Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 13, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #11,791 of 62,111

I was in the same boat, at one point I had 1x BT20 & 2x BT20S.

Sold one of each, since a single pair of long BT20S lasts long enough for me.

For those that own both, BT20 or the newer S? The 20 is literally dirt cheap at this point but the S is future-proofed.

I have both of them but I'm too lazy to do a comparison lol

For me, BT20S. 1-2 hour longer battery life, Apt-x as my phone won't connect via AAC and it has some kind of sweat proofing as I wear these while working out in the garage.

Sure it's louder and may have hiss on low impedence BA/hybrid's. I can deal with that, for me these aren't for critical listening. That and I mostly use them with mmcx earbuds.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #11,792 of 62,111
For those that own both, BT20 or the newer S? The 20 is literally dirt cheap at this point but the S is future-proofed.

I have both of them but I'm too lazy to do a comparison lol

For me, the build quality is much better on the bt20s. My bt20 left side button always get atuck because the charging port kind of pushed in making the button can't be pressed. None of that with the bt20s. Oh and the hiss is noticeable only when there is no other sound, but I am using mine for pretty much everything (youtube, music, movie, gaming, etc) so it is a non issue.

Sep 13, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #11,793 of 62,111

glad to see that i still have a socially acceptable numbers... but i do thinking buying more :dt880smile:

I was in the same boat, at one point I had 1x BT20 & 2x BT20S.

Sold one of each, since a single pair of long BT20S lasts long enough for me.

i agree with you, essentially one is enough, as the battery is really long and can last even two days of moderate use. tested it by going to a relative's house without the charger cable.

the only reason i bought several because i rather not connect/disconnecting my IEMs too often.

i just think of purchasing the BT20s is like purchasing 10 meters worth of cable

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #11,794 of 62,111
glad to see that i still have a socially acceptable numbers... but i do thinking buying more :dt880smile:

i agree with you, essentially one is enough, as the battery is really long and can last even two days of moderate use. tested it by going to a relative's house without the charger cable.

the only reason i bought several because i rather not connect/disconnecting my IEMs too often.

i just think of purchasing the BT20s is like purchasing 10 meters worth of cable
To power on and off, would both pieces’ power buttons need to be pressed or just one of them? Thanks

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #11,795 of 62,111
To power on and off, would both pieces’ power buttons need to be pressed or just one of them? Thanks

only one of them is enough on the older BT20, but you need to press both on the newer BT20S

Sep 13, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #11,797 of 62,111
Anyone interested in a review of the most curious true wireless earphones I've tried so far? :p

Aipower Wearbuds review smartband earbuds.jpg

And no, I didn't take that picture midnight...

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #11,799 of 62,111
Darn. Maybe Caipirina can give you a Ali link for those awei tws in the meantime. He seems to like them.

Thanks for the help. And sending good vibes to you so that you can return back soon!

Sep 13, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #11,800 of 62,111
More info on the Jabees Firefly.2 being released September 30:

https://store.jabees.com/collection...wireless-charging-case?variant=29953472168008

Seems like the main changes are 10H battery life and IPX7 waterproofing. The charging case is nearly the same as the Firefly Pro with Qi charging (same size) although the lid is different. Still only supports AAC and SBC.

Edit: they told me call quality is better as it uses dual mics

New version of BE30 UFO/Anbes 359 with different housings and a clip hanger.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000106465351.html

Has anyone here used Fasttech or GearVita?

That marketing makes no sense to me for the Jabees Firefly.2. As a former collegiate swimmer and open water racer, there is ZERO chance those will work while swimming. You won’t maintain a connection with your phone sitting on the deck of the pool as you swim laps, nor if you put your phone in a waterproof armband as the suggest!!? Not sure what they are trying to say. I’m sure it’s waterproof but not gonna be listening to music whilst swimming.

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #11,804 of 62,111
You know what's funny about that... If memory serves, on the inside of the Ofusho case it says "Take it. Take fun."
It says exactly that. They look exactly like the Ofushos except for the red/orange coloring on them.

Sep 13, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #11,805 of 62,111
It says exactly that. They look exactly like the Ofushos except for the red/orange coloring on them.

yes these do look exactly minus the red accents. my ofusho are still available for trade is someone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back