Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 13, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #13,336 of 62,396
but a $50/$150 headphone is still a relatively poor audiophile choice.
If we talk about audiophile, they will not choise between cables and non-cables, its obvious. Before i use er4s with very fat litz-cu cable+dacport hd is about 3 years (earlier i tried more headphones and dac/daps) and i have found more practical thing like sabbat x12 pro. Yes, there are a bit sound degradation but its not disgusting and much more comfortable.

Oct 13, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #13,337 of 62,396
From this screenshot off the Lypertek website, it has TWS+, and I know that, at least on an iPhone’s BT Settings screen, you will see the Tevi L or R, but only one will be seen as connected. I suspect whichever ear bud was taken out of the charging case first and hence connected first. Does this mean that for those TWS earbuds where L and R are not shown separately, it is only plain vanilla TWS (master/slave type) and the BT signal is being blasted through one’s head from the master earbud to the slave earbud?
F564FF4E-A74E-4999-A412-C0AFCBC8C36D.jpeg

Oct 13, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #13,338 of 62,396
Oct 13, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #13,339 of 62,396
From this screenshot off the Lypertek website, it has TWS+, and I know that, at least on an iPhone’s BT Settings screen, you will see the Tevi L or R, but only one will be seen as connected. I suspect whichever ear bud was taken out of the charging case first and hence connected first. Does this mean that for those TWS earbuds where L and R are not shown separately, it is only plain vanilla TWS (master/slave type) and the BT signal is being blasted through one’s head from the master earbud to the slave earbud?

I suspect that even in the case of the lypertek you mention, they act as master/slave. Easy way to check: listen to music with them in your ears and then fully cup one ear with your hand (this should interfere with the signal and cut out the music), then cup the other ear. If each war cuts out separately then it's connected separately but if for one ear cuts out music to both then it's master/slave.

Oct 13, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #13,340 of 62,396
Randomly my current top 5, in no particular order

- KZ T1 ... still loving the clarity and soundsig in general ... would love them more if they had IPX, did not feature that volume hump and that annoying left/right switch in box :)

- Anbes 359/SSK BT03. Overall still the best package for running for me. One factor that is not often discussed here is wether a set of TWS are 'RELIABLE'!!! Nothing sucks more than starting the run and it turned out that the buds shifted in box the night before and discharged, or for whatever other reason they decide to disconnect during run and you would need to put them back into box to 'reset', of course you don't have that with you while running ... even with my Mpow and Tranya I have such issues sometimes, with the Anbes/SSK I never had any such surprises. Great sound / fit / connection

- Mifo 05 (BA). Took some burn in and time for me to fall in love with them. Great sound isolation, even using it on flights now instead of my Bose QC35. Only peeve is that they gently hurt after 3h ...

- Bonola ANC. Really liking those guys for sound quality, fit and that ANC is actually useful (also tested on recent flight). Not qualified for running though, on IPX and the fit feels a bit loose with the sticky-outy weight, don't want to find out if they stay in place.

- Haylou GT1. These got a lot of time in rotation recently because the case is just so darn pocketable! They also sound nice, fit well, and again, very reliable! Also good for running.

Yes, I also still very much like my Mpow, Tranya, (for bass / running), Blitzwolf (another very pocketable set), Syllable ... and I need to spend more time with UiiSii (more for classical), Ytom, Nilkin Go ...

Curious to see other top 5, or top 3 ... or Top 20 :)

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #13,342 of 62,396
What you recommend to buy, mifo o5 pro or KZ T1? I cares only about sound quality. Will be better only BA or hybrid? In KZ low frequencies prevails too much? Do you hear sabbat x12 pro? How do they sound compared to others? Thanks.

For sound quality alone I would rate the KZ higher, but as many have reported there is an annoying something with the volume ... as if there are only a few steps, like 10% 40% 70% and full blast ... this can be rather tricky sometimes when you find yourself between 'too low' and 'too loud' depending on your music / environment.

But give it 1-2 days, I shall get my KZ E10 tomorrow .. and let's see how that one fares.

You might also want to explore the TRN BT20 + your favorite IEM option.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #13,343 of 62,396
What you recommend to buy, mifo o5 pro or KZ T1? I cares only about sound quality. Will be better only BA or hybrid? In KZ low frequencies prevails too much? Do you hear sabbat x12 pro? How do they sound compared to others? Thanks.

Can't comment on the KZ T1, but just wanted to say that the Shanling MTW100 BA is superior to the mifo O5 Professional. The Shanling has better bass response, more pocketable case, and audio passthrough to say the least. I do a more thorough comparison in my review (see signature)

Oct 13, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #13,344 of 62,396
For sound quality alone I would rate the KZ higher, but as many have reported there is an annoying something with the volume ... as if there are only a few steps, like 10% 40% 70% and full blast ... this can be rather tricky sometimes when you find yourself between 'too low' and 'too loud' depending on your music / environment.

But give it 1-2 days, I shall get my KZ E10 tomorrow .. and let's see how that one fares.

You might also want to explore the TRN BT20 + your favorite IEM option.

Wasn’t the different steps only on 1 operating system (like Android)? I seem to remember there being cases where the “steps” were spaced normally.

Or maybe I’m thinking of controlling the volume from the phone, vs controlling it from the earbuds.

Oct 13, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #13,345 of 62,396
Wasn’t the different steps only on 1 operating system (like Android)? I seem to remember there being cases where the “steps” were spaced normally.

Or maybe I’m thinking of controlling the volume from the phone, vs controlling it from the earbuds.

that was my initial thought as well. “Oh, that only applies to those triple taps on the buds” , but then after reading all the hoopla here I confirmed that this is also true on iOS when using the volume buttons of my phone ...

Oct 13, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #13,346 of 62,396
that was my initial thought as well. “Oh, that only applies to those triple taps on the buds” , but then after reading all the hoopla here I confirmed that this is also true on iOS when using the volume buttons of my phone ...

Ouch, that sucks

Oct 13, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #13,347 of 62,396
It's "dangerous" to recommend tips for others, but I really love my Anbes 359 with Comply Truegrip Pro tips.
Just been out on a long walk, with some running (in the shadows :) ) and wow! How good are these buds!?!. Soundstage, fit/comfort, bass etc... Maybe the best "gadget" I've bought, value for money wise.

On a side note: I've connected both the QCY T2C and Anbes with my Apple Watch 4G, and both can get out of phase when using the watch crown to adjust the volume. Strange, but luckily I know why they get out of phase. Just adjust it again with the buds (Anbes) or on the watch screen.
What size TrueGrip Pro fits these?

Oct 13, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #13,348 of 62,396
There's a new version of the YTOM-T1 (variant of Wavefun X-Pods) with a Wireless Charging case.

C$ 45.81 51%OFF | YTOM T1 Pro APTX TWS Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earphone Earbuds With Wilress Charging Function TYPE C Super Bass HD Mic Headset
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/t6PJfIW8

Oct 13, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #13,349 of 62,396
What size TrueGrip Pro fits these?
There was only one size of the TrueGrip Pro when I bought them for the Senn' MTWs. Guess it was mediums.
They were too small for the MTWs, (good fit but bad seal), but I remember I really liked them for the Anbes (before I ruined them, when I tried to glue the rubber lids on again).
I've developed a bit since June I see... soundstage, best buds etc :) But the 359s are still amongst the best ref quality / value/ price.

Oct 13, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #13,350 of 62,396
There was only one size of the TrueGrip Pro when I bought them for the Senn' MTWs. Guess it was mediums.
They were too small for the MTWs, (good fit but bad seal), but I remember I really liked them for the Anbes (before I ruined them, when I tried to glue the rubber lids on again).
I've developed a bit since June I see... soundstage, best buds etc :) But the 359s are still amongst the best ref quality / value/ price.
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back