Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 27, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #61,261 of 62,574
New update for Jabra Elite 10! Better anc on calls, better wind detection in ANC and Hear Through. Very excited to see hownit all works! Will give updates over the next week.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 1:41 AM Post #61,263 of 62,574
Mar 27, 2024 at 6:00 AM Post #61,266 of 62,574
Fair enough. I hereby withdraw my "troll" comment. But I think the battery thing is overplayed. I've never had used a TWS long enough to have a battery fail. The tech advances so fast that the TWS is outdated before the battery. I understand others buy to keep longer term however.
The battery thing confuses me. Your laptop and phone all have battery's. Do we not buy those?

Mar 27, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #61,267 of 62,574
I actually really like the MTW4's. On paper they sound like a small upgrade over the MTW3, but they feel a lot more solid to me and do sound better if not by a huge margin or anything.
I mean, it is an incremental upgrade of course, and that case size should be illegal in 2024, but... Otherwise they are great.

Mar 27, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #61,269 of 62,574
Anyone explain if Bluetooth 5.2 v 5.3 v 5.4 makes a meaningful user experience from a connectivity or CODEC/Sound/Switch perspective.

The Senn M4's have the 5.4 codec. I was contemplating the Prestige which are 5.2. Still yet to audition the M4's.

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #61,270 of 62,574
These are replaceable. Batteries on TWS are not. Big difference.
Not really that big. We've been over this before but the vast majority of people replace their phones and laptops before batteries need replacing because the tech has advanced faster than the battery has depleted. I don't think I've ever replaced a phone battery or laptop battery. By the time that's necessary, I'd rather put the money into a newer, faster, better model. TWS is pretty much the same.

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #61,271 of 62,574
In the scheme of things, the minuscule TWS battery and sale numbers ain't exactly going to make any difference to land waste.

And all electronic products with a battery have a finite life expectancy.

I suppose they "could" program the battery management software to charge only to 85% of the battery capacity and not let it get past 20%. You'd lose out in battery life but you may get more cycles out of it.

Don't know about the rest of you, I'd have misplaced a TWS before I got to 500 cycles. I'm probably on my 3rd or 4th set of AirPod Pro... (amongst a multitude of Jabra and other TWS)

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #61,272 of 62,574
Not really that big. We've been over this before but the vast majority of people replace their phones and laptops before batteries need replacing because the tech has advanced faster than the battery has depleted. I don't think I've ever replaced a phone battery or laptop battery. By the time that's necessary, I'd rather put the money into a newer, faster, better model. TWS is pretty much the same.
Actually this is not true in getting less true. Before when phones and laptops were making rather large gains year over year this happened often. But now phone tech is so mature for what most people need it to do that The urge to upgrade more often is far less.

You buy a nice laptop today It's going to do what the average user needs it to do for many years to come. Of course if you are in a high demand creative World or using CAD out other intensive software, then yes you would upgrade more often.

People haven't had the option to just swap in batteries and extend the life of their electronics. Quite a few would.

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #61,273 of 62,574
In the scheme of things, the minuscule TWS battery and sale numbers ain't exactly going to make any difference to land waste.

And all electronic products with a battery have a finite life expectancy.

I suppose they "could" program the battery management software to charge only to 85% of the battery capacity and not let it get past 20%. You'd lose out in battery life but you may get more cycles out of it.

Don't know about the rest of you, I'd have misplaced a TWS before I got to 500 cycles. I'm probably on my 3rd or 4th set of AirPod Pro... (amongst a multitude of Jabra and other TWS)
LOL. Right up there with those F150's polluting the planet ... I drive an EV so I can toss a few TWS and still sleep at night.

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #61,275 of 62,574
These are replaceable. Batteries on TWS are not. Big difference.
Chipsets are getting more efficient. Pretty soon, if not already, nothing new will offer less than 6 hours per charge. After a couple of years of use they will get down to what, 4 hours? And anyone who hasn't upgraded their equipment by then, I don't see how they can stand being on this forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back