Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 21, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #42,091 of 62,437
Fokus pro cost 130$ more than XM4, dunno if I’m going to pay it for it

Jan 21, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #42,093 of 62,437
That is quite alot to throw down on a set of tws. However the feedback from this group has been so very positive about them. I am debating about picking them up as well.
You mean Fokus Pro?

Jan 21, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #42,095 of 62,437
Fokus pro cost 130$ more than XM4, dunno if I’m going to pay it for it
I have both. Fokus Pro definitely has more treble extension, which makes sense with hybrid configuration. Sony is good. New update added treble extension to my ears. If using for all purposes, Sony can handle more situations. I honestly love both, and plan to use the Sony for my workout iem now. I've loved Sony for the 4 months that I've had it though. Fokus Pro, XM4, Falcon Pro are 3 of my faves in that order. Falcon Pro when I want to hear more detail in instruments and treble, but the other two I absolutely like over the Falcon Pro

Jan 21, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #42,096 of 62,437
I have both. Fokus Pro definitely has more treble extension, which makes sense with hybrid configuration. Sony is good. New update added treble extension to my ears. If using for all purposes, Sony can handle more situations. I honestly love both, and plan to use the Sony for my workout iem now. I've loved Sony for the 4 months that I've had it though. Fokus Pro, XM4, Falcon Pro are 3 of my faves in that order. Falcon Pro when I want to hear more detail in instruments and treble, but the other two I absolutely like over the Falcon Pro
Everything is subjective in this hobby but that sounds like a good list.

Jan 21, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #42,097 of 62,437

It's an amazing thing to rub shoulders with Sony.

Reminds me of an occurrence that happened maybe 10 years ago.

There was an audio show, and during the show, a JH Audio product was stolen along with a Noble K10.

I wasn't upset about the stolen K10, I was more surprised the K10 was deemed worthy enough to steel, right along with a JH product.

Screenshot_20220121-214854_Google.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 21, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #42,098 of 62,437
Maybe XM4 is warmer more L than Fokus that should be more on reference side, right?

Jan 21, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #42,099 of 62,437
Maybe XM4 is warmer more L than Fokus that should be more on reference side, right?
I definitely thought the XM4s were warmer and I actually let mine go in favor of the Fokus. Not sure if I’d call the Fokus more reference, but the imaging, soundstage and design alone is just wonderful. Most here know I highly recommend them. They’re my #1 TWS for sound right now.

Jan 21, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #42,100 of 62,437
Odds are very high you are right handed.

So what does that have to do with anything?

Audiologist see this a lot in the world of hearing aids. What happens when a right handed person bends over to tie their shoe, pick up an object etc, they rotate their neck towards the right shoulder as the right arm is being extended.

In the world of hearing aids, the microphone gets covered up & there is a rustling sound etc. In the world of tws, under the same scenereo, the right shoulder is essentially covering up the antenna and this can lead to brief cut outs.
Odds are very high you are right handed.

So what does that have to do with anything?

Audiologist see this a lot in the world of hearing aids. What happens when a right handed person bends over to tie their shoe, pick up an object etc, they rotate their neck towards the right shoulder as the right arm is being extended.

In the world of hearing aids, the microphone gets covered up & there is a rustling sound etc. In the world of tws, under the same scenereo, the right shoulder is essentially covering up the antenna and this can lead to brief cut outs.

What you’re saying definitely goes along with what I’ve been seeing in my little experiments. But I have to say, I really hope that I just have a bad unit, because the pair I have are very very sensitive to interference. The right side cuts out a lot unless I’m just sitting still. I’ve own a fair amount of true wireless and I wear them all day long at work, and the only one that cut in and out a lot like these were the original Sony wf1000x. The other issue, that I didn’t mention earlier, is the right speaker doesn’t always connect when I first pull them out of the case and put them in my ear. After I put them back in the case and then try again, they work. These were an open box purchase, so that might point to these being a bad unit. I hope that is the case, because I love everything else about them.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #42,101 of 62,437
What you’re saying definitely goes along with what I’ve been seeing in my little experiments. But I have to say, I really hope that I just have a bad unit, because the pair I have are very very sensitive to interference. The right side cuts out a lot unless I’m just sitting still. I’ve own a fair amount of true wireless and I wear them all day long at work, and the only one that cut in and out a lot like these were the original Sony wf1000x. The other issue, that I didn’t mention earlier, is the right speaker doesn’t always connect when I first pull them out of the case and put them in my ear. After I put them back in the case and then try again, they work. These were an out of box purchase, so that might point to these being a bad unit. I hope that is the case, because I love everything else about them.
Buying open box is always something to be nervous about.

I'd look into a replacement set, assuming you purchased them through an authorized source.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 21, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #42,103 of 62,437
What you’re saying definitely goes along with what I’ve been seeing in my little experiments. But I have to say, I really hope that I just have a bad unit, because the pair I have are very very sensitive to interference. The right side cuts out a lot unless I’m just sitting still. I’ve own a fair amount of true wireless and I wear them all day long at work, and the only one that cut in and out a lot like these were the original Sony wf1000x. The other issue, that I didn’t mention earlier, is the right speaker doesn’t always connect when I first pull them out of the case and put them in my ear. After I put them back in the case and then try again, they work. These were an open box purchase, so that might point to these being a bad unit. I hope that is the case, because I love everything else about them.
What do you have them paired with? You may have said already and I missed it.

Jan 21, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #42,104 of 62,437
I would say sometimes it happens, but I don’t completely agree that every time I tie my shoes I’m blocking a signal. 🤣

I agree with you, it sounds like you have a bad unit. You are experiencing far worse issues than a lot of us who have the same buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back