one of the colors, I'd strongly encourage you to check out the MW07 GO @Blueshound24 . Fewer call oriented features, but more rugged, smaller, still good battery life and sound quality. (I just ordered the Plus, but I stiiiilll want the Go in some ways). :D

I am tickled pink about this release, but I'm torn about which color! I don't talk on my phone all that much at all, and rarely ever find myself in a situation which would warrant ANC, but I'm really digging the white marble!

I have $85 in Best Buy Rewards that is burning a hole in my pocket. I was gonna pick up the Powerbeats Pro, but now it looks like I'll wait three days and get the MW07's.

Oct 17, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #13,575 of 62,546
I am tickled pink about this release, but I'm torn about which color! I don't talk on my phone all that much at all, and rarely ever find myself in a situation which would warrant ANC, but I'm really digging the white marble!

I have $85 in Best Buy Rewards that is burning a hole in my pocket. I was gonna pick up the Powerbeats Pro, but now it looks like I'll wait three days and get the MW07's.

I am leaning toward the go. Ip7 means I could wear these while riding my bike and sweat all over them. Seems more valuable to me than watered down anc. I also think the lighter form factor may improve fit. Tough call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back