Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 23, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #2,237 of 62,483
I bought the Jabra 65T active today. It's on sale at Amazon (as well as the Jabra website) and depending on your credit card you may get a discount as well (I got $15 off) so at that price, it was too good to pass up. There's a refurb on ebay for the same price however I do get a longer warranty when buying new. I figure this will be a safer choice as I can sell at minimal loss if it turns out to not fit well and isn't too expensive for gym and work usage. I'm hoping this will be similar or better sounding than the bose soundsport wireless I have already.

Nov 23, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #2,238 of 62,483
Jabra.com had the 65ts for £130, so £20 cheaper than Amazon's discount. I paid £162 for mine a week ago.

On the upside my Senns shipped from Germany today, so hopefully will arrive Mon/Tue, and I can return the Jabras.

Nov 23, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #2,239 of 62,483
I received my MW07 today.. it really feels and sounds premium.. OMG the fins design is a pure genius. E8 has spoiled me with touch controls. I wish MW07 had touch controls.

I will be getting sennheiser delivered tomorrow. .Excited.

Nov 23, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #2,241 of 62,483
Nov 23, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #2,243 of 62,483
Yes, i forgot to add the quote to my previous post (corrected it now). For 33 euro it would have been a great deal.

My son got a set

Nov 23, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #2,245 of 62,483
My point of reference: I have been a fairly loyal B&O E8 user. Listening via an iPhone, so AAC, no AptX for me.

Tried the RHA TrueConnect - loved the sound, hated the ergonomics with a passion. And while others seem to love the case, I hated it -- it was heavy and over-engineered. RHA should have spent the money to make the RHA field upgradable. They should have spent the time to add sensors to know when the headphones have been removed from your ears. They should have thought through why triple tapping is the worst way to change volume. Wanted to love it - just couldn't.

And that takes us to today with the arrival of the Sennheiser Momentum True Wiireless (MTW). For those in the US, mine shipped from Sennheiser from Madison, WI and it arrived here in NYC via 3-day mail. The charging case is small. It's larger than the E8 case but still compact and light.The material will definitely not age well, but kudos for not over-engineering this into some heavy premium feeling object. Something small that I can shove in my pocket and won't weigh me down.

The earpieces - surprisingly light. They don't weigh down in your ear at all - and in fact, are light enough to forget they're there. This is a good thing. Sure it sticks out, noticeably so vs the E8, but it's extremely comfortable.

The sound - V-shaped is pretty much the best description so far, but with a really beautiful wide presentation. Definitely not for the bass seekers, but it's definitely there. A little big of sibilance on the highs, but I expect most of this to mellow out over the next few weeks. Switched to Comply tips after a few listens with the tips that came with it. Good news - the Comply tips don't interfere with putting the earpieces back in the case. I love the sound even more with the Comply tips - easily besting the E8. I may finally have the successor to the E8.

Still early in the game, but really like what I hear so far, and it seems like it's going to be easy to live with and use as long as you remember the left earpiece controls music.
DSC_0978.jpg

Nov 23, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #2,246 of 62,483
My point of reference: I have been a fairly loyal B&O E8 user. Listening via an iPhone, so AAC, no AptX for me.

Tried the RHA TrueConnect - loved the sound, hated the ergonomics with a passion. And while others seem to love the case, I hated it -- it was heavy and over-engineered. RHA should have spent the money to make the RHA field upgradable. They should have spent the time to add sensors to know when the headphones have been removed from your ears. They should have thought through why triple tapping is the worst way to change volume. Wanted to love it - just couldn't.

And that takes us to today with the arrival of the Sennheiser Momentum True Wiireless (MTW). For those in the US, mine shipped from Sennheiser from Madison, WI and it arrived here in NYC via 3-day mail. The charging case is small. It's larger than the E8 case but still compact and light.The material will definitely not age well, but kudos for not over-engineering this into some heavy premium feeling object. Something small that I can shove in my pocket and won't weigh me down.

The earpieces - surprisingly light. They don't weigh down in your ear at all - and in fact, are light enough to forget they're there. This is a good thing. Sure it sticks out, noticeably so vs the E8, but it's extremely comfortable.

The sound - V-shaped is pretty much the best description so far, but with a really beautiful wide presentation. Definitely not for the bass seekers, but it's definitely there. A little big of sibilance on the highs, but I expect most of this to mellow out over the next few weeks. Switched to Comply tips after a few listens with the tips that came with it. Good news - the Comply tips don't interfere with putting the earpieces back in the case. I love the sound even more with the Comply tips - easily besting the E8. I may finally have the successor to the E8.

Still early in the game, but really like what I hear so far, and it seems like it's going to be easy to live with and use as long as you remember the left earpiece controls music.

Which comply tips did you use if I may ask, and do they still fit in the case, or do you have to take the tips off? I only have the truly wireless comply tips in possession, and another set, which I can't find, plus some other aftermarkets, but curious to know what you used.

Thanks

Nov 23, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #2,247 of 62,483
Which comply tips did you use if I may ask, and do they still fit in the case, or do you have to take the tips off? I only have the truly wireless comply tips in possession, and another set, which I can't find, plus some other aftermarkets, but curious to know what you used.
The TX200 - same ones I use on the E8 work perfectly, and they fit perfectly in the case, allowing the earpieces to charge without a problem.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ODUEDO/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back