Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 4, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #556 of 62,443
I use the comply wireless tips with my Samsung iconx 2018 I have not tried with the Jabras yet. they are ok but some reason I like silicon better.

I read somewhere that when you put on comply tips, the Jabras won’t fit into the charging unit correctly.

May 4, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #557 of 62,443
I read somewhere that when you put on comply tips, the Jabras won’t fit into the charging unit correctly.
when you use Comply wireless line, they fit but as stated above, it's not a great fit.
If anyone's curious, you can also use the ones with big diameter (T600?) from Comply as well, but they are not that secure since you're just fitting it by using the lower part of the nozzle to keep the tips on (I always rotate the earpiece while taking them out to prevent the tips from being stuck inside ear).
Even though it never fall out on me using these kind of tips and provide better isolation in my case, but they're not perfect.
I will post a pic when I get home for anyone that wanna give it a try.

May 6, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #558 of 62,443
Guys
Very good discussion. Lots to learn. Thank you for all the shared info.

If your #1 criteria to select your headphone was "background sound isolating microphones", so you sound great when on the phone in a noisy environment, which one would you pick?

Has to be the Sony WH 1000x.

May 7, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #559 of 62,443
I haven't tried the comply on the on my Jabra elites only on my Samsung iconx 2018. I have some big/large silicones tips on the Jabra elites and the case closes just fine, I don't see why it would cause an issue since the complys are smaller.

May 8, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #560 of 62,443
Guys
Very good discussion. Lots to learn. Thank you for all the shared info.

If your #1 criteria to select your headphone was "background sound isolating microphones", so you sound great when on the phone in a noisy environment, which one would you pick?

This might sound like Heresy in this thread but noise cancellation was really important to me as well because of tube travel in london and many flights a year. I’ve pretty much tried every truley wireless headset out there including the Sony’s and have been using the Jabra’s for the past 3 months. I eventually broke and bought the Bose QC30’s. Although not completely wireless as they have a neck band, they have incredible ANC and really do cancel out so much noise. They also sound better than any of the other earphones. The microphone is useless though. I think for the moment I will have to use both the Bose and Jabras until somome perfects the truley wireless earbud.

May 8, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #561 of 62,443
I agree, if you get a nice seal these are really good at noise cancellation, I tested this with ac running in car and high reving my engine, and it worked great and sounded wonderful, I really wanted to keep them, but I did not like the short battery life on the sony wf 1000x.

May 10, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #562 of 62,443
this is pretty cool

May 10, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #563 of 62,443
I’m very interested. Jabra 65t vs Elite sport vs Bose Soundsport Free comparison will be ideal if anyone has all three.

I’m fairly satisfied with the Elite Soort and I like the sport app and the heart rate monitor.

A few reviews mention some connectivity blips with the 65t which I was surprise to see since the Jabra Elite Sport has bulletproof connection based on my personal experience.

More impressions will be great.
Seems like Jabra has come up with a very solid product.

Currently trying on all 3 of them. Wifey bought me Bose as bday gift, and then I wanted to try Jabra as well since they were spoken highly of by all sorts of reviews. Obviously the 2 brands design their earbud very differently, i.e. in ear or not. Sound quality Bose is unbeatable, even with its semi-open design. Both Jabras are not bad, but it requires proper seal, especially the Elite Sport. If you didn't get it right, Elite Sport will sound like no bass at all. Fit wise, I also like Bose a lot, since it doesn't jam into your ear canal and the signature HearStay ear pin really works well holding onto your ear. I personally don't prefer the way Jabra fits, neither the 65T nor the Elite Sport. 65T is a bit more comfortable but it feels less secure compared to Elite Sport, which has an ear pin as well that helps sticking in your ears, but as time goes by it definitely irritates. Jabras are not unacceptable to me in terms of fit and comfort, but just not as ideal when you compare them with Bose...

Lastly, V/C sync. I don't know why a lot other ppl say Jabras don't have the issue. They do, just like Bose. The lag only occurs with Youtube (or Instagram), on both my iPhone X and MacBook, not on Netflix or Amazon Prime, not even my Xfinity streaming app. Some earlier speculations suggested the reason being local stored vs. streaming video, which is clearly not the case now. I am guessing it really depends on how the manufacturing design their firmwares to fit different softwares/apps. Bose work perfectly fine with Netflix, which I spend most time on. It's actually even better than at least the Elite Sport, which on Netflix I can still feel a tiny bit of lag. So again it really comes down to how the manufacturing tailor the products to tackle this inevitable issue with true wireless headphones.

Oh one more thing, Jabras have a very strict distance limit between the 2 earbuds, which means you won't be able to share one bud with someone else to listen to music. Once you pull one out of your ear, it mutes. But with Bose I can actually share one bud with the wifey while we run outside together. I guess that's not a big deal for most ppl, but it does for me.

So I guess I'll keep the Bose. Having had the QC35 and a mini sound box in the past, I trust Bose will hold up to its quality and reputation, despite the spreading complaints and negatives out there for this Soundsport Free.

May 10, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #564 of 62,443
My right Bose SSF died on me a couple of days ago. on the downside, I had several pairs of regular soundsports crap out on me. I always assumed it was sweat. I was happy with the SSF because the sealed design appears more sweat resistant (the open USB port on the regular soundsports are the weak link). No idea why it died but it stopped taking a charge and turning on all of a sudden. On the plus side, Bose customer service is excellent. 5 minutes on the phone and an RMA was arranged. I don't like that there is no charge-send option with bose and you have to send them back to them first, but the process is simple as I've done it many times. Takes about 10 days. Having not had them and using my PSB TW1's, I've grown to miss the fit of the Bose as well as the multi-point BT connection. I can easily pair and repair the Bose to multiple devices. The PSB not so much. I don't dare disconnect them from my phone because the pairing process sucks so bad.

May 10, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #565 of 62,443
Currently trying on all 3 of them. Wifey bought me Bose as bday gift, and then I wanted to try Jabra as well since they were spoken highly of by all sorts of reviews. Obviously the 2 brands design their earbud very differently, i.e. in ear or not. Sound quality Bose is unbeatable, even with its semi-open design. Both Jabras are not bad, but it requires proper seal, especially the Elite Sport. If you didn't get it right, Elite Sport will sound like no bass at all. Fit wise, I also like Bose a lot, since it doesn't jam into your ear canal and the signature HearStay ear pin really works well holding onto your ear. I personally don't prefer the way Jabra fits, neither the 65T nor the Elite Sport. 65T is a bit more comfortable but it feels less secure compared to Elite Sport, which has an ear pin as well that helps sticking in your ears, but as time goes by it definitely irritates. Jabras are not unacceptable to me in terms of fit and comfort, but just not as ideal when you compare them with Bose...

Lastly, V/C sync. I don't know why a lot other ppl say Jabras don't have the issue. They do, just like Bose. The lag only occurs with Youtube (or Instagram), on both my iPhone X and MacBook, not on Netflix or Amazon Prime, not even my Xfinity streaming app. Some earlier speculations suggested the reason being local stored vs. streaming video, which is clearly not the case now. I am guessing it really depends on how the manufacturing design their firmwares to fit different softwares/apps. Bose work perfectly fine with Netflix, which I spend most time on. It's actually even better than at least the Elite Sport, which on Netflix I can still feel a tiny bit of lag. So again it really comes down to how the manufacturing tailor the products to tackle this inevitable issue with true wireless headphones.

Oh one more thing, Jabras have a very strict distance limit between the 2 earbuds, which means you won't be able to share one bud with someone else to listen to music. Once you pull one out of your ear, it mutes. But with Bose I can actually share one bud with the wifey while we run outside together. I guess that's not a big deal for most ppl, but it does for me.

So I guess I'll keep the Bose. Having had the QC35 and a mini sound box in the past, I trust Bose will hold up to its quality and reputation, despite the spreading complaints and negatives out there for this Soundsport Free.

Thanks!

Currently using the Jabra Elite Sport. I had too many challenges with the Bose Soundsport Free.
The Jabra fit works better for me and doesn’t stick out which makes it also more presentable at work.

May 10, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #566 of 62,443
Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know if there are replacement silicone tips for the Jabra 65t? The ones supplied are flimsy and I can't get a good seal on one ear. All my spare tips don't fit because they are just slightly too big (they stay in my ear when I pull out the earpiece).
I asked Jabra and they said there are no aftermarket tips that will fit, but I don't know if they really know.

May 11, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #568 of 62,443
Does it also seal well for you? Better than the Bose?

The Bose fit was alright but the weight of the buds was a bit annoying.

The Jabra Elite fit me much better with the L side tips or 3rd party tips.
With the Elite Sport it’s important to follow the instructions when it comes to fit.
Initially I didn’t and was twisting the bud to the wrong direction which caused a poor fit and discomfort.

May 11, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #569 of 62,443
this is pretty cool

Does anyone know if the EQ on the Jabra app could make up for its lack in sub-bass?

Right now, I'm waiting for the Elite Active 65t and I listen to sub-bass heavy music like hip-hop and rap music but continuous battery life is important to me. Anyone have any other suggestions if the Jabra don't satisfy my sound preferences?

May 11, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #570 of 62,443
Does anyone know if the EQ on the Jabra app could make up for its lack in sub-bass?

Right now, I'm waiting for the Elite Active 65t and I listen to sub-bass heavy music like hip-hop and rap music but continuous battery life is important to me. Anyone have any other suggestions if the Jabra don't satisfy my sound preferences?

I have the Jabra Elite Sport and it has a huge bass, more than I’m used to.
It doesn’t bleed to to the mids or highs tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back