Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 12, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #42,946 of 62,913
Okay so y'all. If i'm getting a TW adapter, what is my best bet? Think I asked before but in a different matter.
I'm thinking that the Fiio UTWS5 sounds nice but it's not very easily accessible, but I can get the UTWS3, the Shure TW2 (slightly more pricy than I would like though) and the KZ AZ09/AZ10 maaaaybe the AZ09 Pro.

I'm probably not getting any IEM's just yet because I'm kinda broke as a joke, so i'm thinking of getting an adapter first and then bit by bit getting new IEM's, but I want the one that can drive the most IEM's without needing to be tampered with and so on. Feel like most of the IEM's I've looked at are MMCX but i'm not quite sure.
If you are broke, you may just want to get something like the kz az09 pro and buy a solid budget set like the. Cca Cra, KZ edx pro, eh there's too many to list. Anyways that is a route and I can tell you that the az09 pro is very serviceable and even sounds nice. Granted it isn't the utws5 or 3 but they are very good with a nice fit. Just a suggestion. That being said that utws3 is absolutely a great adapter man if that is the route you go. Let me know if you need help choosing some budget iems that are very good

Feb 12, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #42,947 of 62,913
I use a nasal pillow Resmed I think. It works great and I can sleep in my side with it but find its always tricky so end up sleeping on my back most of the time.
The problem with the resmed nasal pillow is that the stem for pumping in the air stays in the front & hangs down by the mouth (if you have the swift fx or p10 - the two I have tried). Dreamwear stays out of the way altogether and to the back of the head. Look into it. I think you will be pleasantly surprised! It's great with tws while sleeping on both side and back.

Resmed makes one just like the Dreamwear, but I never tried it because it was too expensive unfortunately.

Anyways, I don't want to get too far off topic lol

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #42,948 of 62,913
The problem with the resmed nasal pillow is that the stem for pumping in the air stays in the front & hangs down by the mouth (if you have the swift fx or p10 - the two I have tried). Dreamwear stays out of the way altogether and to the back of the head. Look into it. I think you will be pleasantly surprised! It's great with tws while sleeping on both side and back.

Resmed makes one just like the Dreamwear, but I never tried it because it was too expensive unfortunately.

Anyways, I don't want to get too far off topic lol
Have to admit I hate that aspect of this mask. Will look at switching. My mask is old as dirt so need a new one anyway.

Feb 12, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #42,949 of 62,913
AG tws09r

Fellas I just received these tiny lil guys today. Talk about perfect sleep buds. These things are under flush. The case is the smallest case I've ever owned... Tiny. I would say that these most certainly have a Final Audio tuning. I mean they follow the curve to the tee. They are a warm sounding yet resolute pair of earbuds. The Bass has texture and character and seem to play the lead role with these. The Mids come thru fine as they are tuned to the Final signature. The Highs roll off farely quickly as these do lack some air up top... However this can easily be remedied. These do not get crazy loud but loud enough. Just to check I brought the EQ up about 6-9db across the board and these took that like champs without a hint of distortion. You can tell these are nicer drivers within hampered by the tws tech at the $60 price point. I imagine if the same drivers were to be included in a wired setup these have the potential to sound very nice. I promise these do not sound bad... At all. In fact if you eq up the higher frequencies these actually are pretty darn good sounding for $60 tws. As far as fit... Wow these are the most snug fit tws I've tried as they almost get lost in my ear, these are tiny. Take a look at the pics next to the Galaxy Buds Pro, these are Def smaller than those and don't stick out nearly as far. These lack features but are so stinking tiny and the case is the smallest case I've ever had. The case fits perfect in the small extra pocket of my jeans.... I love that. Anywhoo, there ya go... A very nice set of small buds that have awesome build quality and don't sound that bad and are perfect for sleep.

Attachments

• 20220212_154651.jpg
    20220212_154651.jpg
    787.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220212_154655.jpg
    20220212_154655.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220212_154710.jpg
    20220212_154710.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220212_154743.jpg
    20220212_154743.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220212_154805.jpg
    20220212_154805.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220212_154812.jpg
    20220212_154812.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 12, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #42,950 of 62,913
AG tws09r

Fellas I just received these tiny lil guys today. Talk about perfect sleep buds. These things are under flush. The case is the smallest case I've ever owned... Tiny. I would say that these most certainly have a Final Audio tuning. I mean they follow the curve to the tee. They are a warm sounding yet resolute pair of earbuds. The Bass has texture and character and seem to play the lead role with these. The Mids come thru fine as they are tuned to the Final signature. The Highs roll off farely quickly as these do lack some air up top... However this can easily be remedied. These do not get crazy loud but loud enough. Just to check I brought the EQ up about 6-9db across the board and these took that like champs without a hint of distortion. You can tell these are nicer drivers within hampered by the tws tech at the $60 price point. I imagine if the same drivers were to be included in a wired setup these have the potential to sound very nice. I promise these do not sound bad... At all. In fact if you eq up the higher frequencies these actually are pretty darn good sounding for $60 tws. As far as fit... Wow these are the most snug fit tws I've tried as they almost get lost in my ear, these are tiny. Take a look at the pics next to the Galaxy Buds Pro, these are Def smaller than those and don't stick out nearly as far. These lack features but are so stinking tiny and the case is the smallest case I've ever had. The case fits perfect in the small extra pocket of my jeans.... I love that. Anywhoo, there ya go... A very nice set of small buds that have awesome build quality and don't sound that bad and are perfect for sleep.
Think they will give you accidental presses like some complain about? I guess it might not matter if you turn your device off then taking them out can't accidental keep playing your podcast w/o your permission lol! I do a lot of TWS to car so hate that and some pairs have been as issue esp. if they fit more flush.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #42,951 of 62,913
Think they will give you accidental presses like some complain about? I guess it might not matter if you turn your device off then taking them out can't accidental keep playing your podcast w/o your permission lol! I do a lot of TWS to car so hate that and some pairs have been as issue esp. if they fit more flush.
I think these may give you that issue. You are right with flush sitting tws. They may be a hair sensitive as well but I've managed to not have that problem yet. They aren't bad for a budget set...

Feb 12, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #42,952 of 62,913
I think these may give you that issue. You are right with flush sitting tws. They may be a hair sensitive as well but I've managed to not have that problem yet. They aren't bad for a budget set...

Another reason why they should have ambient. Worse for accidental presses if you have to take them out to talk to people. Obviously I didn't choose them for reasons like that.

Feb 12, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #42,954 of 62,913
I never figured out the case leech on the Bose (and Bose never addressed it either way in public), so I ended up giving them to my son, because he uses them every day, so no worries.

Did replacing them change the battery drain issue?
Yeah, Bose fixed all the issues with the second gen sleep buds, but they just didn't agree with my ears. Yes, the new 1More Comfobuds Z they sent seem to work perfectly now. I paid less than retail for them. Google is my friend for coupon codes :)

Feb 12, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #42,955 of 62,913
Hush yor mouth! You bought the last pair I’ve seen available! Except for linsoul. Any experience with ordering there?
Ha ha! I almost ordered them from Linsoul and lucked out with Headphones.com. I was chatting with them and asking for dates of availability. Right before I snagged a pair, the rep said they were expecting a shipment but maybe it was delayed due to Chinese New Year, but then the next day, boom! They were in stock. I'm always wary of ordering from overseas for fear that what if something goes wrong. Especially for that kind of dough. I'd do it for something cheaper.

Feb 12, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #42,956 of 62,913
AG tws09r

Those do indeed look very comfortable, though being that small, I am not sure I would be able to get a good seal.

The MT (for instance) has a very short nozzle even though not all that small, and I had to tip roll a ton to get them to seal when simply opening/closing my mouth.

Feb 12, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #42,957 of 62,913
Those do indeed look very comfortable, though being that small, I am not sure I would be able to get a good seal.

The MT (for instance) has a very short nozzle even though not all that small, and I had to tip roll a ton to get them to seal when simply opening/closing my mouth.
I don't know... I get a fantastic seal. They go pretty deep and so it's easy to get a great seal. I agree the Mt are a bit more shallow and I needed to find tips that were a bit more firm but wider for the MT's... For this AG set I just use the included Final E tips

Feb 12, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #42,958 of 62,913
AG tws09r

Thanks for the fast feedback on those ! Im still trying to figure it out, if I will go for a set or two, I need something for work but want something that I can use for music while at work (and not miss a call via teams) thats why multipoint would be great.

But those definitly are on my short list, maybe is there is a promo / coupon. I will just buy them.

My wife is still happy with the earfun free mini, I do like them too but I need a little bit of more volume ¿do you think the Ag are louder that the earfun?.

Feb 12, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #42,959 of 62,913
@Phaethon pulled the trigger on the Dorado 2020. Arriving next week...excited to compare them to the FH9s. These are by far the most expensive pair of IEMS I have ever purchased so my expectations are pretty high right now... Lol

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #42,960 of 62,913
@Phaethon pulled the trigger on the Dorado 2020. Arriving next week...excited to compare them to the FH9s. These are by far the most expensive pair of IEMS I have ever purchased so my expectations are pretty high right now... Lol
I hope you love them as much as I do! It seems that your sonic preferences are close to mine. I look forward to your thoughts on their tuning and dynamics. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back