Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 23, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #45,646 of 62,084
You're not the only one. I'm experiencing weird draining issues. For instance, fully charged, but then my left bud was at 90 and I hadn't even used them. I've see the case drain too. I'm hoping they get a firmware update out there that helps this. It's not often to bother me because I have a rotation. But still, it is odd and a bug.
Yeah I think the case is draining on its own Not good for $400.

May 23, 2022 at 11:03 PM Post #45,650 of 62,084
Oh interesting. The AKG tws work like this too. I don't have the Technics anymore but do have the AKG. I'm not expecting much from the Sonys, but also grabbed the new XM5 cans for the flight as well. LAX to EWR is a long trip with an almost 4 year old. I'll report back if they work well or not at all.
4 year old with a pair of XM5 quite a sight 😃

May 24, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #45,651 of 62,084
May 24, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #45,652 of 62,084
4 year old with a pair of XM5 quite a sight 😃
The XM5 are not for a 4 year old. The XM5 are to not hear a 4 year old. ANC - Alleviate Noisy Children. :smile_phones:

May 24, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #45,653 of 62,084
Ex owners, do you find the case battery drains quickly? Nothing scientific but I find myself having a dead case quite a bit even without a ton of use. Thanks.
I'm sorta miffed by the battery drainage on the EX, both case and phones. I mean, not to the point where I wake them up and they're at 20%. I just thought there'd be a lot more in the reserve; especially considering I charge them whenever I'm done with them. I'm hoping a firmware update addresses this. It's not a 'problem' but as someone said, for $400, not cool.

May 24, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #45,654 of 62,084
I'm sorta miffed by the battery drainage on the EX, both case and phones. I mean, not to the point where I wake them up and they're at 20%. I just thought there'd be a lot more in the reserve; especially considering I charge them whenever I'm done with them. I'm hoping a firmware update addresses this. It's not a 'problem' but as someone said, for $400, not cool.
Have other TWS units that do not suffer this and may lose 5% charge in a week of no use but never deplete the battery of the TWS units and the case. As I am also one that charges the TWS units 100% after using

May 24, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #45,655 of 62,084
May 24, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #45,656 of 62,084
Have other TWS units that do not suffer this and may lose 5% charge in a week of no use but never deplete the battery of the TWS units and the case. As I am also one that charges the TWS units 100% after using
I’m wondering if this is an app/software issue and not a earbud/case issue because they just updated the app yesterday. After they did so, I noticed different numbers for the battery charge. Before the update the numbers were different. 🤷

Last edited:
May 24, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #45,657 of 62,084
I’m wondering if this is an app/software issue and not a earbud/case issue because they just updated the app yesterday. After they did so, I noticed different numbers for the battery charge. Before the update the numbers were different. 🤷
That's an interesting thought that I never considered. I suppose the app could misrepresent the facts. Although I'm on Android and my app hasn't been updated since 3/31/22. However, I just joined the Beta program for the app so I should have an updated app soon and I should be able to report if I find any differences.

May 24, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #45,659 of 62,084
That's an interesting thought that I never considered. I suppose the app could misrepresent the facts. Although I'm on Android and my app hasn't been updated since 3/31/22. However, I just joined the Beta program for the app so I should have an updated app soon and I should be able to report if I find any differences.
Oh cool. Looking forward to hearing if the beta solves anything.

I reset/restored mine last night around 9pm, repaired them and this after being in the case all night at 730am they're still at L 100%, R 100% and C 98%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back