Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 20, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #2,101 of 62,069
Really long day for me today, tomorrow will be longer and start early too. So, I'll keep it short about my RHA TrueConnect, which arrived today. Battery lasted around 4 hours and 30 minutes using 60-75% volume. It sounds much better than the Sony WF-700N and the Samsung Gear IconX 2018. Build quality for both the headphones and case is superb.

Nov 21, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #2,103 of 62,069
Interesting seeing all the comments. From my perspective, the Jabras are way good enough, particularly at the cost. The SQ is really good (bass is surprisingly good - listening to Kravitz's 'Sister' that first bass note still kicks well enough, even with flat EQ), and the fit, features and general functionality is excellent. TBH, I thought about waiting for the Senns before ordering them, but a friend who I trust said the Jabras were excellent, so I thought I'd save £100.

The Gizmodo and Forbes review (despite taking them with a large pinch of salt), and my previous love of the IE80 sound just tipped me to pre-order the Sennheisers, because my focus is 75% sound, and 25% features. If the Senn call functionality and app are mediocre, but the SQ is really as good as the initial reviews imply, then they'll do me fine. That said, unless I'm blown away comparatively by the Senns, they'll go back and I'll stick with the 65Ts. Thankfully for me, being in the UK and having not got a return history with Amazon, I can very carefully try the Senns for 20 mins which will be enough to know which will be returned. That's what I love about Amazon Prime - they'll take the return, no questions asked. I suspect they make more money that way anyway, since a lot of people probably pull the trigger on stuff they wouldn't normally buy, and the small percentage of returns are sold easily through their used/refurb channel.

For the guy who worried about the Senns sticking out of his ears too much - I worried about that too, but then realised that my old IE80s looked huge (and before that I had the UE SuperFi V EBs which were enormous) so as long as they fit well and sound good, I couldn't give a toss what I look like. :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #2,105 of 62,069
BTW, I notice that using the link to the Senn manual, the Smart Control app doesn't appear to be available yet (http://www.sennheiser.com/device-control-app redirects, and there's no download link to Google Play etc). I was going to have a look and see what it offered.

For those getting their Senns today/tomorrow, is that a concern? :wink:

Maybe it comes with CD? :) jk

Nov 21, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #2,106 of 62,069
Anyone knows if this is the same Auvio that used to sell in Radioshack? https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/motion-plus-earbuds-perfect-fit-better-sound/x/19631720#/

I'm torn on pulling the plug on Havit G1Ws or waiting out a tad longer. The Havits have reportedly great sound and Qi charging, which is a dealbreaker for me, but the limited feature set and the bulky charging case is putting me off.
i am quite interested in this Auvio Motion Plus earbuds. Long hour, bluetooth 5.0, ip45, and support aptx for an affordable price.

Nov 21, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #2,107 of 62,069
Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #2,109 of 62,069
Nov 21, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #2,110 of 62,069
Looks like i might need to reconsider thes
i am quite interested in this Auvio Motion Plus earbuds. Long hour, bluetooth 5.0, ip45, and support aptx for an affordable price.

Ditto. The indiegogo price is very good for the features provided, but i have zero background on the company. See XFyro's Aria for a recent crowfunded TWS in-ears horror story.

I'd just kill for something like a Jabra Elite or Sennheiser TMW with Qi charging...

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #2,111 of 62,069
for those enquiring about alternative tips for Jabras, got this email from SpinFit

[

Stay tuned i guess

Thanks for sharing, something a bit "beefier" than the current stock silicones would definitely help !

A video review of the Senn MTW here :

They are indeed pretty massive !
In the thenextweb review they mention that the isolation is better with foam tips but they don't say which ones they used and that generally comes at the cost of (muffled) SQ. Only silicone tips in the box according to the Senn website.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #2,114 of 62,069
Do the sennheiser really have no fast charge option?

Someone above mentioned 1h to 50% battery? That seems like too long and only two charges on the case + no battery indication on the case itself.

These "reviews" (hands on) don't seem to be actually testing the battery life.

One also said they're not very loud.

Fingers crossed battery life is > 3h 30m at a loud volume and the charge time to 50% is 30 minutes....

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #2,115 of 62,069
How'd you grab. Website says sold out?

That's what it says when you can't order online and it's in store only. At least usually. We'll see what happens when I get there.

Considering they literally got released in store this morning I don't think they sold out lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back