Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 1, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #60,707 of 62,476
I think that's one wild hair that you should just pluck and wait for the Triumph.
You're right. There are just so many.

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #60,708 of 62,476
Correct.

Captions underneath the photos say:

1st: "We're pleased to inform you that assembly of the charging cases has finally commenced. Prior to assembly, we conducted meticulous inspections to identify and address any minor scratches or color discrepancies."

2nd: "With great care, we are assembling the cases to ensure the beautiful surface finish remains unblemished, and proceeding to set and verify the earphones."

3rd: "The logo printing has also been completed with a beautiful finish.
Our production process is now in full swing. Thank you for your continued support."
"The waiting is the hardest part!" :beerchug:

Attachments

• pyagei4dmnxtokf4r0wl.jpg
    pyagei4dmnxtokf4r0wl.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ech25b0xfudwgumrp40t.jpg
    ech25b0xfudwgumrp40t.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 0
  • e1kmcjzi3al4sewpbyof.jpg
    e1kmcjzi3al4sewpbyof.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #60,709 of 62,476
Did you have them? Think so. Can't decide if I should scour the earth and pacify my wild hair.
I do have them. They don't exhibit the same bass I heard on the Fokus Pro but still punchy but sound more precise thanks to xMEMS. Pretty bright sounding too.Am currently awaiting a firmware fix as, they randomly power off then on. And Snapdragon sound is glitched out. Wouldn't necessarily recommend you pay the extra to get them from Japan. Await for the Triumph.

Mar 1, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #60,710 of 62,476
My wife likes to tell me that every joke has 50% truth to it which usually is correct. I deserved the comment. I am a grumpy old man. So I think I'm gonna put my X1s in my ears and listen to some Whitesnake.
Lol... Okay here I go again

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #60,711 of 62,476
Who is a wired only adherent? I mean that's a weird thing to say when I've seen none of that in this thread.
Not talking about this thread. I mean people over on the discovery thread and the Watercooler.

From what I've seen most use something like Sony or Apple TWS cause they can't be bothered looking into what has best SQ as they don't believe there is any point using tws for that.

Also the occasional person stops by here to tell us that the Hexa smashes even $700 tws which is nonsense.

Btw you haven't recommended an actual wired iem yet. Around $1000 what do you use?

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #60,712 of 62,476
Just never forget, a product must be revolutionary to be worth it.
Well that's simply not true.

Canned tomatos are hardly revolutionary, but when throwing a Dahl Makhani together, definitely worth the asking price.

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #60,713 of 62,476
I do have them. They don't exhibit the same bass I heard on the Fokus Pro but still punchy but sound more precise thanks to xMEMS. Pretty bright sounding too.Am currently awaiting a firmware fix as, they randomly power off then on. And Snapdragon sound is glitched out. Wouldn't necessarily recommend you pay the extra to get them from Japan. Await for the Triumph.
I don't want to sound like an ass but why do you think they sound more precise due to the xMEMS?

Edit:
They are hybrids. Doesn't the DD have something to do with this as well?

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #60,715 of 62,476
Not talking about this thread. I mean people over on the discovery thread and the Watercooler.

From what I've seen most use something like Sony or Apple TWS cause they can't be bothered looking into what has best SQ as they don't believe there is any point using tws for that.

Also the occasional person stops by here to tell us that the Hexa smashes even $700 tws which is nonsense.

Btw you haven't recommended an actual wired iem yet. Around $1000 what do you use?
Ha!! Only because they can’t upgrade a TWS with a $4,200 cable. Imagine the incredible sound difference if you could.
Yeah, not really picking on them, they enjoy what they do. 👍

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #60,716 of 62,476
Picked up the Bose Ultra open buds today, although I wont get them until next week as BB is all sold out around here. I feel so invested with Bose. I'm really happy with them minimal issues and most importantly they just fit my ears the best.
Rocking the Ultra Headphones right now.
Ultra Headphones are awesome. Everytime im at the airport and they're on display I put them on just to turn my head and feel the spatial audio go to one side. It makes the entire room I'm in come alive as if an orchestra is playing.

Very niche use case but a cool effect

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #60,717 of 62,476

For the 1K range I'm in love with the CA Bonneville. I prefer a more fun organic sound and good bass, but not while impeding good mids and highs, I still want competent technicalities there too. Of course I've only heard so many IEM's at that price point, I'm sure there are many other contenders.

As I mentioned before, I just about swore off wired IEM's after getting into TWS, for those first couple of years. I've only started getting back into wired since around last spring. And I'm very happy that I did. For long dog walks, which I do daily, where I always used TWS, now I use my Volur or Bonneville or Supermoon or whatever via the Go Blu or A&K HB1. As long as that wire is not stuck into my phone, my phone is free to use unencumbered. I can also just reach into my jacket pocket and change the volume or pause or skip tracks without having to look or take out my phone just via the BT device. To me it's quite ergonomic. I can't stand dongles right into the phone unless I'm home for a listening session, or say at a cafe for a while or on a plane, etc.. Somewhere stationary for a decent bit.

also I'm not saying that will change the game for everyone, but it changed the convenience for me drastically.

If I'm actually going out, I'll take the TWS every time. Includes charging case, ANC, touch controls, ambient mode. I'm taking mass transit, whether bus or train, lots of walking, stopping in a store or stores, the TWS are far more superior there.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #60,718 of 62,476
Ha!! Only because they can’t upgrade a TWS with a $4,200 cable. Imagine the incredible sound difference if you could.
Yeah, not really picking on them, they enjoy what they do. 👍
Haha I know. I'm happy for them.

However when I hear people on the disco thread trying to find the cheapest best value for money iem I get the impression what they really like is their DAP or DAC. I try their low-mid range iems out of a phone and they sound crap.

TWS certainly has superiority from mobile use

Mar 1, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #60,719 of 62,476
I'm wondering if I've missed the conversation about the Noble Triumphs drivers configuration. The DD is significantly smaller than on the Fokus Pro or Mystique.

It is a combination of things controlling the bass, volume etc when implementing xmem drivers.

Pulling the potential out of an xmem isn't a simple task and in some respects this is like flying to the moon. Sure it can be done & has been done, but it hasn't been perfected and stream lined.

But on paper, the speed and stability xmems can offer simply dominate.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 1, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #60,720 of 62,476
For the 1K range I'm in love with the CA Bonneville. I prefer a more fun organic sound and good bass, but not while impeding good mids and highs, I still want competent technicalities there too. Of course I've only heard so many IEM's at that price point, I'm sure there are many other contenders.

As I mentioned before, I just about swore off wired IEM's after getting into TWS, for those first couple of years. I've only started getting back into wired since around last spring. And I'm very happy that I did. For long dog walks, which I do daily, where I always used TWS, now I use my Volur or Bonneville or Supermoon or whatever via the Go Blu or A&K HB1. As long as that wire is not stuck into my phone, my phone is free to use unencumbered. I can also just reach into my jacket pocket and change the volume or pause or skip tracks without having to look or take out my phone just via the BT device. To me it's quite ergonomic. I can't stand dongles right into the phone unless I'm home for a listening session, or say at a cafe for a while or on a plane, etc.. Somewhere stationary for a decent bit.

also I'm not saying that will change the game for everyone, but it changed the convenience for me drastically.
No disrespect to TWS manufacturers present (or not) here.

I believe that KiwiEars Quintet would make a great wired(less) IEM for mamy. The only issue is the 'dongle' case size. That's the problem if you compare TWS with wired solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back