Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 24, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #721 of 62,437
This question is for owners of the jabra elite 65t active. From what I understand the 65t active are supposed to be excellent for phone calls, but lately when I go to places like walmart and best buy where there is alot of back round noise and i am talking with my brother on the phone he tells me i am super loud and the back round noises are also super loud to the point he cannot listen to me via his handset an apple iphone its painful, he has to put me on speaker to avoid hurting his ears. This happened more than once with the jabra 65t active. He never complained when I used my samsung iconx 2018 nor my jabra elite sport, gonna test again to see. My phone is a samsung note 8. Anyone experience this?

Jun 24, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #723 of 62,437
I didn't try them but be aware that 65t charge case has pretty shallow wells where to sink earbuds. That's why Jabras use short eartips heads. I tried few pretty standard tips from my other buds, all of them taller than stock, and none of them will allow case lid to close. Though by the looks, these Complys may fit, but not sure.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #724 of 62,437
Just yesterday bought the bose free
First impressions
a little big but a good grip
sound very nice i might say
good tught bass
ambient sound i can hear (not so bad for me )
as for the sound delay on a video and the lip synchronization as far 2 videos on you tube i watched i didnt see a problem
the soynd is synchronized with the lips until now ( i didnt watch a movie on netflix or somewhere else to try it just 2 video reviews on youtube
Now i have them downloading the new firmware which they say solves the problem with sound delay, a problem that i dont have and hope stays like this with th new firmware
i was between the bose and the beoplay e8 and decided to go to bose
Here in europe bose 199 euro e8 300 euro

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #725 of 62,437
This question is for owners of the jabra elite 65t active. From what I understand the 65t active are supposed to be excellent for phone calls, but lately when I go to places like walmart and best buy where there is alot of back round noise and i am talking with my brother on the phone he tells me i am super loud and the back round noises are also super loud to the point he cannot listen to me via his handset an apple iphone its painful, he has to put me on speaker to avoid hurting his ears. This happened more than once with the jabra 65t active. He never complained when I used my samsung iconx 2018 nor my jabra elite sport, gonna test again to see. My phone is a samsung note 8. Anyone experience this?

I haven’t had that complaint. Can’t your brother turn the volume down on his side?

Jun 26, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #726 of 62,437
You can test how you sound by calling your own cell phone, with your own cell phone of course, and changing your VM greeting. Don't save it, obviously, just review how it sounds then exit out. It'll give you a good reference of how you sound when you're on the phone. Testing the mic out using the voice recorder on your phone is NOT the same thing, as it does not use the same Bluetooth profile.

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #728 of 62,437
a short update on my new bose
on my first short 3 km jogging with my brand new bose i didnt have any disconnection of the left earbud
when i got home and did the first full charge the bose app also installed the latest update
This morning on my daily jogging i started to have short disc of the left earbud for about 1-2 sec each
more than 15 times
When i got home i did clear the conection from the bose and did unpair it from my galaxy s9 and pair it again
Thought it was a good idea after the firmware upgrade
So i just came back from my evening jogging and i report that i did not had one single disc of the left earbud
A rock solid connection on my 30 minute jogging
Of course i will see to it again but i hope that the problem is solved

Jun 27, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #729 of 62,437
I bought the Sony MUC-M2BT1. Sound quality is amazing. It's not a style everybody ascribes to (neckband style) but paired with my v30 (oreo) via LDAC with Optimized connection (developer options), sounds amazing. Before, wired and wireless sound quality difference was a chasm. Now, I could honestly say it has not. Only when you intimately know your iem and the song from the source will you notice that certain dynamic range elements missing. I use CA comet and Primo 8 on it and they're amazing. I also have the MyManu Clik+ which is dual balanced armature with apt-x truly wireless. I'm an early backer on kickstarter and received them end of May. They're my exercise buds. They still cut out, but it's not as blatant as the bragi dash which I also have via kickstarter (and completely forgot about after receiving these). Truly wireless is still imperfect, but bluetooth 5.0 and other innovations will make late 2018 and 2019 promising for wireless audio.

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #730 of 62,437
Got the Sony WF1000x they sound really good actually amazed how good they sound. My only gripe albeit a small one is that they don't go real loud. The max volume is definitely acceptable but knowing it can't go more is the gripe.

Jul 2, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #731 of 62,437
you have to check sonys app. there is another volume adjustment in there if I remember correctly when I had them. that should fix your problem.

Jul 2, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #732 of 62,437
you have to check sonys app. there is another volume adjustment in there if I remember correctly when I had them. that should fix your problem.
That one is up all the way too. It is plenty loud for when needed just thought it would go louder. If I need more juice I can listen to my WH1000XM2 which is more then enough.
I see you have the Jabra sport, I want those as well for working out and or outside. How are you liking them so far?

Jul 2, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #734 of 62,437
Jabra elite sports are great they are in my daily rotation with my Samsung incox 2018, Jabra elite 65t active.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back