Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 10, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #4,096 of 63,207
Two more Chi-Fi units I'm currently testing:

BT32 Mach 5.1 - average SQ that's decent but doesn't really stand out. It has fatal flaw in that even if you manually turn the buds off it'll automatically turn on when it's fully charged... These are going back.

iQute TWS - there's the adage with car engines that there's simply no replacement for displacement and this TWE fits the bill. Main thing that caught my eye was that it features a 12mm graphene driver. They are kinda bulky and I finally found a good fit with some M sized Spinfit tips and man these things are loud! Only SBC and the implementation seems average (some slight graininess - Jaybird X2 is my benchmark for well-implemented SBC) but otherwise, it has very deep bass, airy presentation, crisp treble that's not sibilant at all. The range is pretty good and I haven't had any issues with inter-bud connectivity so far. I also like that the main body of the case is aluminum rather than cheap plastic with rubberized feets to keep them from sliding. Oh, did I mention how loud these are? I generally listen on the lower end of the spectrum and rarely exceed 50% volume on my LG V30 which with the majority of my BT earbuds are still bearable until about 75%. These at 60% are just a bit too loud for me. :D I like that it has redundant volume +/- controls and play/pause buttons on both buds that offer a very satisfying and crisp tactile feel when depressed (although this does transmit microphonics into your ears though...). Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with these (especially with the $10 off promo they currently have going else I wouldn't have purchased these at regular price of $44).

Jan 10, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #4,097 of 63,207
I own both MW07 and Sennheiser MTW.After using both briefly, i have decided to list MTW for sale here on classifieds.

i thgt of picking one for commute, but True wireless doesn't give enough isolation that i was looking for. Moving back to Sony XM3 headphones.

Jan 11, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #4,098 of 63,207
Alotta new TWS coming out at CES with 10ish hour battery and also a few with ANC the 1More, Cleer and Sol Republics to name a few. Wondering how good ANC will be - if these can have good passive isolation through Complys or similar and decent ANC, might give the overears a run for their money

Jan 11, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #4,099 of 63,207
Alotta new TWS coming out at CES with 10ish hour battery and also a few with ANC the 1More, Cleer and Sol Republics to name a few. Wondering how good ANC will be - if these can have good passive isolation through Complys or similar and decent ANC, might give the overears a run for their money
yes, the qualcomm 5100 series finally coming.

Here are pics of some tws, too bad most of the charging cases does not seem to fit foam tips.

Jan 11, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #4,100 of 63,207
Looking forward to these ANC enabled models too, let's hope it won't be Sony 1000/700 level ANC though as it adds very little isolation. Based on the form factor/battery constraints I think we shouldn't raise our hopes too high. As for Comply compatibility, count me out, good isolation but the sound is just too muffled with foam, it strikes me each time I try one side with foam and the other with silicone.

I own both MW07 and Sennheiser MTW.After using both briefly, i have decided to list MTW for sale here on classifieds.

i thgt of picking one for commute, but True wireless doesn't give enough isolation that i was looking for. Moving back to Sony XM3 headphones.
Without music nothing can compete with XM3/QC25 ANC but with music I've found that TWS with decent isolation like the 65t do the job. You have to draw the line somewhere :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #4,101 of 63,207
If you don't care about sound, the AirPods are right up your alley.

I haven't had ANY connection issues with my MTW. No L/R drop outs, distance is flat out impressive for a TWE, but I do notice the L earbud is at 93% or 94% out of the charger (overnight). Looking forward to the updates and glad they were actually announced. Gotta give Sennheiser credit.
So Sennheiser have acknowledged the charging/battery issues and announced somewhere that a fix is on the way?

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #4,103 of 63,207
You could not pay me to put those klipsch in my ear with that branding. My god what a marketing disaster. I don’t care what they sound like. What were they thinking!

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #4,105 of 63,207
Spinfit CP100 (medium) arrived today. Pressed them fully to fit the Earin M2 and they just about fit in the case with little difficulty. I found adding one earbud on the right first, and then the left makes them fit with no charging issues nice and securely.

My word they are comfortable, the most comfortable earbuds I've used. They really tightened up the bass and opened up the mids. The CP100 also greatly widens the soundstage vs the comply tips in the box.

Highly recommended, and Amazon US only took 1 week to send them over. Now I'm even more impressed by the M2's.

xBliRL8

dJVx6Xm

Can't seem to embed the pictures but here's a link:

https://imgur.com/a/qzE8qPl

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #4,107 of 63,207
A guy on Reddit says he got a mail from the distribution company for Sennheiser in Czech Republic, saying that the "undisconnected earbuds from bluetooth" (as he wrote it), are HW issue and will be replaced under warranty.
So if you have problems with buds which will not turn off when putting them in the case, you may get new ones when contacting Sennheiser.
(Don't shoot the messenger :) )

Jan 11, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #4,108 of 63,207
I suppose I could put black tape over the hideous lettering...

I admit that they're kinda gaudy but if you're willing to cut off your nose to spite your face because of a logo on something as small as a TWE, well more power to ya I guess. If they're the best sounding TWEs out there, or at least close to the MW07 and have better battery life I'll snap 'em up in a heartbeat, logos be damned. I care about my music, not people looking at me.

Jan 11, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #4,109 of 63,207
A guy on Reddit says he got a mail from the distribution company for Sennheiser in Czech Republic, saying that the "undisconnected earbuds from bluetooth" (as he wrote it), are HW issue and will be replaced under warranty.
So if you have problems with buds which will not turn off when putting them in the case, you may get new ones when contacting Sennheiser.
(Don't shoot the messenger :) )

If that's the case, according to the manual they have a 24 month warranty - so it might be worthwhile to see what firmware brings.

@dweaver suggested I reset the TMWs, which involves plugging the case into a charger, then putting them in the case and pressing on both of their touch surfaces for 6+ seconds. Trouble is that I cannot get this to actually reset them AFAICT - they don't even lose pairing. I'm scared to press much longer because 30+ seconds is supposed to be a full factory wipe. But I may break down this weekend and do that.

Also, I think the addition of an elastic strap like the E8's might well solve the issue too.

Jan 11, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #4,110 of 63,207
I admit that they're kinda gaudy but if you're willing to cut off your nose to spite your face because of a logo on something as small as a TWE, well more power to ya I guess. If they're the best sounding TWEs out there, or at least close to the MW07 and have better battery life I'll snap 'em up in a heartbeat, logos be damned. I care about my music, not people looking at me.

There was some sarcasm in my original post. However, they would have to blow the doors off of the MW07. My larger point is that big companies should employ people to stop them from making terrible mistakes like that. Whoever approved that design should be fired and it will absolutely cost them sales. Sure, looks aren’t everything but they sure should try to make them attractive or at the very least, inconspicuous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back