Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 22, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #46,816 of 62,616
No pressure but I will refresh every 30 seconds until your impressions are posted.
I can't wait for your take on the H-ANC. I have had my eyes on them for a couple weeks (just not purple! Waiting for the blue)
One bug right away. When I change button settings on the buds themselves, they don't take to the buds. I did see they had an app bugs update today. Evidently, that didn't work. I'll try resetting the buds. That said, the default taps work fine (learning curve) but I prefer my own settings. (EDIT: reset the buds, deleted and reinstalled the app and now I can customize the taps). The app functions exactly like the FoKus Pro (same app). Sub bass is great with a flat EQ. ANC is decent. Not earth shattering. Comparable to the 1More EVO which were stunningly good and have better ANC at 42db. These have a little less ANC, but different tips may help add passive isolation. They block out all my fans, outdoor ambiance, etc. Purple is surprisingly beautiful. I'm not a purple guy, but these have a nice purple matte finish that helps prevent fingerprints. Case is plastic. Thin and light. Not awful, but def not as premium as the Pro. Which was expected. I truly wish these had wireless charging. They do not. Knew that going in. Going in for the kill with a new Megadeth track and these things do a great job. Nice soundstage, sub bass is great. Good detail. Mind you, I have not messed with any EQ yet. I will soon. Moved to the new Ghost album. Love how it's mixed. Sub bass is excellent with the Fokus H-ANC. Fit is perfect for my ears. Even with the stock tips that came installed. Took one phone call and the caller said I sounded loud and clear. Honeymoon phase has commenced!

Attachments

• 5ACA9DA5-806E-4A80-B9D9-B67521299E64.jpeg
    5ACA9DA5-806E-4A80-B9D9-B67521299E64.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 681627C5-21BB-4E25-9056-449D50960861.jpeg
    681627C5-21BB-4E25-9056-449D50960861.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #46,818 of 62,616
Jul 22, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #46,819 of 62,616
One bug right away. When I change button settings on the buds themselves, they don't take to the buds. I did see they had an app bugs update today. Evidently, that didn't work. I'll try resetting the buds. That said, the default taps work fine (learning curve) but I prefer my own settings. (EDIT: reset the buds, deleted and reinstalled the app and now I can customize the taps). The app functions exactly like the FoKus Pro (same app). Sub bass is great with a flat EQ. ANC is decent. Not earth shattering. Comparable to the 1More EVO which were stunningly good and have better ANC at 42db. These have a little less ANC, but different tips may help add passive isolation. They block out all my fans, outdoor ambiance, etc. Purple is surprisingly beautiful. I'm not a purple guy, but these have a nice purple matte finish that helps prevent fingerprints. Case is plastic. Thin and light. Not awful, but def not as premium as the Pro. Which was expected. I truly wish these had wireless charging. They do not. Knew that going in. Going in for the kill with a new Megadeth track and these things do a great job. Nice soundstage, sub bass is great. Good detail. Mind you, I have not messed with any EQ yet. I will soon. Moved to the new Ghost album. Love how it's mixed. Sub bass is excellent with the Fokus H-ANC. Fit is perfect for my ears. Even with the stock tips that came installed. Took one phone call and the called said I sounded loud and clear. Honeymoon phase has commenced!
How’s the fit?

Jul 22, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #46,820 of 62,616
My relationships do not last long enough to need one?
One bug right away. When I change button settings on the buds themselves, they don't take to the buds. I did see they had an app bugs update today. Evidently, that didn't work. I'll try resetting the buds. That said, the default taps work fine (learning curve) but I prefer my own settings. (EDIT: reset the buds, deleted and reinstalled the app and now I can customize the taps). The app functions exactly like the FoKus Pro (same app). Sub bass is great with a flat EQ. ANC is decent. Not earth shattering. Comparable to the 1More EVO which were stunningly good and have better ANC at 42db. These have a little less ANC, but different tips may help add passive isolation. They block out all my fans, outdoor ambiance, etc. Purple is surprisingly beautiful. I'm not a purple guy, but these have a nice purple matte finish that helps prevent fingerprints. Case is plastic. Thin and light. Not awful, but def not as premium as the Pro. Which was expected. I truly wish these had wireless charging. They do not. Knew that going in. Going in for the kill with a new Megadeth track and these things do a great job. Nice soundstage, sub bass is great. Good detail. Mind you, I have not messed with any EQ yet. I will soon. Moved to the new Ghost album. Love how it's mixed. Sub bass is excellent with the Fokus H-ANC. Fit is perfect for my ears. Even with the stock tips that came installed. Took one phone call and the called said I sounded loud and clear. Honeymoon phase has commenced!
Ordered.

Jul 22, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #46,821 of 62,616
So, Free Byrd owners, how iffy is the fit? I really want to pull the trigger but I often have issues with fit with only the best designed TWS usually staying put. I don't need to go running with them but I do want to move around with them. Am I likely to be disappointed?
Well, they're big. That alone can be an issue for some ears. Personally, no problems here whatsoever, though. Nobody can tell you how it will work for your ears. They're comfortable and stable for me. Surprisingly so even. Totally happy with them.

Jul 22, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #46,822 of 62,616
How’s the fit?
I think I lightly touched on fit above. They're similar to those Bragi Dash buds. Those fit me incredibly well. IMO, these are the best fitting Noble TWS yet. But again, that's just me. Just did the personalized EQ process and kicked them up a notch. If you like how Jim tunes, you shouldn't be disappointed by the sound of these.

Jul 22, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #46,823 of 62,616
How are they comparing to your EX?

Kind of asking because I just returned from vacation and picked up the Sony XM4 because I wanted to hear what God-tier ANC was like for the flight.

After owning the EX, XM4, TW3 and others, I have to say it is difficult to hold a candle to the sound quality of the EX.

The Sony's sound good, and their ANC is great, I missed multi-point or the EX though on the flight. My S22 Ultra has no storage card, so I used one of my DAPs to listen to, while in air, and I couldn't use the Sony app and the DAP at the same time. The DAP is not open Android so I couldn't download the app on the DAP
I prefer them over the EX, all things considered.
Sound is amazing on both but the sound personalization gives them the edge to me personally. Love the sound, I really do. Battery life is better as well. I can operate them better as I prefer the bigger touch surfaces. They're pretty much bug free as well. ANC and transparency are comparable on both, as is call quality. Got them for almost half the price of the EX (206€ vs. 399€). Much better bang for the buck, imo.

However, the EX are better built, have a nicer case, probably the more universal fit for more ears and multipoint bluetooth.

It really comes down to the fit, I would say...

Jul 22, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #46,824 of 62,616
I prefer them over the EX, all things considered.
Sound is amazing on both but the sound personalization gives them the edge to me personally. Love the sound, I really do. Battery life is better as well. I can operate them better as I prefer the bigger touch surfaces. They're pretty much bug free as well. ANC and transparency are comparable on both, as is call quality. Got them for almost half the price of the EX (206€ vs. 399€). Much better bang for the buck, imo.

However, the EX are better built, have a nicer case, probably the more universal fit for more ears and multipoint bluetooth.

It really comes down to the fit, I would say...
You forgot IP57 on the EX again :p

Jul 22, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #46,825 of 62,616
You forgot IP57 on the EX again :p
Damn :wink: Well, it's not much of an everyday issue for me, maybe that's why. Good to have for sure, though. Never had an issue with any TWS because of their low/high whatever IP rating, honestly. Still, higher is better, so that's a plus for the EX.

Jul 22, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #46,826 of 62,616
I think I lightly touched on fit above. They're similar to those Bragi Dash buds. Those fit me incredibly well. IMO, these are the best fitting Noble TWS yet. But again, that's just me. Just did the personalized EQ process and kicked them up a notch. If you like how Jim tunes, you shouldn't be disappointed by the sound of these.
Yeah you did. My bad. Yeah bragi had the fit down pretty well. I’m glad they changed the shell and presumably the nozzle.

Jul 22, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #46,827 of 62,616
Damn :wink: Well, it's not much of an everyday issue for me, maybe that's why. Good to have for sure, though. Never had an issue with any TWS because of their low/high whatever IP rating, honestly. Still, higher is better, so that's a plus for the EX.
Funny you say that. I live in Florida and float around in the pool with the EX. Someone asked me about them and when I told them they were $400 they couldn't believe I was in the pool with them.

Jul 22, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #46,828 of 62,616
Funny you say that. I live in Florida and float around in the pool with the EX. Someone asked me about them and when I told them they were $400 they couldn't believe I was in the pool with them.
I've just looked around and couldn't find any pool. I think I'm good :D

Jul 22, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #46,829 of 62,616
Yeah you did. My bad. Yeah bragi had the fit down pretty well. I’m glad they changed the shell and presumably the nozzle.
These are definitely using a Bragi-type inner shell without the sensors.

1658525875292.png

1658526068714.png

Jul 22, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #46,830 of 62,616
I'll have to try my EX in the pool with my toddler. I grabbed some Jaybird Vista 2s for $99 on Prime Day for this purpose, but the BT connection isn't very stable after a bit of travel. Accidentally went under though and they survived. BT connection reconnected right away. I would surely not do that with my EX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back