Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #60,661 of 62,469
I'm starting to think you have no idea what you're talking about most of the time. Just never forget, a product must be revolutionary to be worth it.
I'm starting to think you are an arrogant blowhard who I wish would spend more time in the watercooler thread and less time annoying everyone here.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #60,663 of 62,469
Getting back on track at least a little:
Very interesting......Hybrid....DD, Planar, BA. Seems it is about £260. Looks a good-un 😃😊😄

£196 on Indiegogo similar price to the ISN Neo 3, with similar makeup. If the TE-ZX1 sounds as good, I have the ISN Neo 3, it will be a big TWS advance.
I think a lot of us are interested in these - just waiting for more impressions. Could be really fun.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #60,664 of 62,469
I'm starting to think you are an arrogant blowhard who I wish would spend more time in the watercooler thread and less time annoying everyone here.
It's not my fault you lack temperament.

You take any criticism of tws like personally. It's so weird. And I'm the one saying I like tws and I will always have a TWS. My experience was I was going to leave wired IEMs behind as well. It's a valid topic in this thread I'm sorry it hurts your volatile feelings.

I think anybody who wants to read about tws should also be aware of products like Bluetooth dongles in actual tws accessories like the shure tw2. Because those have brought some of the conveniences of TWS to wired. And I think a lot of people are unaware.

Also your statement about something has to be revolutionary was just a terrible terrible thing to say for people in this hobby. That's the absolute last kind of completely wrong information anybody in this hobby whatever style of earphones they wear should ever think or see without that being exposed.

It's funny that I say it's your ears and you get all pissy, AFTER you yourself say you have bad ears. That I'm full of crap. I just re-iterated what you was in your quote.

Maybe smoke some weed because you're a little too wired brother.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #60,667 of 62,469
I'm starting to think you have no idea what you're talking about most of the time. Just never forget, a product must be revolutionary to be worth it.
Or maybe you just can’t let someone have an opinion? Clearly you always have to have a last word, bro.
You read enough to respond. I'll just leave that there.

It's not a dead horse if tech changes, and if one also uses TWS and appreciates them as well. If I was just some wired fanboy that talked crap about TWS as a thing, then I could see your point. But I've been on the wired/TWS journey and can appreciate both. The things that made wired totally annoying to me on the go have now been solved or partially solved by new tech. That's not a dead horse, that's an alive one. Listen, if you can't be bothered with a changing world, just don't comment.

Also that one guy clark or clerk, he seems to spend a ton of money on TWS. It's ok to discuss with him because if at some point you are spending so much money on TWS, you may as well try wired too. It's not about saving much money anymore if you are buying TWS left and right.
It's @clerkpalmer. We all spend thousands upon thousands on this stuff. So much it's ridiculous. Most of us have tried and own IEMs, etc. You need to stop debating for the sake of debating is a waste our time. Carry on...

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #60,668 of 62,469
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #60,670 of 62,469
I got "acupressure pads" or some crap like that when I wore mine yesterday, that's what one of my colleagues thought. She was kinda blown away by what they were though.

I actually love mine so far, they're the first time I'm really feeling like I can have a conversation and listen to music without any issues.
Was thinking of getting the Bose first but thought the Freeclip seemed like the better deal for many different reasons, and I don't know if I might get the Bose down the line, but I don't think so.

The one thing that is very weird about the Huawei Freeclip though is at least on my phone, there's ONE or maybe two volume "notches" where they sound great at, the sound quality shifts a lot when you go lower or higher. I mean okay, the sound isn't BAD, but on my OnePlus Open you have 16 volume levels (or 17 if you count 0% volume) and on 70-75% volume they sound great (so 11-12 notches up), below that they get a lot warmer and bassier, and if you go above 75 they start sounding really "hollow" because the bass sort of just gets reduced drastically.

Anyway, for people who like open earbuds and aren't afraid of being seen as a quirky earring-wearing/ear-acupressure tool, they are a no-brainer, and seem to be worth it over the Bose.
That's funny, haven't got that yet. I haven't had any audio issue or volume changes randomly. Nothing odd happening yet. I just hope the flexible arm lasts. Feels solid, but after all that bending, will it last? I moved on from the Oneplus Open. Kept having bluetooth issues, but nothing with my Pixel Fold. Do you have any issues with other buds with the OPO? Just curious. The OS had some gremlins at times for me.

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #60,671 of 62,469
I will tell you one thing, I would hate to be a kid and walk on @clerkpalmer s yard... Grumpy ole man . 🤣

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #60,672 of 62,469
We know. Your stuff is "high end". You're too good for us losers here. Pretentious much?
Man you really have a weird personality. You take this stuff way too personally. Yes I look down at tws users because when I got the mtw2 for the next 3 years I didn't even bother with wired iems. And I still buy tws. And I've continued to say I will always have a TWS and keep track of the space because I want to keep upgrading when needed. But yes, I look down on tws users. What are you blabbering about?

Do you have like a victim complex or something?

As far as $300 tws let's not forget I'm talking to a person who spent $600 on the prestige and whatever on the Svanar, plus many more. I'm more talking about IEM towards the 1K point which is not that far off. Especially if you're buying tons of tws to chase little dragons. Those those 300-600 purchases add up.

I specifically said I was not talking about multi-killobuck IEMs here.

My point was very simple as someone who enjoys TWS and wired, and has been doing this for a while, for many of the same reasons many people here have, A mixed perspective is not a bad thing, ESPECIALLY when tech has enjoyed to bring some conveniences of wireless to wired, it's good to play in both spaces. But maybe not to people who take this really really personally and have a an easily triggered temperament.

I will tell you one thing, I would hate to be a kid and walk on @clerkpalmer s yard... Grumpy ole man . 🤣

Ha!

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #60,673 of 62,469
We know. Your stuff is "high end". You're too good for us losers here. Pretentious much?
No…. That’s not the point. You probably spend more on your TWS than my entire collection.

The whole point of the thread is to discover new stuff that you might like the sound of…especially since TWS options aren’t as common on this side of the world. Why waste time arguing over TWS vs wired? I was just pointing out how ridiculous it was.

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #60,675 of 62,469
Right. It’s not fair comparing $300 stuff to high end stuff. TWS has nothing to do with it. How many times are you going to tell us you have high end stuff and then say a $200 apple product is boring? Talk about apples to oranges.

It’s already here. The wired fans just won’t admit it. The difference is incremental and a solid argument can be made that the benefits of wireless outweigh the marginal improvements to sq.
Not sure I quite agree with you here. Sound quality is by far the most important aspect of a TWS to me. Yes it is convenient in some ways, but I still don't use them indoors, as wired iems are still superior in SQ. For now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back