Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 14, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #11,821 of 62,423
Didn’t you feel like the buttons are hard to press and each time you press them it’s like driving an ice pick into your ear !?
Yes, if you push them in directly, but that's not how I press them. I actually brace the top edge with my index finger a bit, so when I press the button with my thumb, the pressure rests against my finger and doesn't force it further in my ear. I always prefer touch controls in most cases, although I do find the button controls on the MW07 very well done (they rest on the edge, not on the earbud face).

Sep 14, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #11,822 of 62,423
Yes, if you push them in directly, but that's not how I press them. I actually brace the top edge with my index finger a bit, so when I press the button with my thumb, the pressure rests against my finger and doesn't force it further in my ear. I always prefer touch controls in most cases, although I do find the button controls on the MW07 very well done (they rest on the edge, not on the earbud face).

Agree. But having to negotiate the brace and press when sweaty and active didn’t work for me. But good sound.

Sep 14, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #11,824 of 62,423
My NUARLs kicked the bucket. Overall they were good. Anyone have any recommendations under $100 and under $200??

Overall I just mainly want them for commute and or to replace airpods.
Under 200 rha true connect is a good choice and some good reports on the house of Marley air on here. Under 100, the m5 seems to be a solid choice or the creative outlier air. The tranya b530 may be overtaking the m5 as the best budget option. I like them both.

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #11,825 of 62,423
Under 200 rha true connect is a good choice and some good reports on the house of Marley air on here. Under 100, the m5 seems to be a solid choice or the creative outlier air. The tranya b530 may be overtaking the m5 as the best budget option. I like them both.
Now I feel like I need to look into ways on how to get those B530 :wink:. Amazon US only?

No, need to stop. Have more than enough!!!

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #11,829 of 62,423
Now I feel like I need to look into ways on how to get those B530 :wink:. Amazon US only?

No, need to stop. Have more than enough!!!
If you already have the m5, the b530 probably isn't worth the upgrade. More same than different imo.

Agreed. I found the Tranya B530 to be somewhere between the Tranya T3 and the Mpow T5. And IMO T3+T5 > B530 :-D
I go into a bit more detail in my review too and have side by side photos (see signature)

Sep 14, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #11,830 of 62,423
If anyone's interested, I've just posted a rather long review of the Syllable S101, comparing it to the QCY QS2
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/syllable-s101.23938/reviews#review-22624
It IS long. And very thorough it seems. And one day I shall read it all. For now thanks to giving some attention to the 101. I liked them from the beginning, somehow I forgot / did not know they have AptX. Need to check with my shanling if I hear a difference.
(Just checked the sales material again, and they do not advertise AptX in big, shiny letters.., it’s more of a throw away extra info in one of the pics... double checked then your review if you could really connect with AptX. This must be one of the cheapest AptX tws around. AND it’s DD!!!)

And I have the same appreciation of physical buttons over ‘touch’ button as you.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #11,831 of 62,423
Was there a discussion/ question regarding Awei that I missed? So far I did not say much about those T6C which I got. They are overall good performers, especially at the 18$ sales special I got them for. But also not mind blowing

Had asked for good under $50 tws options to everyone in the thread. @actorlife recommended Ofusho F16 which sadly I can't post to India. So probably asked for some options in Ali. I already own BT20S and QCY T2C. Was looking for something as a step-up/improvement.

So far I can only think of Anbes 359.

Sep 14, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #11,832 of 62,423
Sep 14, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #11,833 of 62,423
I just won an Edifier TWS1 on aliexpress. I’ll review it. I look forward to it’s “classic sound,” as the review I read called it’s signature.
Just received the Edifier TWS1 from AliExpress yesterday:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33036956266.html
First impression is good. I haven’t attempted to compare it side by side with the QCY T1C which is the only other pair of TWS I have, but based on my memory here are the differences I notice:
- The Edifier is louder (may be that’s why I can hear some background faint hiss when there is nothing playing). The announcements are also very loud.
- The Edifier seems to provide more clarity and air due to mid/high being more forward.
- Comfort level is similar. May need more time to confirm. To me the tips that come with the Edifier fit me better. For the QCY I have to switch to Sony tips to get a good seal.
- The Edifier touch control can only perform start/stop and skip forward/backward. No volume and smart assistant. QCY’s physical button can do smart assistant.
- I need to get use to the magnetic cover of Edifier’s charging case that closes very eagerly. QCY’s case has no cover.
- Even though the Edifier uses the Qualcomm 3020 chip, it only supports SBC and AptX. The QCY supports SBC and AAC. I have Apple devices so I guess SBC is used. I do not know how much the encoding can affect the quality but in this case I think the sound signature difference probably plays a bigger role.
- The mic on the Edifier works. My QCY’s right mic is broken (I got a partial refund because of this :))
- Both exhibit delay with YouTube on iPhone and iPad.

In early conclusion, there is a noticeable difference in sound signature and loudness. I do wish it can support even lower volume but that’s probably just me.

Sep 14, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #11,834 of 62,423
My NUARLs kicked the bucket. Overall they were good. Anyone have any recommendations under $100 and under $200??

Overall I just mainly want them for commute and or to replace airpods.
Under $200, House of Marley Liberate Air and RHA TrueConnect as @clerkpalmer indicated, although I had a difficult time with the RHA staying in place and maintaining a good fit. I was able to get a good fit when i first put them in, but they are quite bulbous and tended to slide around. I was always messing with them in the gym. Also, the B&O E8 v1.0 is available for under $200 ($150 now) and is a solid choice as well. They sound exactly the same as the E8 2.0. The only difference is the 2.0 has a better case (more battery, USB-C, wireless charging), while the earbuds are the same (although there are different colors).

Under $100, quite a few good choices. MPOW T5, Creative Outlier (Air or Gold), COWIN KY02, FIIL TWS, Kissral (Anbes 359 clone), Tranya B530 or T3. In fact, many of the solid under $100 options are actually under $50, so you could grab more than one! It'll become an addiction. :D

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #11,835 of 62,423
Had asked for good under $50 tws options to everyone in the thread. @actorlife recommended Ofusho F16 which sadly I can't post to India. So probably asked for some options in Ali. I already own BT20S and QCY T2C. Was looking for something as a step-up/improvement.

So far I can only think of Anbes 359.

Not sure how he thought of Awei in this case. And at least you have Amazon .in
Maybe they have the Tranya. (T3 or B530)

The Mpow t5 can be had from AliX for 51.35$ and they are very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back