Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 8, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #43,666 of 62,443
Soundpeats Mini Pro Review Up.

In short, better than the T2, but ANC is still a bit weak. Sound is pretty good for the price but going back to Bluetooth from IEM's is always a bit sobering, still you gotta give it Soundpeats for releasing a new bud every time the tech allows for it!
I think Soundpeats does a good job, on most, models for value to price. The only ones I'm not sure they good value are the H1, H2, and other buds over $50US. This is more because other similar brands offer more features for the price.

I will say, their customer service is pretty good. They do try to work with you if you have an issue, either with refunds, replacements, or discounts. I've gotten some deep discounts and refunds over the ear filters coming off. I was able to use them to the H1 around $45US.

I haven't tried their OTE headset. Since it's the first version, I'm guessing it'll be solid, but almost forgettable. Probably hard find something similar at the price point

Mar 9, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #43,668 of 62,443
Mar 9, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #43,669 of 62,443
Soundpeats Mini Pro Review Up.

In short, better than the T2, but ANC is still a bit weak. Sound is pretty good for the price but going back to Bluetooth from IEM's is always a bit sobering, still you gotta give it Soundpeats for releasing a new bud every time the tech allows for it!
Nice! I received mine only 2 days ago. Not sure how I feel about them yet, they sure pack a lot for that price point.

Mar 9, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #43,670 of 62,443
Update on Linkbuds. So far I am really enjoying them for tv audio at night. Very minimal leakage. When wearing them sometimes I can't tell if I am listening to the tv audio in the room or the buds. Music does sound as described. Terrible. Could definitely be louder and more bassy. I found the highest 3 notches on my Fold 3 to be a reduction in sound quality/volume. 75% sounded better. Same crap that happended with the XM4's where they are attenuated after 75%. But, I didn't get them for music. They work perfectly for background music with a portal to the outside world. Just using them listening to music in the kitchen, I could hear my surroundings and roommates talk. No problems with fit or comfort. Using the large size and they are super comfy and no pressure or discomfort.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #43,671 of 62,443
How's the Linkbuds compare to the Samsung buds/bean in sound quality? I've watched several YouTube reviews saying that the Beans have better sound, maybe folks here can confirm or counter that?

Mar 9, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #43,672 of 62,443
That certainly describes the problem I'm experiencing, thanks. I'll work on it tonight.

Annoying that you can't see them in the app when they're in the case, supposedly charging. Oh well.
Well, my Melomania Touch came back to life -- after a lot of fiddling with them in the case I finally got the red LED to come on.

After a while I took them out, paired them, and checked in the app. Right module had 96% power, Left was 11%. Right now I'm at 100% left and 93% right. Seems odd that the two modules don't have the same charge considering that they have always been used, stored and charged together. I guess there's some randomness involved.

So @bladefd gets the trophy for figuring out my problem -- bad connection to charging in the case led to one module running flat. Apparently, in that case (battery completely flat) behavior is ... unpredictable :)

Anyway, thanks to all who helped.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #43,673 of 62,443
Well, my Melomania Touch came back to life -- after a lot of fiddling with them in the case I finally got the red LED to come on.

After a while I took them out, paired them, and checked in the app. Right module had 96% power, Left was 11%. Right now I'm at 100% left and 93% right. Seems odd that the two modules don't have the same charge considering that they have always been used, stored and charged together. I guess there's some randomness involved.

So @bladefd gets the trophy for figuring out my problem -- bad connection to charging in the case led to one module running flat. Apparently, in that case (battery completely flat) behavior is ... unpredictable :)

Anyway, thanks to all who helped.
Whichever one you pull out first will the the master, and because of that it will be the one that drains much faster than the other.

Glad you got your problem solved. :)

Mar 9, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #43,674 of 62,443
Whichever one you pull out first will the the master, and because of that it will be the one that drains much faster than the other.

Glad you got your problem solved. :)
It automatically switches master buds when the battery levels are too unbalanced to make up for the faster battery drain.

Mar 9, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #43,675 of 62,443
It automatically switches master buds when the battery levels are too unbalanced to make up for the faster battery drain.
I would agree that that is what the "official" word is on how they function, but in my experience, the battery on the master can get really low before this happens, I've seen it as low as 30% (though I have not seen it reach as low as 11% while the other was almost full, for example).

But, I would also submit that when brand new, the batteries might need conditioning a couple of times before they reach their full potential?! On the other hand, maybe he has a problem with them, I can't say with any surety.

Mar 9, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #43,676 of 62,443
I would agree that that is what the "official" word is on how they function, but in my experience, the battery on the master can get really low before this happens, I've seen it as low as 30% (though I have not seen it reach as low as 11% while the other was almost full, for example).

But, I would also submit that when brand new, the batteries might need conditioning a couple of times before they reach their full potential?! On the other hand, maybe he has a problem with them, I can't say with any surety.
Just to close the circle, I believe what happened is that both modules were drained pretty far down and when I put them in the case, I didn't manage to get the Left module charging. So, when I took them out the next morning, the Right module was fully charged, and the Left was still in the nearly discharged state it had been in the night before. And I listened for a while that morning, until the Left was fully discharged. And apparently when a module is fully discharged, the LED doesn't light up when you put it back in the case, leading me to think it was dead.

Mar 9, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #43,677 of 62,443
You know you have good imaging when...

Your walking through a busy grocery store and listening to your music. As your shopping you hear hammering and wonder what they working on in the store and then realize ita the new song that started...

Your walking down the street listening to Pink Floyd and hear a bee and flinch because they scare the crap out of you and then realize it came the song High Hope...

Wor listening to Loreena Mckennit as your walking down the street and hear thunder and check the sky only to realize the song Lullaby just started...

The first story happened tonight using the UTWS5/FH5. The other stories have happened over the years.

Just one of the reasons I love a good IEM or headphone, they just add something new to the music.

Mar 9, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #43,678 of 62,443
What are currently the best wireless earbuds out there, with great battery life and decent ANC?

Mar 9, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #43,679 of 62,443
Just to close the circle, I believe what happened is that both modules were drained pretty far down and when I put them in the case, I didn't manage to get the Left module charging. So, when I took them out the next morning, the Right module was fully charged, and the Left was still in the nearly discharged state it had been in the night before. And I listened for a while that morning, until the Left was fully discharged. And apparently when a module is fully discharged, the LED doesn't light up when you put it back in the case, leading me to think it was dead.
That makes sense. Let us know how they work out for you after you get them "normalized"?! :)

You know you have good imaging when...

Your walking through a busy grocery store and listening to your music. As your shopping you hear hammering and wonder what they working on in the store and then realize ita the new song that started...

Your walking down the street listening to Pink Floyd and hear a bee and flinch because they scare the crap out of you and then realize it came the song High Hope...

Wor listening to Loreena Mckennit as your walking down the street and hear thunder and check the sky only to realize the song Lullaby just started...

The first story happened tonight using the UTWS5/FH5. The other stories have happened over the years.

Just one of the reasons I love a good IEM or headphone, they just add something new to the music.
This could be a perfect public service message! :) I love it!
What are currently the best wireless earbuds out there, with great battery life and decent ANC?
That question is way too general for anyone to be able to (honestly) answer. You might need to provide a bit more information in order for others to be able to better pinpoint what you might be looking for. I could throw out a ton of names that a lot of people say are good, but that doesn't make them good for you.

And, I assume you are talking about in ear TWS, and not actual earbuds? Contrary to popular (consumer) review sites, earbuds are NOT what most searches pull up on Google. :)

Mar 10, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #43,680 of 62,443
And, I assume you are talking about in ear TWS, and not actual earbuds? Contrary to popular (consumer) review sites,
earbuds are NOT what most searches pull up on Google. :)
Oh stop being difficult. :) You know full well they don't mean "earbuds" if they want ANC.

We really need some earbud TWS. Earpod style is not really an earbud. Nor are the Linkbuds cause last I checked there are zero earbuds with a hole in the middle nor would I want that. I know there are some but be nice to have a good one outside of putting a good bud on a FiiO adapter.

In other news Google working on nearfield gesture controls... https://www.techradar.com/news/goog...s-earbuds-could-be-controlled-using-your-skin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back