Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 10, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #13,216 of 62,434
That's a great way to test. I like your new self portrait @hifi80sman, that mullet rocks! :wink:
It could very well be the best mullet, like, ever.

In the interest of staying "on thread", recommend listening to this with Anbes 359 or better. :p

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #13,217 of 62,434
I got my Lystar J29s yesterday. I have been listening to them for about the last hour or so and I would agree on most of your points. The sound quality reminds me a lot of my Tranya B530 with a little less bass oomph. Great highs and mids and quality bass. I also like that I don't have to shove them in my ears or try to pinch them between thumb and finger to articulate the buttons, but I still prefer touch buttons like my Gbuds and Tranyas. My only complaint is the stock eartips. In my ears they slowly push themselves out over the course of 15 minutes or so, even if I'm not moving around. I think they're just too shallow. I put some Spinfit CP100Z on them and they are staying put a lot better and sound pretty much the same. Definitely a good buy for $21!

I'm really glad you like them! The Tranya B530 is actually an excellent comparison, I didn't even think about that! I can't believe they are only $21. I have ran into some random auto pairing issues but only once or twice and it's really silly you can't power them on w/o returning them to the charger, but I can easily keep these in until they die and comfortably, not having to push them in to get a seal is great. The stock tips are garbage, I almost always switch mine out for my spinft 360's or spiral dots. Thanks again for buying them and checking them out, it's always good to get a second opinion.

Oct 10, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #13,218 of 62,434
The sample/bit rate should be maxed out based on the capability of your device and the source content. Unless the source material and your hardware support aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, or LDAC, then changing it to a higher value (if it will even let you) won't make a difference. You'll be able to downscale, but I'm not sure why you'd want to do that.

If you're using LDAC, Android may, for some inexplicable reason, default to 32-bit, however, LDAC doesn't actually support 32-bit, so you'll actually have to toggle it back to 24-bit. It actually sounds worse when it defaults to 32-bit.

Currently I'm set up as follows.
  • Jabra Elite 65t
  • OnePlus 6
    • AVRCP version: 1.4 (default)
    • Bluetooth codec: SBC (aptx hd doesn't stick) 65t doesn't support?
    • Audio sample rate: 44.1
    • Audio bits per sample: 16 bit
    • LDAC codec: Adaptive/best effort. Other options are 990/660/330 kbps
I need to learn more and do my research. Any suggestions you can provide on my settings, would be appreciated.

Oct 10, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #13,219 of 62,434
It could very well be the best mullet, like, ever.

In the interest of staying "on thread", recommend listing to this with Anbes 359 or better. :p

This is a hilarious video. I listened to it with my Tevi's, sounds pretty good! The sax player is def. the coolest guy in this band. :laughing:
upload_2019-10-10_11-51-55.png

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #13,220 of 62,434
I'm really glad you like them! The Tranya B530 is actually an excellent comparison, I didn't even think about that! I can't believe they are only $21. I have ran into some random auto pairing issues but only once or twice and it's really silly you can't power them on w/o returning them to the charger, but I can easily keep these in until they die and comfortably, not having to push them in to get a seal is great. The stock tips are garbage, I almost always switch mine out for my spinft 360's or spiral dots. Thanks again for buying them and checking them out, it's always good to get a second opinion.
They're literally just a hair less good than the Tranyas in every regard except comfort out of the box. The Tranyas are comfortable with the stock tips and 3rd party tips. I haven't tested call quality on them yet though, which is excellent on the B530s!

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #13,221 of 62,434
Thanks, well no RatShacks in my current neighborhood (actually didn't they all close?) so can't give the Auvio's a try. I guess I'll have to import some Spiral Dots (JVC right ?) at some point. My problem with the Anbes is that regardless of the tip (and I'd have to say the stock ones work best) I only get a good seal/SQ when I tuck them slightly inside/bottom of my ear but with (light) movement they tend to pop out :frowning2:
Here you go. They are BOGO for 3 pair S,M,L I pretty much only use the M's and sometimes the smalls.

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #13,223 of 62,434
Currently I'm set up as follows.
  • Jabra Elite 65t
  • OnePlus 6
    • AVRCP version: 1.4 (default)
    • Bluetooth codec: SBC (aptx hd doesn't stick) 65t doesn't support?
    • Audio sample rate: 44.1
    • Audio bits per sample: 16 bit
    • LDAC codec: Adaptive/best effort. Other options are 990/660/330 kbps
I need to learn more and do my research. Any suggestions you can provide on my settings, would be appreciated.
For the 65t, you can only go SBC or AAC (16-bit/44.1 kHz). It doesn't support anything higher. If you have good source material, you may want to look at some of the higher end TWS' that support aptX (Senneheiser, Master & Dynamic, House of Marley).

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #13,224 of 62,434
Here's are two incredibly good (imho) EQ apps for your iphone, same dev... https://apps.apple.com/us/app/highamp-mp3-music-player/id1359487085 - or - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/highstereo-mp3-music-player/id1164322969
10 or 30 band, + preset & programmable curves, with independent rotary Bass & Treble controls for on the fly granular adjustments.
The highlight being the rotary controls - quickly adjustable on top of an EQ curve.

(some marketing prose from the dev)...
- Better sounds quality with Bass, Treble and Equalizer
- All music collections including Youtube, Apple Music, iPod library, files in your PC and files in Clouds.
- Supports various audio formats such as mp3, flac, ape, opus, ogg etc.
- 100K radio stations.

This app's transformed my own TWS experience. I've no affiliation with the product, .and if there are better EQ apps out there for the iphone, somebody please tell me. I'd like to know about it. Fwiw.
Wow, thank you @Rob E. These are both pretty cool and i'm really impressed by the quality of the radio streams. I haven't played with it too much, but the EQ works really well!

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #13,225 of 62,434
Does anyone know if the Shanling's have a warm rolled off treble sound, or are they considered having good treble and detail?

Oct 10, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #13,226 of 62,434
They're literally just a hair less good than the Tranyas in every regard except comfort out of the box. The Tranyas are comfortable with the stock tips and 3rd party tips. I haven't tested call quality on them yet though, which is excellent on the B530s!

Do you like them more than your Kissral R18? Is your sig in order of your favorite to least favorite?

Oct 10, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #13,227 of 62,434
Do you like them more than your Kissral R18? Is your sig in order of your favorite to least favorite?
I didn't put them in order, no.
It's hard to say one is better than the other with the Tranya B530 and the Kissral R18. They're different beasts.
The R18s have much more high end detail and clarity, but the bass is much less powerful than the Tranyas. Still good detailed bass, but it doesn't have that bump!
The B530s are more fun and energetic with the big bass. They still have great highs and mids but have a hard time competing with the R18s in that area. I definitely prefer the touch controls on the Tranyas though.
Call quality is excellent on the Tranyas, but I haven't tested the R18s for that yet.
I hope that helps!

Oct 10, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #13,228 of 62,434
I didn't put them in order, no.
It's hard to say one is better than the other with the Tranya B530 and the Kissral R18. They're different beasts.
The R18s have much more high end detail and clarity, but the bass is much less powerful than the Tranyas. Still good detailed bass, but it doesn't have that bump!
The B530s are more fun and energetic with the big bass. They still have great highs and mids but have a hard time competing with the R18s in that area. I definitely prefer the touch controls on the Tranyas though.
Call quality is excellent on the Tranyas, but I haven't tested the R18s for that yet.
I hope that helps!

Yes, it does help. Do you find the same thing between the Lystar and R18s? Battle of the $21 TWS (SSK and Lystar) :)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #13,229 of 62,434
Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #13,230 of 62,434
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back