Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 8, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #13,081 of 62,443
With your lineup $45 def. seems reasonable. I'm on the opposite end, The most expensive pair I own are the TEVI's $(90). Soon to be the Soundcore Liberty 2 pro. I def. recommend checking out the Mpow T5, SSK BT03, and the Tranya B530's you may be surprised how good they sound for the $$.
Tranya B530 are my go-to for yard work. They get loud with lots of bass and don't skimp on the mids and highs. And they're comfortable and stay in place really well for me.

Oct 8, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #13,082 of 62,443
Tranya B530 are my go-to for yard work. They get loud with lots of bass and don't skimp on the mids and highs. And they're comfortable and stay in place really well for me.

How is the tranya B530 for phone call? and how's the sound compared to KZ ZSN? I have galaxy buds and in my opinion, the sound is pretty good with "clear" setting, but phone call sucks so bad on it.

Oct 8, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #13,083 of 62,443
How is the tranya B530 for phone call? and how's the sound compared to KZ ZSN? I have galaxy buds and in my opinion, the sound is pretty good with "clear" setting, but phone call sucks so bad on it.
Everyone I've spoken to while using the B530s couldn't tell that I was using a bluetooth device. I have only made 1 call on my Galaxy Buds and got no complaints from it either. For music and videos, I love the sound of both but the Gbuds are less bassy and fun but more "real"sounding, especially for dialogue and vocals.

It's really hard to compare a corded IEM to a TWS. It's especially hard to beat a good budget hybrid IEM. I'd say the ZSN beats both of them in just about every category except convenience. I still find myself using my TWS more often though because they sound more than good enough and I hate cords!

Oct 8, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #13,084 of 62,443
Everyone I've spoken to while using the B530s couldn't tell that I was using a bluetooth device. I have only made 1 call on my Galaxy Buds and got no complaints from it either. For music and videos, I love the sound of both but the Gbuds are less bassy and fun but more "real"sounding, especially for dialogue and vocals.

It's really hard to compare a corded IEM to a TWS. It's especially hard to beat a good budget hybrid IEM. I'd say the ZSN beats both of them in just about every category except convenience. I still find myself using my TWS more often though because they sound more than good enough and I hate cords!

I have used my GBuds for phone calls many times before I got my Sabbat E12U and in quiet environment, they are not bad, but if you are in for example a supermarket, the microphone pick up a lot of background noise thus making making your voice sounds muffled.
Here I am wishing that some company put BLON bl03 driver and tuning into a TWS. :sweat_smile:

Oct 8, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #13,089 of 62,443
If you're still in SG, there are still a few shops to check-out.

The shop beside Jaben - AV One. You may have also missed LendMeUrEars at Adelphi. At Funan, there's a photography shop that also carry TWs - forgot the shop name. Have you also checked Zeppelin at SLS? It's a cool coffee/audio shop, they also have TWs for you to try.

Yeah, Stereo doesn't carry Shanling. For your Shanling needs, better stick with Jaben.

sgshoppee.jpg

Thanks for all the pointers! Managed to swing by all of the above, but never really enough time, plus I don't really have that much on my 'must audition' list ... plus the fear that if I like one of the 300+$ TWS I might impulse buy and then terribly regret later ...

Funny thing though, the most 'impressive' audition I did was with the Bose Frames ... those BT sunglasses ... that is quite some 'cool' factor and they do sound impressive ... I just don't see much usage for them in my personal circumstances ... but for those who wear sunglasses all the time, might be interesting! (Someone mentioned earlier 'UPS drivers who are not allowed TWS or any other headphones) .... at 299SGD, did not buy :D

So, once more, empty hands and untouched wallet :) But I gave the friendly salesperson at Jaben my number in case the Shanling come in before week's end. We shall see ...

Bonus question for the local: Is there any used audio gear selling (like e-earphones in Tokyo, if you've ever been), saw some stuff at Jaben, could have been showroom models of amps .. not sure ..

and, is there a seedy underbelly ('worse' than SLS) where they peddle copy pirate clones :) So far the worst offenders I saw were at Valu$ 'fire sale', yes, that mainly cheap candy store, several models of airpod lookalikes for sub20SGD ...

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #13,092 of 62,443
Has anyone here tried both the lypertek tevi and the shanling mtw100? Can’t decide which to get oh and any reviews on the soundcore liberty 2 pro’s yet?

There's a few reviews online all very positive but don't go into much sound quality detail:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/marksp...ty-pro-2-earbuds-are-true-wireless-champions/
https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2019...feature-packed-long-lasting-wireless-earbuds/
https://knowtechie.com/review-ankers-soundcore-liberty-2-pro-wireless-earbuds-are-almost-perfect/

Still waiting for my order to ship. Also got some KZ ZS10 pro's on order so can see how they compare.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #13,093 of 62,443

Thanks for all the pointers! Managed to swing by all of the above, but never really enough time, plus I don't really have that much on my 'must audition' list ... plus the fear that if I like one of the 300+$ TWS I might impulse buy and then terribly regret later ...

Funny thing though, the most 'impressive' audition I did was with the Bose Frames ... those BT sunglasses ... that is quite some 'cool' factor and they do sound impressive ... I just don't see much usage for them in my personal circumstances ... but for those who wear sunglasses all the time, might be interesting! (Someone mentioned earlier 'UPS drivers who are not allowed TWS or any other headphones) .... at 299SGD, did not buy :D

So, once more, empty hands and untouched wallet :) But I gave the friendly salesperson at Jaben my number in case the Shanling come in before week's end. We shall see ...

Bonus question for the local: Is there any used audio gear selling (like e-earphones in Tokyo, if you've ever been), saw some stuff at Jaben, could have been showroom models of amps .. not sure ..

and, is there a seedy underbelly ('worse' than SLS) where they peddle copy pirate clones :) So far the worst offenders I saw were at Valu$ 'fire sale', yes, that mainly cheap candy store, several models of airpod lookalikes for sub20SGD ...

For used items, Jaben has a few. But most are posted online. Most of the audio shops also sell some of their demo units, you can just ask them which ones.

Have you tried Mustafa? They might carry a few really cheap TWS

Oct 8, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #13,094 of 62,443
Hey, I've just got my Edifier TWS5. I must be honest to say that they aren't exactly as good as I expected but I think that I was expecting too much to be honest.

My main IEM is from that banned chinese that's very similar to the KZ ZS6 and it's just so much better. Even with the first gen KZ Bluetooth cable.

But anyways. Connection is solid on my S10e and the independence of each bud is just so useful. AptX is also amazing compared to the first gen KZ cable and the battery is so long that I'm yet to drain them.

To conclude, I was expecting too much but these aren't bad. I guess I was just spoiled by some decent Chinese iems.

Anyway. The only thing that really bothers me are the eartips my ear canals are a bit weird and only spinfits and foam tips worked properly for me. Does anyone know the size of the bores of the TWS5? I couldn't find online and the eartips I have are too large. The good thing is that the case fits custom eartips. I've tried some spinfits and foam and they fitted perfect in the buds inside the case.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back