Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 15, 2019 at 7:52 PM Post #13,471 of 62,460
I don’t get the lack of talk about the Powerbeats Pro in this thread. I picked up a pair this morning and have been thoroughly impressed with them so far. I have been a huge Beats detractor for the last decade, to the point where I’m now catching ribbing from my wife for enjoying these.

I recently auditioned them (and talked about it here) and yes, they sound impressive ... someone else also posted that some sellers in the US have them for 199$ atm... so, there is talk about them :wink:

i might get them some day of I find em cheaper, but as for big ticket item, I am saving up for the Bose ANC

Oct 15, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #13,472 of 62,460
Hello everyone...

My head is pounding, im a little lost with what to buy.

I've read 100s of pages on here and I appreciate everyone's contributions.

I'm primary using the headphones for Music, however videos too with my pixel 3. So I'm a little concerned with lag

Tranya T3
Kissral R18/Anbes 359/SSK

both well regarded but I can't see any UK sellers, and no aptx which I would like ideally.

M Pow T5/M5 are currently £29.99 on amazon and in thinking I can return if I'm not happy.

Others i am nterested in...

Tronsmart Spunky beats (who thought that was a good name) have my attention with graphene coated drivers, however I can't find any reviews. They are a similar price

TRN T200 look interesting has anyone received a pair yet?

Do you think I'm missing anything? I'm looking for around 50 dollar budget

Ideally I like a clear sound with a decent soundstage, decent volume. Bass is always good but I don't want to over power the mids and highs completely

I have my popcorn ready for the replies

It looks like you did your homework research wise ... not much I can add, maybe look also into the Ytom / Wafefun, that's 'cheap' APTX too

Personally I can't say much about video lag, as I only watch stuff on phone from VLC and never encountered any lag issues there ... YT has just become too full of ads, and hulu / netflix don't apply to me.
In case you have not checked reviewsite scarbir.com, he also tests for lag.

But since you are here and about to get sucked in, you will probably end up with more than one set of TWS :D
Doing the amazon order - and return when dislike thing is a common practice, if one has access to amazon

Oct 15, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #13,473 of 62,460
T

That is interesting, because I don't think they are very good for calls at all. My voice sounded far away to everyone I spoke too, the noise canceling was excellent, but I also noticed that they didn't sound as good on calls as some of the other TWS' I have. I too am struggling with the dip. I really need the L2pro to have some type of eq that sound good, but has more mid range. the hardware is excellent, but the EQ needs some work.

Hmmm, my experiment was to use them to leave myself voicemails in the windy dog park - and it did better than some of my other TWS (I have not had the Jabra though). My voice was clear on the VM - and while they didn't sound the best ever - I could hear the caller on the other end well too. I may not have tried them enough (with enough people on the other end of the line) to really have put them through their paces. I wouldn't have sent them back because of call quality in this case, though.

I don’t get the lack of talk about the Powerbeats Pro in this thread. I picked up a pair this morning and have been thoroughly impressed with them so far. I have been a huge Beats detractor for the last decade, to the point where I’m now catching ribbing from my wife for enjoying these.

Ahmen brother. Love mine. Biggest reason is the price.

I'm still intrigued by them - but am trying to wait to see the MW07+ and was scared off a bit by tales of connection issues. Have you two had good connection quality so far re: phone positioning and cutouts? I hate to ask it - but how are they for call quality?

Thanks!

Oct 15, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #13,474 of 62,460
I'm still intrigued by them - but am trying to wait to see the MW07+ and was scared off a bit by tales of connection issues. Have you two had good connection quality so far re: phone positioning and cutouts? I hate to ask it - but how are they for call quality?

Thanks!

I’ve probably put 5-6hrs into them on my iPhone XS Max without a single dropout. Phone has only been on my desk though, I’ll report back after I go for a run with them tomorrow. I did leave my probe on my desk and run upstairs, about 20ft through walls. No issue. I took a single call earlier and didn’t notice it one way or another, I guess that would make it decent.

Oct 15, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #13,476 of 62,460
i'm still waiting for tws that so small that looks like a bullet haha

there's the Earin M2 that is small enough, and for something more inexpensive there's the Tiso TWS

Oct 16, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #13,477 of 62,460
Got the Liberty 2 Pros Sunday night — and yes, there is a lot of white noise. I can’t tell if the white noise continues while content is playing — but if it is I have to believe it’s slightly degrading the sound quality. In any event, it’s annoying, and I hope they can fix it with a firmware update.

As to the sound quality, it’s really spectacular (even considering whatever the impact of the white noise might be). They really do sound better to me than even the Sennheiser MTW or the Sony WF-1000XM3.
Yep, the white noise is there when music is playing. I'm hoping they release a firmware update to fix it, although I really don't notice because type of the music I listen to (all 80s, all the time).

As far as the mic, I took a few calls and everyone said I sounded fine. I may have to call myself to test it out, given there's some mixed feedback. :xf_eek:

So far, really enjoying the SQ on these via aptX streaming from Amazon Music HD.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #13,478 of 62,460
It looks like you did your homework research wise ... not much I can add, maybe look also into the Ytom / Wafefun, that's 'cheap' APTX too

Personally I can't say much about video lag, as I only watch stuff on phone from VLC and never encountered any lag issues there ... YT has just become too full of ads, and hulu / netflix don't apply to me.
In case you have not checked reviewsite scarbir.com, he also tests for lag.

But since you are here and about to get sucked in, you will probably end up with more than one set of TWS :D
Doing the amazon order - and return when dislike thing is a common practice, if one has access to amazon

Yeah thanks for the reply, it seems the ones with bigger sound stages don't have apt x

I ordered the M Pow last night, what is handy is my wife is after a pair too, so that's a least 2 pairs :smile_phones:

I could stretch to £100ish if there is a big jump. The melomanias seem to have decent reviews, just the design is BEEPing BEEEP

I am a little dubious about the Tevi reviews and again the design doesn't look too good.

However both can be ordered and returned easily in the UK, so I may dive in. I don't want to spend too much on Ali X etc for return issues

I have had a look at scarbir.com, good info. Across the internet, the frustrating thing when reading reviews is the lack of equipment used.

Also what did you test? Android/iPhone Netflix's, you tube, locally stored file etc for latency issues.

Same for tunes, a decent high end file etc

However I am the saddo that likes all the info.

Then I keep thinking what about the new ankers with black Friday approaching (I have owned Anker products in the past and there warranty is exceptional) or singles day for chi-fi

I nearly took a punt ordering the TRN T200 last night, no idea why lol and with no reviews anywhere, I wasn't even drunk. That's the "what if I am missing out in me"

However I will keep lurking and chipping in with my thoughts over the next couple of months.

Decisions decisions

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #13,479 of 62,460
Got the Liberty 2 Pros Sunday night — and yes, there is a lot of white noise. I can’t tell if the white noise continues while content is playing — but if it is I have to believe it’s slightly degrading the sound quality. In any event, it’s annoying, and I hope they can fix it with a firmware update.

As to the sound quality, it’s really spectacular (even considering whatever the impact of the white noise might be). They really do sound better to me than even the Sennheiser MTW or the Sony WF-1000XM3.

In other respects, it took me a while to find tips that actually worked for my ears — none of the seven supplied sizes of tips worked. After tip-rolling for about an hour, I’m using the V-moda Bliss(™) tips (large) right now, and they seem to work well. With those tips, the earphones block a reasonable amount of extraneous sound.

Unfortunately, the Liberty 2’s microphone seems to be no better than any other run of the mill TWE mic (i.e., it sucks). I just took a phone call from my desk in my office (i.e., virtually no ambient sound), and the person I was speaking with said it sounded like I was on a bad speakerphone. I was hoping for so much more. I’ve recorded a few voice memos, and they also failed to impress. I had hoped that with four mics and CvC 8 (if that means anything) these earphones would be decent for calls, but they really aren’t. They certainly don’t touch the Plantronics 5100, which is, at the moment, the gold standard for outgoing call quality among TWEs. Perhaps they’ll fix the mic with a firmware update — but I’m not holding my breath. I really don’t know how they can advertise “Flawless Call Quality” when it performs like this.

I’m looking forward to the Jabra 75t’s and the Amazon Buds, thinking that both will have great mics. (Although I’m prepared to be disappointed.) I guess my search for the perfect earphone continues.
Very interesting info. I was moments away from pulling the trigger at $99 but now glad I didn't... given the white noise which I'm sensitive to and microphones, I'm waiting on them to see if they have an update. I really don't see how they can mess up microphone quality with 4 microphones... The Amazon Buds are looking more and more interesting but like you I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #13,480 of 62,460
I recently auditioned them (and talked about it here) and yes, they sound impressive ... someone else also posted that some sellers in the US have them for 199$ atm... so, there is talk about them :wink:

i might get them some day of I find em cheaper, but as for big ticket item, I am saving up for the Bose ANC
Completely agree having auditioned them too. The Powerbeats Pro sound great provided you figure out a tip that works for you, realise they aren't that isolating and you like the fit. At $249 they are just too expensive though and are quite tempting at $199. Love the separate physical volume control too.

Oct 16, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #13,481 of 62,460
Can anyone recommend a cheaper set that isolate well and sound decent? I was considering the Creative Gold ones but I use them on the tube and its noisy as hell so I want something with good isolation.

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #13,482 of 62,460
Very interesting info. I was moments away from pulling the trigger at $99 but now glad I didn't... given the white noise which I'm sensitive to and microphones, I'm waiting on them to see if they have an update. I really don't see how they can mess up microphone quality with 4 microphones... The Amazon Buds are looking more and more interesting but like you I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Still waiting for mine to dispatch. There are rumours on the soundcore community site that they waiting for stock of a revised edition which fixes the background hiss. Hopefully they can get it sorted, was expecting better given the hype and premium price.

Those TRN t200's keep tempting me, looks like a similar dual driver setup to the LPro2. Anyone got them yet?

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #13,483 of 62,460
i'm still waiting for tws that so small that looks like a bullet haha

i still have these on my wishlist. But they are BT 4.2 only and I think they are pretty big bullets (like .600 caliber)

718A7C05-68DC-4192-BAC3-EDA64AB3656E.jpeg

Oct 16, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #13,484 of 62,460
i still have these on my wishlist. But they are BT 4.2 only and I think they are pretty big bullets (like .600 caliber)

and don't forget the Melomania. i also found some of that form factor ypu posted on aliexpress with different case and BT 5.0. I'll try to dig in later and post here when i find them

Oct 16, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #13,485 of 62,460
and don't forget the Melomania. i also found some of that form factor ypu posted on aliexpress with different case and BT 5.0. I'll try to dig in later and post here when i find them
Like these?

CAA3C16E-B3E5-478B-8EC2-EAE457463F97.jpeg

I have seen this form factor around for months and been curious, but never curious enough :wink:
But I asked around here back in May if anyone has experience with this form factor ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back