Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 4, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #631 of 62,322
The 65t Elite is CRAZY nice sounding for a fully wireless.

I just have some static in the left side. Gonna replace them tomorrow and see if the second set is better.

Jun 5, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #632 of 62,322
The 65t Elite is CRAZY nice sounding for a fully wireless.

I just have some static in the left side. Gonna replace them tomorrow and see if the second set is better.

you should not have any static at all, the 65t are great you are going to love them, did you get the normal version or the active? the 65t dethroned my Samsung iconx 2018 for sound quality, and those were very good!

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #633 of 62,322
you should not have any static at all, the 65t are great you are going to love them, did you get the normal version or the active? the 65t dethroned my Samsung iconx 2018 for sound quality, and those were very good!

The normal. Two pairs in a row had left-side static, which is a shame because wow they were comfortable and sounded nice.

I swapped out for the Bose Soundsport Free. Also fantastic sounding, not nearly as comfortable and secure feeling as the 65t, but operation is smoother and hey there's no hiss. They just look RIDICULOUS.

That's probably just my bad luck, I'm not knocking Jabra since lots of people love them, and I really liked the hear-through mode.

Jun 5, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #634 of 62,322
I’m using the Jabra Elite Sport, zero issues, static nor connectivity issues.
Based on my experience and a coworker with the 65t the Elite Sport has a more reliable connection for some strange reason.
They also sound different, but that’s a another discussion altogether.

Jun 5, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #635 of 62,322
The normal. Two pairs in a row had left-side static, which is a shame because wow they were comfortable and sounded nice.

I swapped out for the Bose Soundsport Free. Also fantastic sounding, not nearly as comfortable and secure feeling as the 65t, but operation is smoother and hey there's no hiss. They just look RIDICULOUS.

That's probably just my bad luck, I'm not knocking Jabra since lots of people love them, and I really liked the hear-through mode.

try the active 65t, I would try the opposite again. I have both elite sport and 65t active and Samsung iconx 2018 all three have the best connectivity of all I have used not issues.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #636 of 62,322
try the active 65t, I would try the opposite again. I have both elite sport and 65t active and Samsung iconx 2018 all three have the best connectivity of all I have used not issues.

They connected just fine, the left side just hissed for some reason. If I can snag a pair of Actives I will. The bose are damn nice, though. Less isolation, I admit but that's not a bad thing for running purposes.

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #637 of 62,322

Would be interested in your impressions of the SQ in the Elite Active v. Soundsport Free.

Jun 5, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #639 of 62,322
Someone with a 65t updated to the latest firmware please do me a favor and play some music then hit pause. Tell me if there's a hiss in your left ear for a second or two.

I ask because I did indeed pick up the Active and IT ALSO has this issue. There's no way I got three lemons. Something is up.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #640 of 62,322
I never brought the soundsport free, too big, too bulky imo, also not being in ear, "no true sound isolation" is a no no for me, I had a pair of Plantronics a long time ago with this design and I did not like it at all, I want to be totally sealed and only hear music, not environment. I do hear slight intermittent hiss sound when my music gets paused or when I go from one sound preference to another sound preference in the app. but its very slight, comes and goes very quickly, and you never hear that during music play back so i am ok with it, not a big deal to me.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #641 of 62,322
I never brought the soundsport free, too big, too bulky imo, also not being in ear, "no true sound isolation" is a no no for me, I had a pair of Plantronics a long time ago with this design and I did not like it at all, I want to be totally sealed and only hear music, not environment. I do hear slight intermentent static when my music gets paused or when I go from one sound preference to another sound preference in the app. but its very slight, comes and goes very quickly, and you never hear that during music play back so i am ok with it, not a big deal to me.

Yeah that's what irks me. I know it's not a big deal, but when music has gaps it shows up and boy it's annoying. I'll chalk that up to a firmware fix because the Elite Active is just so goddamn good.

Will be taking them on a run paired up with a Galaxy Sport so we'll see how that goes.

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #642 of 62,322
Cool keep us updated.
How many pairs of bluetooth headphones do you guys own? I was going through all my headsets and I was thinking about down sizing and getting rid of some of them. I just can't!!! They all sound very good and have things I love. What was suprising was my oldest set i still own the jaybird x3 which I haven't used in months are still excellent, sound great powerful, the app is so good, so many sound profiles to choose that really work. Samsung iconx 2018 sound great, Great touch controls, on board memory, great app, jabra elite sport, also sound great, great app, completely water proof, bullet proof build, jabra 65t active great sound, controls, fit, app. All have great BT connection. i had the Sony wf1000x and they sounded so good, noise cancelling feature worked well, but battery life was terrible so I didnt keep them. The new Sony are available I have no interest in because battery life is still low. The only ones left I'm interested in now are b&o e8 but they are a bit out of my budget. Sorry for rambling but we are getting some good stuff now, cant wait to see what is coming down the pipe.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #643 of 62,322
Currently I just have the one, but I've fiddled with a bunch. I have honestly no interest in the e8 just because a big reason for me is fitness and no way I'm sticking $300 non-sweatproof headphones in.

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #644 of 62,322
e8 are out then, I cant believe a 300.00 headset not sweat proof, that should be a standard feature now a days...

Jun 7, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #645 of 62,322
Yeah, the e8 appears to be more of an "executive audiophile" kind of thing. I don't think the Sony WF-1000X are sweatproof either. I don't wish they didn't do noise-cancellation. Just make them seal well enough, because I swear ANC just makes stuff sound weird.

The Jabra are winning to my ears. That hiss is annoying but I do think it's just a firmware quirk that can be solved. They sound great, you can EQ them directly, the "hearthrough" feature is amazing, they're ridiculously comfortable and secure in the ears. Yeah, the Bose sounded better, but they didn't seal to speak of, felt wobbly, and for some reason calls are designed to come through one ear only.

EDIT: I looked up the Sony WF-700n. I might pick up a pair of those today to test. Will update.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back