Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 20, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #50,311 of 62,408
I think it only added an Alt Touch Control Mode, like a Full Mode and Partial Mode it still is not letting you customise controls, but I have option to disable the buttons etc.

EDIT:

Controls now has 2 pre-set modes: Complete and Focus.

Android App is 2.8.0 Build 1531

Screenshot_20230120-093651.png

Screenshot_20230120-093655.png

Screenshot_20230120-093121.png

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #50,312 of 62,408
I think it only added an Alt Touch Control Mode, like a Full Mode and Partial Mode it still is not letting you customise controls, but I have option to disable the buttons etc.

Controls now has 2 modes: Complete and Focus.

Android App is 2.8.0 Build 1531

Screenshot_20230120-093121.png
Thanks for the speedy reply! Turns out I had to disconnect / reconnect the buds to make those changes appear!

Jan 20, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #50,313 of 62,408
Will not be audiophile grade on Bluetooth (not aptX Lossless AFAIK) and that would be claimed with lowest Codec and 50% Vol unless otherwise stated.

Even FiiO manage longer on the FW5 with 3 speakers and an Amp in each earbud.

Inclined to agree somewhat

I recently got the Kublai Khan (best thing ever and first iem) and my impression is that tws is less held back by codec than we think. It feels more like a lack of driving power. Less advanced drivers more space taken up by battery and chips. I think the future of TWS (without knowing anything) will be improved with more powerful components.

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #50,314 of 62,408
Alright, I took delivery of the Nuratech Pro and transmitter last night. Overall impressions.

The technology is pretty awesome. Ease of use in the app is very good. Personalized sound is super fun and mine sound great. I'd say they are the best bluetooth earphones I've heard and I also have the Sony's.

The noise cancelling hurts my ears. I have the same issue with Bose. It's a pressure like being underwater or descending on a flight. Sony and airpods thankfully don't do it to me.

Comfort is not great. I tried both wings and sans wings. They are most comfortable sans wings but it's still not good.

They also don't quite fit in the charging case with the tips I use. (the tips it comes with aren't good imo)

So overall, they are a return for me.

Jan 20, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #50,315 of 62,408
Thank you, it 's $175 after the discount in Canada which is not bad considering the difference in the dollar! It offer to redirect to Canada when you open the link.

How much difference in sound and features between this model and the new model?

I have both. The ANC on the QCII is amazing. If you have a need for ANC, this is the one to get.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #50,316 of 62,408
I have both. The ANC on the QCII is amazing. If you have a need for ANC, this is the one to get.
Interesting, I currently have 3 ANC TWS, WF-1000XM4, JBL Live Pro 2, and Galaxy BUds 2 Pro and have had several others I have sold off. For me ANC on what I own is more than good enough on all 3 as I need it more for urban living than planes etc.

I actually appreciate really well done Ambient modes than ANC as I have work and home situation where hearing others talking to me is important. I also value comfort and good battery life.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #50,318 of 62,408
Hmmm, what's the general feel on audio46 vs bloom audio? Is Audio46 most people's preferred vendor, and if so, for any particular reason?
I’ve never used Bloom. Usually use Audio46 and Headphones.com. The former has a rewards system so it’s nice to get some money to use towards other purchases. Not sure if Bloom does as well. In essence, no particular reason. Never had issues with either. They are kinda and receptive to date.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #50,320 of 62,408
The Nuratrue Pro blow away the XM4 imo. Sound is spot on. ANC on the XM4 is stellar. Mystique will be similar to the Fokus Pro in sound, but with a few extras like Transparency. A lot of us on here will have both. If you want features, get the NTP. If you want Sound, wait for the Mystique. That said, I've had both the NTP and the Fokus Pro. Sold the NFP and still have the NTP. I'll def get the Mystique because of the driver config. I'll also keep my NTP. If you're used to the XM4, you may prefer something with similar features that the NTP provides. The Mystique won't have much outside of great sound. If you can, score the NTP off Amazon so you have that great return policy. You'd have to hear for your self. The soundstage and sub-bass in the Nuratrue Pro blows me away ever time I put them in. I love them.

Which TWS would you say had the best most expansive soundstage?

Jan 20, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #50,321 of 62,408
Hmmm, what's the general feel on audio46 vs bloom audio? Is Audio46 most people's preferred vendor, and if so, for any particular reason?
Just based on my own research, bloom doesn’t charge sales tax went sent to NYC, but Audio46 does.
Bloom charges a 10% restocking fee on returns but Audio46 does not.
Lastly, I went through most of a purchase without finishing in Bloom and they sent me a 5% off discount code.

Edit: completed my order with Bloom and already have a shipping number with estimated delivery of tomorrow!

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #50,322 of 62,408
Bad news. APP2 arrived with a missing screen and they sound terrible. Something is definitely wrong. It’s weird my iPhone recognizes and the serial number them but it says no coverage for warranty. Guessing I got scammed. They are definitely defective. They look and feel legit however. Maybe a knock off?
Just closing the loop on my purchase of these APP2 I’m pretty sure they’re fake. The startup screen when pairing the first time says “these are not your AirPods” and you need to press the back. My understanding is start up should just go into pairing mode without that message.

@clerkpalmer did you ever pick up the replacements at apple?

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #50,323 of 62,408
Status pro look interesting but they missed the boat on a few things.

1. BT 5.2 in 2023. Should be 5.3. also no mention of codec but seems not to have hi res.

2. ANC only 38 DB when companies now pushing 48.

But if they sound great and can do LDAC( unsure) or hi res might be worth a listen given 3 driver setup.

Jan 20, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #50,325 of 62,408
Not sure this was discussed earlier as i just skipped the last 55 pages but my XM4s where part of a fw update that Sony messed up where it brought my Battery life from about a 5 hour average to about 30ish minutes. My XM4s where definitely out of warranty but Sony is replacing them as we speak cuz it was there fault. If anyone else gets this issue Sony is being a good sport about it and replacing them with no hassle. Hopefully I'll be getting them next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back