Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 20, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #51,302 of 62,963
If you want a good passive seal (esp if ANC buds) then SpinFits as not very good as less dense, the AZLA range are better for that.

I have both but tend to use Spinfits on my indoor ear buds.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #51,303 of 62,963
Oh wow, that's a hard one. There's a Bang & Olufsen store in West Hollywood, not close. Outside of that, it's really only Best Buy. These days there aren't many audiophile stores here in LA. I do know there are a couple stores at Los Angeles International Airport. You're right, hard to find. Most of the good ones I have to buy online. Sad but true. If someone else knows of a great place, please do share!
https://thesourceav.com/

Feb 20, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #51,304 of 62,963
If you want a good passive seal (esp if ANC buds) then SpinFits as not very good as less dense, the AZLA range are better for that.

I have both but tend to use Spinfits on my indoor ear buds.
It all depends on the person's ears. I get a great seal with both. This is why giving advice on tips is very hit and miss. It is such a personal thing that all a person can do is buy different ones to try and see what works best. I get much better results with the Spinfits vs Crystals (on Mystiques) when I am at my loud gym.

Feb 20, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #51,305 of 62,963
If you are partially deaf, then sure it will work for you, not even a good passive seal+ANC works for me that well because I can hear the grass grow! 😉

Comfort and good SQ = Spinfits

Better Passive seal = AZLA and that does not mean they are uncomfortable or have poor SQ but they are thicker.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #51,306 of 62,963
If you are partially deaf, then sure it will work for you, not even a good passive seal+ANC works for me that well because I can hear the grass grow! 😉

Comfort and good SQ = Spinfits

Better Passive seal = AZLA and that does not mean they are uncomfortable or have poor SQ but they are thicker.
Nope, I've got perfect hearing. The passive seal on the Mystiques are very good and I don't have a need for ANC with them most of the time.

Feb 20, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #51,307 of 62,963
Feb 20, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #51,308 of 62,963
Quick question for the tip rollers, please.

In Azla SednaEarfit, what’s the difference between Crystal and Xelastec? Being it for APP2 or other? Do they treat sound differently? Which are the latest? Which do you guys prefer?

Any other recommendations are welcome.

TIA!
for me the xelastec are trash. For the first couple of weeks I loved them. Btw, I had the airpod pro version. But after a month they weren’t much good. They get distorted too easily. I think if you don’t wear them for more than a hour, maybe they are fine. I wear my AirPods for about 4 hours straight, and these just don’t hold up to that. I even tried the hot water trick they recommend, but that made it worse.

Feb 20, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #51,310 of 62,963
Remember, it you're using aftermarket ear tips, then you're not listening to your music they way the manufacture, and by extension, the artist intended!!
Just like the EQ argument...
🤪
You mean the choice from the options the factory in China offers that the end brand intended to spend as little as possible on. Music the way the Chinese/Malaysian/Vietnamese/Japanese etc. factory intended :)

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #51,311 of 62,963
Remember, it you're using aftermarket ear tips, then you're not listening to your music they way the manufacture, and by extension, the artist intended!!
Just like the EQ argument...
🤪
Don't think this is like EQ - the manufacturer doesn't know what ear shapes we have, hence all the different (ear) tips... :beyersmile:

Feb 20, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #51,313 of 62,963
Don't think this is like EQ - the manufacturer doesn't know what ear shapes we have, hence all the different (ear) tips... :beyersmile:
😃 my point being, we're mucking with the original recipe, of course many times there's an improvement....
👍
Nature left me with almost impossible to fit ear holes. If Darwin's correct, we'll all have perfect little ear holes, several generations from now.. All due to IEM's!!

Feb 20, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #51,314 of 62,963
Well the screen is the best in the buessniess, at least in my opinion after I compared my 5 IV with the new S23.

Camera is also great, unless you want the very best point and shoot. But again I prefer the colors of the Xperia compared to Samsung, looks more like a DSRL.

The 3,5 jack is useful for many other scenarios like if you need an external mic when filming.

I brought up the SD card since it was a debate in previous post, regardless if its music or photos, it feels good to have the extra storage. Especially considering it was removed for no viable reason from every other flagship.
TBH Sony's flagship phone is just not as good as Apple and Samsung's or even Xiaomi's ultra series. Camera is just not as good as Samsung or even pixel, battery life is awful, system is unpolished, 4k screen is a mostly a gimmic since the ppi of a 2k samsung screen is high enough, brightness is lower than samsung, the dynamich referesh rate implementation is also garb. As a 20 year Sony fan I can't even stand it, let alone the general public.

Feb 20, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #51,315 of 62,963

Darn.. It must be noisy going to the garden 😅

Nowadays that i have been accustomed using ANC daily, using just passive isolation sounded noisy to me..there's that low freq muffled rumble that becomes apparent and distracting.

So i either use ANC on or ambient mode on my TWSs, never using ANC off/just passive isolation, well unless i really need to preserve some battery life, which is rare nowadays

Users who are viewing this thread

Back