Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 7, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #3,856 of 63,207
I think I may take a flyer on the under armor versions. The UA train is really good and I’m hoping they can replicate that here.

Sure you can wait till they come out. Almost a whole day till Jan 8th. :) Then you can test them out so we can see how the Flow will be as well.

Jan 7, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #3,857 of 63,207
At least in the UK, Sennheiser paid for my MTW return - I did however have to go directly to Sennheiser customer support.

The shop support (which is Digital River) were TERRIBLE. They essentially replied once saying "oh hey we don't deal with technical issues, contact Support", even though I specifically said I wanted to return the item. I replied saying I had clearly requested a return and they didn't even reply to that.

I had to contact Sennheiser Customer Service directly, and got a really helpful agent who expedited the return request. However I'm still waiting on a refund...so if you can buy from Amazon/some other store with a good return policy, I'd go there tbh, no need for this headache.

As a lengthy aside, finally got my MW07s - unfortunately it's been far too long since I returned the MTWs, so my comparison by memory is probably really fuzzy. One thing I do remember is that I got the MTWs on the same day as the Enacfire E18 (chifi, but decent) and remember wondering if the price difference was really worth that much. By contrast, swapping from the same E18s to the MW07 was like a little shock at how much better they were.

I may just prefer the MW07 sound signature though. I also agree with previous posts - their SQ is not really going to replace a good pair of in-ears of even half the price, but the convenience really really makes up for it. Lack of microphonics and cable snag is huge for me. Still testing battery life, but I think I listen at a relatively low 50-60%ish volume, so might get the full 3.5.

Usability is much better than the MTWs, at least so far. No issues with them continuing to play when placed in the case, case is just a tiny bit slimmer which actually helps alot, and they pair with both a PC and Android phone, reconnect with both instantly and swap between both seamlessly. This was annoying with the MTWs, you essentially have to repair each time (Go into pairing mode, then connect in the device settings)

They are COMFORTABLE, better than any other in-ear I've used, except maybe the Bose StayHear+ tips, which aren't really in-ear and have terrible isolation. They definitely sit much, much better than the MTW. Occasionally I would feel like the MTW might fall out (they wouldn't, but just had a weighty feeling as if the center of gravity wanted to get out of my conchla) The MTW also stick out quite a bit (was called a Cyberman more than once, for any Doctor Who fans out there...) and would often get stuck and fall out when removing sweaters/jackets. MW07s do not have that issue, they sit much more flush, and the wingtips help keep them very secure.

MW07s are also TINY. I didn't quite appreciate how small they are till I opened the case - they're much smaller in person than review pictures suggest. Also much smaller than the MTWs, and at least for me, are much less fatiguing to wear for longer periods.

Only gripes while I'm still in this honeymoon period are that the case is so beautiful that I have to use the soft case to carry it around in, and I keep looking at all the other colour options wondering if I love the one I have or would be happier with another one....They are really gorgeously designed IMO. Additionally, would really like a magnetic seating system - they haven't failed to charge, but it just doesn't feel as secure as a lock-in or magnetic system. The lid does push them down consistently, and is itself magnetic, and it may have been to accomodate the acoustic chamber.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #3,859 of 63,207
I may just prefer the MW07 sound signature though. I also agree with previous posts - their SQ is not really going to replace a good pair of in-ears of even half the price
I'd venture to say that in sq MW07 from my experience could well match decent $150 single dynamic driver wired IEMs. But of course not hybrids or multi-BA ones. Though on some tracks they come surprisingly close to my wired, admittedly old, Westone4 with their 4 BA drivers.

Only gripes while I'm still in this honeymoon period are that the case is so beautiful that I have to use the soft case to carry it around in
Lol, I guess my honeymoon already lasts since mid November. At least I also always keep charge case in a supplied soft pouch as though it's some jewel box. My wife calls it "girly" (both the case and my behavior).

On another note so far I should praise M&D support. They saw that I bitched about battery life on their FB page and almost immediately somebody messaged me asking to send an email to their support. I did it over weekend and, lo and behold, today early morning Monday they responded they'll be happy to exchange my pair, postage paid both ways and all. I have black discounted version from Best Buy. Will see.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #3,860 of 63,207
I'd venture to say that in sq MW07 from my experience could well match decent $150 single dynamic driver wired IEMs. But of course not hybrids or multi-BA ones. Though on some tracks they come surprisingly close to my wired, admittedly old, Westone4 with their 4 BA drivers.

Lol, I guess my honeymoon already lasts since mid November. At least I also always keep charge case in a supplied soft pouch as though it's some jewel box. My wife calls it "girly" (both the case and my behavior).

On another note so far I should praise M&D support. They saw that I bitched about battery life on their FB page and almost immediately somebody messaged me asking to send an email to their support. I did it over weekend and, lo and behold, today early morning Monday they responded they'll be happy to exchange my pair, postage paid both ways and all. I have black discounted version from Best Buy. Will see.

Oh that's amazing - I seem to be getting only just under 3 as well, I wonder if an email might work. I'd even pay for an upgraded battery, is how much I love these things

Jan 7, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #3,861 of 63,207
Comply foam tips just made available for sale for Jabra Elite 65t and Active 65t

https://www.complyfoam.com/products/jabra-elite65t

Looks like they are only offering one size which is a bit disappointing as I beta tested Small, Medium and Large last summer but it looks like they won’t be offering all sizes.

If anyone tries them out, please post your experience.

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #3,862 of 63,207
I actually broke down and ordered the MTW. Per tracking, I should have them tomorrow. I ordered from Best Buy, as I couldn't get a straight answer if Sennheiser pays for return shipping. I'll report any issues I see, in addition to the sound.
Good to see you got them! I still absoultley love mine. Great sound, they always connect the second I pull them out one tap and Tidal is playing. I noticed a few percentage points differance between left and right but it doesn't bother me as I just put em in and enjoy the tunes.
I can't however stop thinking of the MW07.

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #3,863 of 63,207
Which JBL has the massive play time? I don't like that you have to choose between features and there's apparently no "deluxe" model that includes everything. I think having 4 different models on a "new" product type like this is dumb.

Also despise the idea of having "Under Armour" IEMs just like I won't wear a Nike watch or use an Adidas phone.

So for me there was very little to like about the JBL announcement.

The UA products are gym specific. I have their on-ears (the Project Rock specifically, so that's double branding) and they're absolutely gangbusters for that purpose. Wouldn't get 'em for casual listening, but I think it's pretty dumb to get all hot and bothered about a product's branding if it's otherwise great.

I'm not terribly enthused about JBL either but, hey, we'll see.

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #3,865 of 63,207
I may just prefer the MW07 sound signature though. I also agree with previous posts - their SQ is not really going to replace a good pair of in-ears of even half the price,

Massively disagree. I have my MW07 with a few IEMs in the $200-300 range (1more Quad, Mee P1, iBasso IT03) and prefer the MW07 rather significantly.

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #3,866 of 63,207
Massively disagree. I have my MW07 with a few IEMs in the $200-300 range (1more Quad, Mee P1, iBasso IT03) and prefer the MW07 rather significantly.
+1 i love the mw07, they sound damn good, ok not wired amazing, but still damn good for what they are. Convenience and sq is good, battery life is meh, but it's early days for TWEs really, they're still immature relatively.

I get my earin m2's on thursday, fingers crossed.

Jan 7, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #3,867 of 63,207
I returned my Senn's in December, and got a refund last week, so I assume you should be getting yours soon. Mine shows as lost in transit though, or not delivered, but Senn still refunded me in good faith. Which was nice.
Oh, man, glad I didn't purchase it from them! I knew it was a little iffy when I couldn't find out if they paid return shipping and just kept reiterating "30 day money back guarantee". Does that mean some money or all my effing money?!

Jan 7, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #3,868 of 63,207
Well, I found out I was on SBC in Bluetooth settings for some reason, and after switching to aptX, they really do sound even better (maybe placebo but it seems significant!)

So yeah, I take back my previous statement about SQ to cost ratio. That said, I'm amazed they sounded so good on SBC! Instrument separation (or whateverthe proper term is) is awesome...

One thing has happened - there is the usual left ear hiss of most NFMI headphones I've tried (MTW was actually one of the better ones in this area - the Headphone by Bragi were terrible for it) but if I'm pausing music/video, there is a faint, high-pitched cyclical sound in the right ear only.

It's like a small squeaky wheel, very very faint, and it cycles on a pattern of 4ish pulses. It seems mechanical, like it's the connection pulse between right and left or something.

It stops after the 4 pulses though, and won't recur until the next time I pause music.

Anyone know what that is?

[EDIT] Happens when skipping songs too, whether in an app or using the earphone controls. Really not a dealbreaker, but curious

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #3,869 of 63,207

Very, very interesting to me. I have the IT01 as a budget bang'around set, but it seems like you and I eye a lot of the same IEMs - which of the three you listed do you like best and why and which would you choose for bass quality (if nothing else mattered).

On that note - have you heard the Earin M-2 post-update and what were your opinions?

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #3,870 of 63,207
Comply foam tips just made available for sale for Jabra Elite 65t and Active 65t

https://www.complyfoam.com/products/jabra-elite65t

Looks like they are only offering one size which is a bit disappointing as I beta tested Small, Medium and Large last summer but it looks like they won’t be offering all sizes.

If anyone tries them out, please post your experience.

Thanks for the heads up, too bad indeed about the single size. The original True Wireless Comply were way too small for me with the Jabra Sport Elite and apparently the True Grip aren't any better for many people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back