Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 5, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #4,846 of 62,423
I just received the Sabbat E12:

A) Incredibly comfortable - and I quite like the case/size.

B) Overall like the fit and finish.

C) Sound is good - not blowing my mind - but I like it.

Two issues:

1) I thought it was the seal, but no matter how much I play with tips and re-seating it still sounds like the balance is off and leaning leftward. This is particularly noticeable with the bass - it just seems way less full/present on the right bud. Anyone else experience this with the X12 or E12?

2) I can hear a slight buzzing/mechanical sound with the "follower" bud - reminds me a bit of what I could hear with the Earin M-2 at loud volumes - whichever bud was the follower would have a slight buzzing that I've started to assume is the NFMI mechanism?

Honestly, if it weren't for issue 1, I would probably keep them. But I think I have to return them for the combo of 1 and 2 above.

No balance problems with my X12, possibly a bit with the voice prompts at times but that's it. Can't say I've noticed any buzzing either and yes the sound is good, especially for "open" earbuds, but not as good as the Sony WF1000-x. It's fine when you're on the move, or even at home for casual listening.

X12 have a "no artifacts" transparency mode active 100% of the time and other than for commuting or in a plane that's perfect IMHO. Espc

Feb 5, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #4,847 of 62,423
So I went with the MW07 as there was a local retailer that accepts returns for them. (for 50 days)

I saw one review of the earbuds that said that full volume is not enough. This is really weird these are loud for me at a bit over half volume.
I know its unfair comparison but I feel these still have ways to go compared to my full size headphones. They do sound better than the X3 but especially snare hits sound still off.
Maybe its just the presentation of iem.

Feb 5, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #4,848 of 62,423
Are you comparing them to the Focals? That's... I mean... yeah they're not even gonna be in the same area code. Even the Philips X1 will naturally be a significant step beyond.

Feb 5, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #4,849 of 62,423
Mostly the 1more Triple drivers. But yeah, I can't shake the sound of Focals after getting them. "Endgame" for sure.
The Philips isn't my first choice for music. For games and movies its amazing.

Not really fair comparison either way. Only other iem I have is the Hifiman Bolt which might be the worst thing I've heard. The convenience of true wireless is something else. So easy to take them where-ever I go.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #4,850 of 62,423
Mostly the 1more Triple drivers. But yeah, I can't shake the sound of Focals after getting them. "Endgame" for sure.
The Philips isn't my first choice for music. For games and movies its amazing.

Not really fair comparison either way. Only other iem I have is the Hifiman Bolt which might be the worst thing I've heard. The convenience of true wireless is something else. So easy to take them where-ever I go.

1More triple over the MW07? Peculiar. I have the Quads and liked the MW07 more (really close, though).

Feb 5, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #4,851 of 62,423
1More triple over the MW07? Peculiar. I have the Quads and liked the MW07 more (really close, though).

The triples are the over/on ear ones. I think someone calls them tridents. 1More really needs better names for their headphones.
But I don't think they are that much better, just different.

Feb 5, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #4,852 of 62,423
The triples are the over/on ear ones. I think someone calls them tridents. 1More really needs better names for their headphones.
But I don't think they are that much better, just different.

Ah! Sorry, my mistake. Haven't heard that one, but yeah. A multi-driver full-size wired headphone in the $200 range is probably going to have advantages over a TWE for several reasons.

Feb 6, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #4,856 of 62,423
There is no transparency mode on the Sabbat TWEs. On the X12 it's not a problem since they are transparent by design.

Feb 6, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #4,858 of 62,423
Strange thing. With my previous Galaxy S8 my 65t and MW07 had virtually no dropouts. Now I upgraded to S9+ and it’s dropout galore for both TWs! Inside or outside. Stretch hands over head at the gym – dropout, fiddle the wrong way with the right bud – dropout, etc. On the street both randomly make momentary cracks in places where neither ever did. Switching codecs doesn’t make any difference in connectivity. And it’s not the left bud loosing connection, seems like both. All of which makes me think that it has something to do with S9+. Antenna location? Different chipset and BT SoC? Both S8 and S9+ run Android 8. Unfortunately besides S9+ and iPad Air I don’t have currently any other source to compare, and it’s unrealistic to carry the tablet to the gym or jog with it. Any ideas, guys?

Feb 6, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #4,859 of 62,423
Anyone else having zero problems with the Comply True Grip? Picked up a set on a whim and they're gangbusters. Now the MTW is the ultimate gym bud.

Feb 6, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #4,860 of 62,423
Anyone else having zero problems with the Comply True Grip? Picked up a set on a whim and they're gangbusters. Now the MTW is the ultimate gym bud.
Too small for me; impossible to get a proper seal without using my hands to keep them jammed deep into my ear canals. If they had larger size options, they’d work fine.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back