Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 11, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #6,796 of 62,112
Thanks Clerk

May 11, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #6,798 of 62,112
I'm not a particular fan of the Anbes. I think the only thing they excel at is their performance/price ratio. If you are strapped for cash, by all means give them a try. Personally, I've found myself with a rather large collection of TW buds/earphones, and would never use mine for a real listening session. Every once in a while, I give them a try to see if my opinion has changed, but it doesn't.

I'm not knocking anyone's opinion, just the hype. If you've got more than $40 to spend, you can probably do better.

Or maybe not. Maybe they're just your cup of tea.

EDIT: I just pulled them out again and compared them with the $30 iQute (link below), and found the iQute superior in sound. Form factor of the Anbes is sleeker, however. YMMV.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Earbuds-Bluetooth-Headphones-Charging/dp/B07K2PJBZP/

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #6,800 of 62,112
I just received the Hoco ES24 (looks like it is the exact same model as the Anbes 360 and a few other brands). Form factor is quite nice, the charging case is really tiny but has a battery indicator in percentage in it and a 800MaH battery. Hoco did awesome with the packaging, it looks real slick.

The sound quality is meh, it sounds a bit muffled and has an overpowering bass; but with other tips they sound a bit better and are quite solid work-out TWS.

May 11, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #6,801 of 62,112
I'm not a particular fan of the Anbes. I think the only thing they excel at is their performance/price ratio. If you are strapped for cash, by all means give them a try. Personally, I've found myself with a rather large collection of TW buds/earphones, and would never use mine for a real listening session. Every once in a while, I give them a try to see if my opinion has changed, but it doesn't.

I'm not knocking anyone's opinion, just the hype. If you've got more than $40 to spend, you can probably do better.

Or maybe not. Maybe they're just your cup of tea.

I'm waiting for my set to be delivered sometime early next week. Can't wait to see how to compare against the NT01AX and Outlier Air...

May 11, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #6,802 of 62,112
Received Powerbeats Pro today. Whether you love or hate Apple, you have to give them a lot of credit. Their stuff just works. PB Pro are no exception. Basically, the combine all the good stuff with Airpods (H1 chip in particular) into a pretty awesome form factor particularly for sports/gym use. I expected to be wowed for $250 and for the most part they deliver although I think they are probably overpriced by $50.

Obviously, the H1 integration is awesome if you are on Ios. 9 hour battery life is ridiculous and class leading. Turning to SQ, this is where they fall a bit short. First and foremost, they do not sound better or as good as the MW07 or the MTW. It's definitely a step or two behind in terms of absolute SQ. Once you get past the big boys, the SQ is up there. I think they are as good sounding as the best of the rest. Outside of the MW07 and the MTW, I've been a big fan of the Bose for pure SQ. I think the PB Pro hang with the Bose and because they offer more isolation, may beat them in certain respects. As the reviews have noted, they are definitely more balanced that older beats products. There is plenty of bass but it does not overwhelm and it does not bleed into the mids. These are forward in your face headphones. Perfect for the gym or a run. They are a notch above the Jabra and Sony for SQ. While I had to sell my Nuarl due to fit issues, these can hang with them as well. Actually, they remind me quite a bit of the Nuarls.

I absolutely love the fit. They are rock solid in your ear. They do let a little sound in so be prepared for that. Much less than bose but more than say the Jabras. They are way sleeker looking than the old powerbeats. Looks are subjective but I think these work better as gym headphones than all rounders. I would feel a little awkward rocking them around town compared to something like the MTW or MW07 but they aren't that bad.

If price is no object and you are on iOS, these are the best TW headphones out there. They definitely are the gold standard for pushing the TW tech. They also are the best "gym" headphones I have ever used. Between the awesome H1 integration, ridiculous battery life, superb fit and better than expected SQ, they blow away the competition. If you are not on iOS and/or are price sensitive, it gets more complicated. If SQ is your sole priority, I would spend the extra $50 on the Senns or MW07. Overall, I am impressed and will be keeping them as my go to workout set.

As an aside, Apple clearly realizes these things destroy the Airpods and appears to be "under marketing" them perhaps so as not to cannibalize their own product? Strange.
Now I have to find a way to convince the Mrs. that I need these. Last time I got something, she was like, "How many headphones do you have?!". Uh, duh, one for every slight mood differentiation. These one headphone people are adorable, just so adorable.

May 11, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #6,803 of 62,112
Now I have to find a way to convince the Mrs. that I need these. Last time I got something, she was like, "How many headphones do you have?!". Uh, duh, one for every slight mood differentiation. These one headphone people are adorable, just so adorable.

If you have an iPhone, and don’t mind the price, these are a required purchase. Everything AirPods are not.

May 11, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #6,806 of 62,112

When I get THAT question I asked the Mrs. “How many pairs of shoes you have?” ... that usually ends the discussion :wink:

May 11, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #6,807 of 62,112
Has anyone tried the ANBES 358 and the 359 to compare the two? I'm unsure about whether to get the 359s because I don't like the 358 being overly bassy. I'm unsure if the driver is the same for both, but I ordered the 359 in the meantime and we will see

May 11, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #6,808 of 62,112
If you have an iPhone, and don’t mind the price, these are a required purchase. Everything AirPods are not.

Sigh, I’m sure the counterfeits are already being planned. They counterfeit everything else Beats.

May 11, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #6,809 of 62,112
When I get THAT question I asked the Mrs. “How many pairs of shoes you have?” ... that usually ends the discussion :wink:

But she NEEDS the shoes to go with that little black dress! And of course a cute matching handbag.

You don’t NEED headphones.

Or at least, that’s their logic.

Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back