Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 18, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #1,322 of 63,207
Have you been able to compare them to something like the 65t or e8?

Sorry, no. I had a cheap Chinese pair and never received a Kickstarter TWS. So, these are my first real pair. I like the small size and the storage unit. Metal and very sleek. Sound wise, they feel neutral in my ears. There’s no left or right. They connect individually to the phone, so you see two units. They are touch sensitive to start/stop, skip track forward or back. No direct sound control.

They offer the 14 day free returns. So, worth a try if they’re something that might interest you. They’re owned by Will.I.am’s company, but are a Swedish company on its second version, the M-2s.

Oct 18, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #1,323 of 63,207
Sorry, no. I had a cheap Chinese pair and never received a Kickstarter TWS. So, these are my first real pair. I like the small size and the storage unit. Metal and very sleek. Sound wise, they feel neutral in my ears. There’s no left or right. They connect individually to the phone, so you see two units. They are touch sensitive to start/stop, skip track forward or back. No direct sound control.

They offer the 14 day free returns. So, worth a try if they’re something that might interest you. They’re owned by Will.I.am’s company, but are a Swedish company on its second version, the M-2s.

Don't really know this company so not sure how they are on returns, will they try get out of it etc....
Might wait and see if more reviews pop up, for the money i can get 65ts

So far reading that 4 hours is a huge overestimate for battery and sound is just ok,

Oct 18, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #1,324 of 63,207
Nice discount on the Earin M-2, brings them down to 199€

the noise cancelling works imo, I tested it in car with engine noise and ac on full blast, not as good as the sony wh1000x m2 which I also have, but not bad at all, I like it. they sound sweet better in my opinion than a lot of the truewireless on the market now, that why I keep buying them, its just battery sucks bad at 3 hours or less.

Interesting thanks, is that for both the 700 and the 1000 ?
Rtings say that even with ANC On (practically no difference on the 700) they aren't as good as the Jabra 65T that are passive only of course : https://www.rtings.com/headphones/t...ra-elite-65t/562/612#usage*5003!threshold*0.1

Oct 18, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #1,325 of 63,207
I am not sure how they got that, I know with my use I can hear noise cancelling working well on both, I tested it in car with ac full blast and at work with a scanner, it cancels those mid to low frequency droning sounds, higher pitched, quick sounds not so much. I believe the the 700 and 1000 are the same electronics internally just different style shells, case and water proofing for 700. I kind of like the 1000 because the buds are smaller, and case is better not so flismy. I love my Jabras 65t and elite sport they sound great to me, nice bass, loud, good separation, but I think the sonys sound just a little nicer, smoother, cleaner, don't get as loud and battery is bad though. I like rotating my buds, I like using different sound sigs.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #1,326 of 63,207
Good to hear! Yes you have to wonder how they make sure the seal is optimized without someone "behind" the ears :wink:

As for ANC on IEMs with good passive isolation like the Jabras (do you agree with them that the Sonys are weaker in that area? ) I'm not sure if it would add a lot, especially if you're listening to music. Maybe if you're in a car?

Oct 18, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #1,327 of 63,207
Good to hear! Yes you have to wonder how they make sure the seal is optimized without someone "behind" the ears :wink:

As for ANC on IEMs with good passive isolation like the Jabras (do you agree with them that the Sonys are weaker in that area? ) I'm not sure if it would add a lot, especially if you're listening to music. Maybe if you're in a car?
I haven't heard the Jabras but the ANC on the sony is noticeable. This isn't QC35 level ANC but it definitely helps. I use them in the gym and my basement exercise room. In the gym, it definitely kills the background music and in my basement, where I run a fan, it drowns the fan out completely. It allows me to listen at much lower volume levels. The Sony have a little bit of any open-ish design. You don't jam them in like the Jabras. This is a plus for me and those who don't like the clogged feeling of IEMs. I certainly recommend them if you can live with the form factor which doesn't really bother me.

Oct 18, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #1,328 of 63,207
The included tips for the sonys give a seal but not perfect, I had to use some other spare silicon tips i had to get a much better seal with better isolation, so anc works really well. same goes for the Jabra elite sport the included tips did not work for me to get a perfect seal, I used some other tips I had now I have perfect seal with great isolation, and great bass. the 65t active tips work fine for me no complaints. I just A/B'ed tested my jabras and the sonys, the Jabra get louder have more authorative bass, but the sonys are smoother, nicer, cleaner, more separated wider deeper, sound stage. I really like the sonys sound, if they only added volume controls, and bigger battery, with more charges in case, slightly louder voume this would be the head phone to beat, so close sony. sony are pros at head phones, cant wait to see what they do next generation hopefully they will have ldac by then.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #1,329 of 63,207
I'm leaning on WF 1000X, but then SP900 got announced, being able to hear music while swimming is quite tempting for me. .
But even then it's still not released yet, better wait for wf1000M2 and see whether that'd have a good update

For now, I'm satisfied with my Fiio BTR3, making all my gear wireless :wink:

Oct 18, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #1,330 of 63,207
Yep always something to look forward to :wink:

@clerkpalmer and david8613 - thanks for the feedback on the Sony TWE's, I'd definitely like to try ANC on an IEM that provides good passive isolation:wink: I never seem to be able to get a perfect seal with silicone tips (well I seem to remember that I did with the Sony XBA4's in a static position but I've sold them since as they "hurt" my ears !). What makes it more difficult with the TWEs, at least the Jabras, is that the tip has to be short enough so you can leave it on when recharging them in the box. I find the JES L size foam tips work well for me and give great sound but running with them is terrible due to the "thud" they create. With the L size SIlicone tips I get practically no bass. Actually I think I'm going to give up trying to run with IEMs that seal the ear canal, for a start it's not terribly safe, and the "thud" pretty much defeats the purpose of getting a good bassy sound in the first place. I'll go back to running with my pretty much "open" Plantronics BackBeat Fit and won't have to worry about sweat getting to them.

I bumped across a great deal on the 65t Elite (non-active) and couldn't help myself so I'll soon have something to compare the JES to !

Oct 18, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #1,331 of 63,207
After living with the mw07 for a few days I’ve decided I don’t like them, at least I greatly prefer the beoplay e8s. With acoustic music the mw07 sound best but with a lot of other music they sound uneven. The bass over powers the mids; the highs are often too bright. They are just too uneven for me. They also desperately need foam tips for better/stronger fit.

Oct 19, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #1,332 of 63,207
So so so, I'm looking for a gift a fully wireless iem, without the cable to one iem to the other, there is something around 50 dollars that has a good sound quality or it is better a good detachable cable iem around that price and a simple 6 dollars Bluetooth transmitter?

Anyone can tell me if under the budget of 50 dollars the sound quality of a true wireless is far or not to a good iem in the same price range?

Oct 19, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #1,333 of 63,207
Not that I know, as with many things you get what you pay for...see one of my posts above about the Vigorun, it looked good initially but it has too many shortcomings in the end compared to Jabra class TWS solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back