Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 25, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #4,531 of 62,579
Thanks for the pictures, it seems you managed to find alternate tips for the 65t's?

@rhsauer - good to hear the E12 perform well. What kind of isolation do they provide? The X12 are unique in that they are open and are ideal for running as they avoid the dreaded "thumping" and don't need a transparency mode :wink:

I might try the Airpod sleeves then, will have to track down the AliExpress link that was given in early January.

Jan 25, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #4,532 of 62,579
@rhsauer
Great comparison. I've personally managed to test the MTW and the Sabbat E12 and they sound amazing.
Would you be able to comment on the audio-video delay on those 3 models? For both videos and games, if you are able to. Cheers
I can't comment on gaming latency because I'm not a gamer, but I have used all three models to listen to television using Roku's "Private Listening" function (via my iPhone) and I can say that all three had very little noticeable latency. (My Jabra 65T's were considerably worse when I tried the same thing a few months ago, but I don't know if there have been any firmware updates to the Jabras or the Roku TV that may have helped with latency.) The MTW's have aptx low latency, but iPhone doesn't support that -- so this is just WiFi from the television to the iPhone and AAC from the iPhone to the earphones. (All of these 'phones support AAC.)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #4,533 of 62,579
@rhsauer - good to hear the E12 perform well. What kind of isolation do they provide? The X12 are unique in that they are open and are ideal for running as they avoid the dreaded "thumping" and don't need a transparency mode :wink:

I switched the tips on the E12's to the largest SpinFit tips. With those, the isolation is pretty good. They're not a deep insertion type earphone, so they don't seem to provide quite as much isolation as other earphones. (On the other hand, their relatively shallow insertion is one reason they are extraordinary comfortable.) I'm not sure they provide enough isolation to rely on them for a long plane trip, but they're perfectly fine for a morning commute on the NY subway. I've tried the X12's (for ten minutes -- they didn't really fit me), and the E12's provide better isolation, for me at least.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #4,534 of 62,579
ok and yes that would be normal as the X12 provide zero isolation by design which is great for running :wink: I'm not sure I'm reading your previous answer correctly but the X12 don't support AAC so I don't think the E12 would either. As another side note I happened to use my 65T with my iPad this morning while watching YouTube and there was very little delay (still a tad noticeable like any other BT I've used) so FW updates must have improved on what you saw in the past.

Jan 25, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #4,535 of 62,579
ok and yes that would be normal as the X12 provide zero isolation by design which is great for running :wink: I'm not sure I'm reading your previous answer correctly but the X12 don't support AAC so I don't think the E12 would either. As another side note I happened to use my 65T with my iPad this morning while watching YouTube and there was very little delay (still a tad noticeable like any other BT I've used) so FW updates must have improved on what you saw in the past.
The Sabbat E12 do connect to my iMac via AAC. See attached screenshot. They don’t seem to publicize this (on the Amazon page, at least).

15400CAA-8975-4024-9513-35266323D80D.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #4,536 of 62,579
The touch controls are... just OK. They're easy to figure out, but they're physical buttons and are a little too hard to press. You end up pushing it the earpiece in your ear a bit. It's a bit harder to push than the Jabra, which I thought had a softer actuation.

The Liberty Lites have that same setup. There is something satisfying about the physical button presses - you know it was pressed the right number of times. But you do have to press harder than a "touch surface." So putting them in the same place as the touch surface seems poorly thought out.

So I just listened to the new Ankers - the "Libery Air" - the ones that look almost as silly as the Airpods. Based on that alone I had a hard time not hating them off the bat.

After a 45-minute listen I can say definitively that the cheaper (and IMHO, much better looking) Liberty Lites sound MUCH better. Better detail and clarity, less "enhanced" high-end sibilance, tighter bass - just better sound all around.

I think that in the sub-$100 market (and they occasionally go for under $50), the Liberty Lites are hard to beat.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #4,537 of 62,579
The Liberty Lites have that same setup. There is something satisfying about the physical button presses - you know it was pressed the right number of times. But you do have to press harder than a "touch surface." So putting them in the same place as the touch surface seems poorly thought out.

Yeah I prefer physical buttons to the capacitive touch buttons on the MTW, which I accidentally pressed all the time just taking them out of their damn case. I thought the Bose had the best placement with the buttons along the edge, although those were waaaaay too stiff to actuate due to the waterproofing rubber layer. I think the Jabras had the best overall with the buttons still being on the face of each earpiece, but the button being much easier to press and the left button being on a rocker.

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #4,538 of 62,579
The Sabbat E12 do connect to my iMac via AAC. See attached screenshot. They don’t seem to publicize this (on the Amazon page, at least).

Interesting, am I confusing them with my Havit G1...ah yes, sorry my bad, the X12 do connect using AAC to my Nokia 9 running Pie.

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #4,539 of 62,579
I think I'm expecting too much from TW earphones at the moment. I'm not expecting the experience which an exceptional pair of headphones or setup can provide at home. I want a TW that performs like the SE425, AKG N40.....

Since I spend at least 90 minutes of my day in a gym - longer than I would at home listening to music, I want to really polish up my listening experience.

I've been spoiled by headphones such as the PM-2, HD800, Fidelio X2.......

Maybe the answer would be planar magnetic TW earphones - RHA are you listening?
Maybe we will see a great advancement in the next high-end releases from Sennheiser, M&D, Earin later this year or early next.

I should* stop following this thread and be happy with the Earin M2 + cp100 and check back in 6 months. That won't happen though. What is wrong with me?!?

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #4,541 of 62,579

I imagine the DAC is more the bottleneck than the driver. It's gonna be a while until we have a DAC this small that can pump out the clear, detailed sound we'd expect from dedicated units.

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #4,542 of 62,579
I think I'm expecting too much from TW earphones at the moment. I'm not expecting the experience which an exceptional pair of headphones or setup can provide at home. I want a TW that performs like the SE425, AKG N40.....

Since I spend at least 90 minutes of my day in a gym - longer than I would at home listening to music, I want to really polish up my listening experience.

I've been spoiled by headphones such as the PM-2, HD800, Fidelio X2.......

Maybe we will see a great advancement in the next high-end releases from Sennheiser, M&D, Earin later this year or early next.

I should* stop following this thread and be happy with the Earin M2 + cp100 and check back in 6 months. That won't happen though. What is wrong with me?!?

If you want high fidelity at the gym, perhaps consider pairing your wired headphones with an Earstudio ES100. I recently picked up a Brainwavz B400 and pair it with an ES100. I thought I "needed" a decent wired IEM from to time. Interestingly , while the B400 is very nice, I think I prefer the MW07.

Jan 25, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #4,544 of 62,579
Anyone with the Earin M2s use there's at the gym and if so do they stay in if you sweet bad? Im tired of my Jaybird Runs for gym use.

I use them at the gym. As far as fit, they are crazy light and unnoticeable, but since they fit kind of straight on occasionally one will fall out. This doesn't happen with the stock complys, but does with the Spinfits. To me the stock complys are a little dark and bassy. So if you like bass they'd be ideal.

As far as sweat goes, they have gotten sweated on to the point that they are wet, but not like under a faucet or anything.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #4,545 of 62,579
If you want high fidelity at the gym, perhaps consider pairing your wired headphones with an Earstudio ES100. I recently picked up a Brainwavz B400 and pair it with an ES100. I thought I "needed" a decent wired IEM from to time. Interestingly , while the B400 is very nice, I think I prefer the MW07.

I just can't go back to using cables at the gym, they are especially annoying when any sort of machine is involved.

Anyone with the Earin M2s use there's at the gym and if so do they stay in if you sweet bad? Im tired of my Jaybird Runs for gym use.

M2s are perfect for the gym, they are supremely comfortable - by far the most comfortable buds since it's just the earbud.

I pair them with the spinfit cp100 medium, they don't fall out even when running. Fit was great with the comply tips provided, but the cp100 tips really transform the sound (highly recommend).

I don't think I could get them to fall out even if I tried

I imagine the DAC is more the bottleneck than the driver. It's gonna be a while until we have a DAC this small that can pump out the clear, detailed sound we'd expect from dedicated units.

I'm not too sure, maybe future flagship smartphones will bring these enhancements like LG V30s Quad DAC - this only works with wired headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back