Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 20, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #50,326 of 62,408
Which TWS would you say had the best most expansive soundstage?
Of the new ones, I really like the Nuratrue Pro and the Campfire Audio Orbit. Mystique enroute, will no doubt post something about them. I'll be getting the Orbit again soon. Had an issue with the touch sensors. They're very surprising. Separation and stage is excellent. That said, they're no frills - ANC, Transparency.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #50,327 of 62,408
Of the new ones, I really like the Nuratrue Pro and the Cambridge Audio Orbit. Mystique enroute, will no doubt post something about them. I'll be getting the Orbit again soon. Had an issue with the touch sensors. They're very surprising. Separation and stage is excellent. That said, they're no frills - ANC, Transparency.
..... Campfire :p

Jan 20, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #50,328 of 62,408
Jan 20, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #50,329 of 62,408
speaking of going wireless with your IEM’s…

Has anyone ever encountered firmware updates for the Chinese QingYin MMCX Bluetooth upgrade cables?

I bought the QingYin-5171 which should feature aptX Lossless but it won’t connect to my aptX Lossless smartphone with any Qualcomm codec. It works fine with an aptX Adaptive transmitter dongle.

There now seems to be a revised version available now adding LDAC to the mix and on Chinese sites there is a reference to now connecting to smartphones. Apparently it also identifies as the QingYin-5171. Would be nice if mine was just a firmware update away from this.

I’ve tried searching and asking sellers on Ali but no joy so far.

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #50,330 of 62,408
Of the new ones, I really like the Nuratrue Pro and the Campfire Audio Orbit. Mystique enroute, will no doubt post something about them. I'll be getting the Orbit again soon. Had an issue with the touch sensors. They're very surprising. Separation and stage is excellent. That said, they're no frills - ANC, Transparency.
Agreed 💯 on the Orbits. I occasionally have to connect them manually (usually after I use connection hogs like the xm4s) and the app seems to only want to work on Wi-Fi rather than cellular. But the soundstage and instrument separation make the inconvenience irrelevant. These are of a quality unmatched except by the Fokus Pro

Jan 20, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #50,331 of 62,408
Hmmm, what's the general feel on audio46 vs bloom audio? Is Audio46 most people's preferred vendor, and if so, for any particular reason?
I have bought from both Bloom and Audio46. As @scubaphish mentioned, you can save on some sales taxes with Bloom (if outside of NJ). However, Audio 46 does have a loyalty program. Bloom also sends coupons once in a while. Both ship very quickly. I do find Audio 46 has a wider selection of gear that I am personally interested in and I work in NYC so it is easy for me to stop in but I check both websites when I am looking to purchase. I prefer to buy from either store vs. Amazon or another big retailer since they are smaller local shops (Audio 46 is in NY and Bloom is in NJ).

Just based on my own research, bloom doesn’t charge sales tax went sent to NYC, but Audio46 does.
Bloom charges a 10% restocking fee on returns but Audio46 does not.
Lastly, I went through most of a purchase without finishing in Bloom and they sent me a 5% off discount code.

Edit: completed my order with Bloom and already have a shipping number with estimated delivery of tomorrow!
Don't forget the candy Bloom usually sends!

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #50,333 of 62,408
I have bought from both Bloom and Audio46. As @scubaphish mentioned, you can save on some sales taxes with Bloom (if outside of NJ). However, Audio 46 does have a loyalty program. Bloom also sends coupons once in a while. Both ship very quickly. I do find Audio 46 has a wider selection of gear that I am personally interested in and I work in NYC so it is easy for me to stop in but I check both websites when I am looking to purchase. I prefer to buy from either store vs. Amazon or another big retailer since they are smaller local shops (Audio 46 is in NY and Bloom is in NJ).

Don't forget the candy Bloom usually sends!
I have dealt with Audio46 for a long time. Very reliable,

Jan 20, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #50,334 of 62,408
Status pro look interesting but they missed the boat on a few things.

1. BT 5.2 in 2023. Should be 5.3. also no mention of codec but seems not to have hi res.

2. ANC only 38 DB when companies now pushing 48.

But if they sound great and can do LDAC( unsure) or hi res might be worth a listen given 3 driver setup.
All excellent points, their price is also too steep especially given they are brand new and have no reviews yet. I personally will be waiting for reviews and customer experience PLUS the inevitable sale... I bought the original Staus Between Pro and have to admit they don't get much use... The sound is OK but not nearly as open as I was hoping it would be. Just shows the challenge of stuffing so much tech into a small shell and what that translates to in actual performance.

Glad to see they have an app and EQ now, wonder if they will make that backwards compatible with the older model? Probably wishful thinking but it would be nice...

Jan 20, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #50,335 of 62,408
Status pro look interesting but they missed the boat on a few things.

1. BT 5.2 in 2023. Should be 5.3. also no mention of codec but seems not to have hi res.

2. ANC only 38 DB when companies now pushing 48.

But if they sound great and can do LDAC( unsure) or hi res might be worth a listen given 3 driver setup.
All excellent points, their price is also too steep especially given they are brand new and have no reviews yet. I personally will be waiting for reviews and customer experience PLUS the inevitable sale... I bought the original Staus Between Pro and have to admit they don't get much use... The sound is OK but not nearly as open as I was hoping it would be. Just shows the challenge of stuffing so much tech into a small shell and what that translates to in actual performance.

Glad to see they have an app and EQ now, wonder if they will make that backwards compatible with the older model? Probably wishful thinking but it would be nice...
These are pretty old now. Unless there's a new model and I missed it. Buddy of mine had them and didn't like them. Lot of buzz a year or more ago about them here on the chain. I've seem them as low as $99 recently.

Jan 20, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #50,336 of 62,408
Jan 20, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #50,337 of 62,408
Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #50,338 of 62,408
Nice! Thanks. Looks like they added a bunch of stuff. Sorta like what Nura did -- i.e add what their first gen was missing!
Here's a 10% off code for those who want to go for it: PLASTICSCOT

Jan 20, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #50,339 of 62,408
Been a while since I put in the GB2P so thought they needed some love tonight and they had an update available. It has stuff I could take advantage of if I owned one of Samsung's fold/flip phones so can just ignore those features. Not sure what if anything improved but turned on the spatial audio feature and listening to some Atmos music off Amazon and enjoying to expand sound.

I love being able to switch sounds by just switching buds... A damn expensive fix but a fun one none the less :xf_cool: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back