Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 7, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #1,636 of 62,436
Hello
I am new on the forum but went by at least 10 pages of this thread to have some infos
Today I saw the new RHA trueconnect on amazon, any idea about them ??
Reviews are scarce at the moment. In typical RHA fashion, they released a few, sold out, and it's been almost a month and they are still not available. This happened with the MA750 wireless as well. Almost seems like they do it on purpose. Edit: it's also strange that no commercial reviews are available. I wonder what typo of embargo RHA requires.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #1,637 of 62,436
Sent back my Jabra Elite Actives today, and I've got a set of Samsung Gear Icon X coming. Looking for something with great call quality, and I saw a review that touted its calling microphones. So, we'll see. If these don't hit the mark, I'll probably just go back to the Bragi Headphone, or pick up a cheap pair of anker liberty elites or something and just not worry about the calling feature. Thanks for all the info everyone, this is really helpful!

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #1,639 of 62,436
No transparency mode ? Hum...

Wonder how much of an original design this is...

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #1,640 of 62,436
Nov 7, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #1,642 of 62,436

What's the general thought on soundguys reviews? I've thought in the past that they were generally solid, but their review on the E8 seemed so far off the mark it was crazy. They dinged it for weird stuff like a "huge logo" (a complaint that takes up almost 30 seconds of their 7 minute-video), being listed as having "water resistance" but not "sweat resistance" (without doing anything to check on that). Then they said it had no bass and too detailed treble, autoconnect issues, and "the longest bluetooth delay of any wireless earbuds". On the plus side, they said it had great battery life compared to other wireless IEMs and they loved how well the touch controls worked. https://www.soundguys.com/bang-and-olufsen-beoplay-e8-review-18958/

All of that is pretty-much diametrically opposed to every other review, professional or otherwise, that I've seen on the E8.

Then on the comments to their video review they got a little testy about some of the responses that pointed out those issues.

See, for example, their response on the comments by "Le John."

Now their review of the RHAs says things like "This is by far and away the most handsome true wireless charging case" despite the existence of the MW08, or the E8, or the Earins, etc. Reading the whole thing, it's inconsistent at best.

Nov 7, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #1,643 of 62,436
What's the general thought on soundguys reviews? I've thought in the past that they were generally solid, but their review on the E8 seemed so far off the mark it was crazy. They dinged it for weird stuff like a "huge logo" (a complaint that takes up almost 30 seconds of their 7 minute-video), being listed as having "water resistance" but not "sweat resistance" (without doing anything to check on that). Then they said it had no bass and too detailed treble, autoconnect issues, and "the longest bluetooth delay of any wireless earbuds". On the plus side, they said it had great battery life compared to other wireless IEMs and they loved how well the touch controls worked. https://www.soundguys.com/bang-and-olufsen-beoplay-e8-review-18958/

All of that is pretty-much diametrically opposed to every other review, professional or otherwise, that I've seen on the E8.

Then on the comments to their video review they got a little testy about some of the responses that pointed out those issues.

Now their review of the RHAs says things like "This is by far and away the most handsome true wireless charging case" despite the existence of the MW08, or the E8, or the Earins, etc. Reading the whole thing, it's inconsistent at best.

Soundguys is just okay. I enjoy reading the reviews but find they don't focus enough on SQ for me which is always #1 most important. As I mentioned above, by comparing the RHA to the airpods, they haven't really offered me anything. I understand that airpods are a decent product, but they are long in the tooth and have been surpassed in the market for quite some time. At least tell me how the RHA compares to the Jabra which is the current benchmark.

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #1,645 of 62,436
Soundguys is just okay. I enjoy reading the reviews but find they don't focus enough on SQ for me which is always #1 most important. As I mentioned above, by comparing the RHA to the airpods, they haven't really offered me anything. I understand that airpods are a decent product, but they are long in the tooth and have been surpassed in the market for quite some time. At least tell me how the RHA compares to the Jabra which is the current benchmark.
Some claimed RHA sounded better than B&O E8 and 65t on Amazon uk. It's not substantial but still something at this moment.

Nov 7, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #1,646 of 62,436
I have pre-ordered the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless, they say mid-November but I wish the date was more accurate.

I'm not a fan of when companies announce consumer tech products and make you wait more than 2 months before they're available to buy. I'm hoping to receive them by Friday the 16th next week.

I'm really looking forward to receiving them since Sennheiser make the most comfortable in ears (in my opinion). Perfect for the gym and I'm guessing they will outperform all other "true wireless buds".

Nov 8, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #1,648 of 62,436
Nov 8, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #1,649 of 62,436
I'm not a fan of when companies announce consumer tech products and make you wait more than 2 months before they're available to buy. I'm hoping to receive them by Friday the 16th next week.

Yeah and I'm tired of movies showing "trailers" and crap when I can't go see them! No one should ever announce anything until it's already released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back