Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 17, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #1,951 of 62,436
I've had that last problem before with different sets and phones. Think it's just a Bluetooth quirk.

Nov 17, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #1,952 of 62,436
Had a chance to audition the Sennheiser Momentum TW today at a local audio exhibition.

Overall, quite a pleasant surprise. Fit felt secure and comfy. They stick out a bit more than the Earin M-2, but didn't make me look like a dork.

I had only about 15 minutes, not enough to test battery life, but enough to get a fairly good sound impression. Tonal signature was a bit v-shaped, with slightly emphasized bass, but not bloated like the Senn IE8/80. Bassheads need not apply. Pretty good mids presence and vocal timbre. Treble seemed a little uneven and sharp at times, but mostly free of sibilance. Foam tips might help to tame these further, but I had only silicone tips to try. The Senn rep also told me that the app includes an EQ.

Max volume was easily loud enough for my needs. Bottom line, like I said, overall a pleasant surprise, little to find fault with, actually.

Nov 17, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #1,953 of 62,436
Had a chance to audition the Sennheiser Momentum TW today at a local audio exhibition.

Overall, quite a pleasant surprise. Fit felt secure and comfy. They stick out a bit more than the Earin M-2, but didn't make me look like a dork.

I had only about 15 minutes, not enough to test battery life, but enough to get a fairly good sound impression. Tonal signature was a bit v-shaped, with slightly emphasized bass, but not bloated like the Senn IE8/80. Bassheads need not apply. Pretty good mids presence and vocal timbre. Treble seemed a little uneven and sharp at times, but mostly free of sibilance. Foam tips might help to tame these further, but I had only silicone tips to try. The Senn rep also told me that the app includes an EQ.

Max volume was easily loud enough for my needs. Bottom line, like I said, overall a pleasant surprise, little to find fault with, actually.

That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing. I am really leaning towards the Senn's at the moment, given how some ATH reviews have said they are too bright. I am inclined to a v-shape tonal signature. Where was this audio exhibition at? I just need to get my hands on one soon! Will still buy the ATH's for sake of comparison.

Nov 17, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #1,954 of 62,436
Had a chance to audition the Sennheiser Momentum TW today at a local audio exhibition. Tonal signature was a bit v-shaped, with slightly emphasized bass, but not bloated like the Senn IE8/80. Bassheads need not apply.

That's good to know. I'm replacing my lost (boo hoo) IE80s with some Jabra Elite Active 65Ts (which arrive Monday), because I didn't want to have to wait a month, and also didn't feel able to justify a £100 premium for marginal SQ gain. I'll see what the 65Ts are like though, and wait to hear reports of the functionality, fit, battery life and features of the Senns - could always swap them if they're really rated.

Nov 17, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #1,955 of 62,436
Switched to my Jabra 65s after using the mw07 last night on a flight. Wow the difference in sq is palpable. Hard to adjust to the 65s after the mw07 slight hiss or not.

Nov 17, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #1,956 of 62,436

Do they isolate well enough for a commute or gym session with loud background music? They so look on the bigger side so hopefully weight won't be an issue

It looks like my local store has them as a pre-order so hopefully when they are in stock they let me have a little before buying.

Nov 17, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #1,958 of 62,436
That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing. I am really leaning towards the Senn's at the moment, given how some ATH reviews have said they are too bright. I am inclined to a v-shape tonal signature. Where was this audio exhibition at? I just need to get my hands on one soon! Will still buy the ATH's for sake of comparison.

The exhibition was "Klangbilder" in Vienna, Austria. It's open until tomorrow, so those nearby can still go and try them at the Sennheiser booth.

Do they isolate well enough for a commute or gym session with loud background music? They so look on the bigger side so hopefully weight won't be an issue

It looks like my local store has them as a pre-order so hopefully when they are in stock they let me have a little before buying.

I'd say Isolation is typical DD. With larger ears like mine, the housing fits the concha and adds to isolation. With smaller ears, they may stick out more and isolate a little less.

Nov 17, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #1,960 of 62,436
Looking forward to impressions on the Senns. I was getting a bunch of warning beeps on the MW07 two hours into a workout and that's... not exactly optimal.

Nov 17, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #1,961 of 62,436
Looking forward to impressions on the Senns. I was getting a bunch of warning beeps on the MW07 two hours into a workout and that's... not exactly optimal.

This is exactly my experience too. Most times 2 hours is fine for me but that’s a whole lot less than 3.5...

It seems the senns are shipping next week. Audio46 says Wednesday.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #1,962 of 62,436
This is exactly my experience too. Most times 2 hours is fine for me but that’s a whole lot less than 3.5...

It seems the senns are shipping next week. Audio46 says Wednesday.

Yeah. If they could get even a solid 3 I'd be a-okay because I'm usually out of the gym after 2 and some change. I just need them to last a full workout. To be tapping out after 2 is a problem. I'll hold onto them until Best Buy gets the Senns in so I can do an exchange, depending on how reviews are for them.

Nov 17, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #1,964 of 62,436
I love the mw07's the battery is a big bummer though, I'm getting the same issue where at full volume it runs out in about an hour and half to two hours, not good at all frankly for my commute. I thought 3.5 hours would be fine, but less than that and it's a deal breaker which this is, I'm returning them to the store tomorrow for a full refund.

Guess all that's left is the sennheiser, or the ath, if they're any good, and by the reviews on amazon.jp they aren't. Ugh. Why so many compromises...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back