Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 14, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #11,837 of 62,431
Under $200, House of Marley Liberate Air and RHA TrueConnect as @clerkpalmer indicated, although I had a difficult time with the RHA staying in place and maintaining a good fit. I was able to get a good fit when i first put them in, but they are quite bulbous and tended to slide around. I was always messing with them in the gym. Also, the B&O E8 v1.0 is available for under $200 ($150 now) and is a solid choice as well. They sound exactly the same as the E8 2.0. The only difference is the 2.0 has a better case (more battery, USB-C, wireless charging), while the earbuds are the same (although there are different colors).

Under $100, quite a few good choices. MPOW T5, Creative Outlier (Air or Gold), COWIN KY02, FIIL TWS, Kissral (Anbes 359 clone), Tranya B530 or T3. In fact, many of the solid under $100 options are actually under $50, so you could grab more than one! It'll become an addiction. :D

Got the tranya b350

Sep 14, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #11,839 of 62,431
Under 200 rha true connect is a good choice and some good reports on the house of Marley air on here. Under 100, the m5 seems to be a solid choice or the creative outlier air. The tranya b530 may be overtaking the m5 as the best budget option. I like them both.

Thank you ordered the b
and...what else? :p

Idk yet I will wait since I need to research sound profiles. I want something with a mids and vocals emphasis. Or I will try something from the $200 recommendation. I needed something quick for now. What would you recommend?

Also back when I used to frequent this thread the Tranya T3s had just been discovered. So the b350s only because the Tranyas received a lot of praise back then. Since someone said the b350s beat the t3s I went with those.

P.S. if anything I love soundstage and wouldn't mind balanced. I would still need decent isolation.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #11,840 of 62,431
Shape of the buds is very different from the Anbes 359 though
55521820-F586-4196-BF78-3AA916D65FBA.jpeg

The shape of the Anbes buds is one of my favs and I wonder if anyone has encountered this shape in any other tws set.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #11,841 of 62,431
Shape of the buds is very different from the Anbes 359 though

The shape of the Anbes buds is one of my favs and I wonder if anyone has encountered this shape in any other tws set.

I really like the shape too, though it does make operating the button a little uncomfortable for me.

I have seen it in some other cases too.... Try image search on AliExpress, should come up with some ideas. I think Amazon may have image search too, but I'm not sure

Sep 14, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #11,842 of 62,431
Decided to try another set of TWS. Just got done playing around with the Ofusho F16. I currently own Adv model X. The F16s are eq friendly in the bass region. The bass is enjoyable and can be tweaked to have rumble. so there is a fun-factor with this set. I feel like the mids are recessed (which is fine). A darkish tone but does also feel somewhat warm. I feel like the treble is just ok. There is not much data retrieval in this region and eq'n doesnt do much. Its just there.

The model X definitely has better treble detailing and is overall, better.

The F16 for my ears defintely feels like they will not fall out. An issue i do have with the X. I used AUIVAs(Spelling?) and the tips suctioned right into my ears. Very rarely do i experience this with universals. They felt super-secure.
For $42 bucks, not a bad purchase and will definitely be used for my Nvidia Shield use and may see some rotation at the gym or when out and and about.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #11,843 of 62,431
Under $200, House of Marley Liberate Air and RHA TrueConnect as @clerkpalmer indicated, although I had a difficult time with the RHA staying in place and maintaining a good fit. I was able to get a good fit when i first put them in, but they are quite bulbous and tended to slide around. I was always messing with them in the gym. Also, the B&O E8 v1.0 is available for under $200 ($150 now) and is a solid choice as well. They sound exactly the same as the E8 2.0. The only difference is the 2.0 has a better case (more battery, USB-C, wireless charging), while the earbuds are the same (although there are different colors).

Under $100, quite a few good choices. MPOW T5, Creative Outlier (Air or Gold), COWIN KY02, FIIL TWS, Kissral (Anbes 359 clone), Tranya B530 or T3. In fact, many of the solid under $100 options are actually under $50, so you could grab more than one! It'll become an addiction. :D

With the inclusion of the F16, which of these top contenders are most comfortable?

Sep 14, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #11,844 of 62,431
I really like the shape too, though it does make operating the button a little uncomfortable for me.

I have seen it in some other cases too.... Try image search on AliExpress, should come up with some ideas. I think Amazon may have image search too, but I'm not sure
Yep, using the image search finds a "CHENKLE" TWS that looks exactly like the Anbes but at a cost or 80€ :frowning2:

Sep 14, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #11,845 of 62,431
If these are USB Type C they have me sold! I also see G-Wack has a variant of the UFO with a percentage indicator (its description says microUSB, but thankfully reviewers say it's USB-C, although I doubt it supports PD charging).

These just came in today. It’s MicroUSB, not typeC. Solid build and good SQ from initial impressions. Really surprised on how well these budget TWS are built these days.
xTVBhpim.jpg

0J041Ebm.jpg

BpUa1cOm.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #11,846 of 62,431
Got the Back Bay Duet 50s and have been digging them. I got a pair of the Ofusho F16s for my gf but when she swapped out the tips to anything but stock they don't fit in the charging case! unfortunately a dealbreaker :frowning2: any suggestions for something comfortable with a deep enough charging case to accommodate longer double flange tips?

Sep 14, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #11,847 of 62,431
say, has anyone here ever compared the sound of the MPow T5/M5 to the KZ ZS10 Pro?

Sep 14, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #11,848 of 62,431
say, has anyone here ever compared the sound of the MPow T5/M5 to the KZ ZS10 Pro?
I have both. While I really like the Mpow (although I think the Tranya may have taken the first spot in the rotation), they aren't in the same league as the Pros. The KZs have deeper bass, a better soundstage, and significantly better details. Of course, you could always turn them into wireless with a cable (which I've done), or the earpieces that people have been posting so much about here.

IMHO, Multiple drivers (especially a hybrid setup) are pretty much going to always win, unless it's a really high quality single dynamic. I don't have any TWS that are only balanced, since I don't like their sound as much. I have some balanced-only IEMs, and they're not my favorites, so it's unlikely I'd buy any.

Sep 14, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #11,849 of 62,431
I have both. While I really like the Mpow (although I think the Tranya may have taken the first spot in the rotation), they aren't in the same league as the Pros. The KZs have deeper bass, a better soundstage, and significantly better details. Of course, you could always turn them into wireless with a cable (which I've done), or the earpieces that people have been posting so much about here.

IMHO, Multiple drivers (especially a hybrid setup) are pretty much going to always win, unless it's a really high quality single dynamic. I don't have any TWS that are only balanced, since I don't like their sound as much. I have some balanced-only IEMs, and they're not my favorites, so it's unlikely I'd buy any.

thanks! i suspect as much..there's someone selling an MPow M5 at a really tempting price, but I'm hesitant to purchase it if it doesn't sound better or at least the same level to the ZS10 Pro, because i already have it at home. i might paint/sticker it black and use it as beater EDC TWS

Sep 14, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #11,850 of 62,431
thanks! i suspect as much..there's someone selling an MPow M5 at a really tempting price, but I'm hesitant to purchase it if it doesn't sound better or at least the same level to the ZS10 Pro, because i already have it at home. i might paint/sticker it black and use it as beater EDC TWS
Are you talking about the ZS10 Pro or the ZSX true wireless?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back