Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 7, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #39,977 of 62,547
You guys just convinced me to pass and stick with my heavenly EQs :beerchug:
I am happy with the AT and don't want or need another right now. Do the same and stick with something if it is your favorite. End of 2021 is a good time to enjoy your current favorite and wait for the new crop to be announced at CES cause there will be new features and of course a new BT as LE comes on. Hopefully things like LC3+ and aptX lossless will be a solid jump from the Adaptive and LDAC implementations will have now.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #39,978 of 62,547
Dec 7, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #39,979 of 62,547
OK the Sony hybrid switch was short and swift... They affect the signature way to much and not in a good way for me. Cymbals ended up being a lot brighter sounding more tinny, bass became a bit more boomy and one-noted in behavior. It was like they put all the accents in the wrong place.

The original tips have that foam in place for more than catching ear wax I think. Which will mean the AZ60 are not going to be great for anyone who can't find a good fit with the original tips or really like to use specific after market tips. In my case they supplied enough sizes and quality tips that I am satisfied with the default tips so am happy. But these definitely are what I would call a tip dependent TWS.

Will try to AZ70 original tips later but suspect they will not stay on these for very long....

Dec 7, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #39,980 of 62,547
https://www-phileweb-com.translate....4.html?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US
Looked pretty sweet but then saw just SBC/AAC. $140 should probably have it and 18 hours battery life is also not a reason to shy away from better codecs. Lot of talk about SQ there but you can kinda see they protected the higher model there instead of doing their best. Too bad. Nice shade of red. :)

Is that with stock tips? Also, thankfully some boom goes away after a while with enough hours. I can even use some EQ presets that add bass even though they are not bass shy. My favorite for bass of all I have heard so far. Have you tried the AT with any 360 spatial audio?

I would expect, given the prices the B&O to be better but seems they are not far apart. EQ a bit better but AT better value perhaps? Not bad as it is a 5 series level. Not bad at all. :) Still keeping an eye on that TWX9 FCC filing for the pics and or manual to come out. Curious to see if that is the flagship and how good it looks. All we have is a blurred charge case pic...
1638904925341.png
My comments were based on stock tips, same songs and at 75/100 on volume scale with standard EQ

However we are comparing firm tuning . I used some previous wired ATH earphones and the tuning is similar. So I think a bit of the cmparison I did is a bit unfair as we are looking at two different schools of tuning (Japanese vs Danish) . Rememeber for example that Unique Melody sold 2 MEST MK1 , one for Western markets and one for Japanese markets as the tuning focus, taste,etc are very different. Would think that I would compare ATH with JVC Victor and is much more closer and B&O against Devilate/Senheiser

Dec 7, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #39,981 of 62,547
OK, using ACC all day on the AZ60 and it definitely sounds less dynamic and detailed at first. But my brain quickly adjusted and accepted the sound. Was able to participate in several Teams meetings, listens to a couple video on my computer and music from my phone with no issue switching back and forth. Video on PC sounded great, Teams is a clippy and weird between left and right buds, might be worth just using one bud for Teams.

I started at 7:15am or there about and these look like they will die around 2:15PM for a solid 7hrs versus 5hrs with LDAC. So quite a jump in battery life. That coupled with solid multi-point is a good enough reason for me to live with the loss in sound quality during the day. Will likely switch to LDAC at night.

Now my only challenge is using something else while these charge... :wink:

Edit, guess I will have to pull out the AZ70's... OHHHHHH the challenges... LOL

Edit 2, ended up getting just about 7.5hrs out of them before the left bud died...

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #39,982 of 62,547
I am happy with the AT and don't want or need another right now. Do the same and stick with something if it is your favorite. End of 2021 is a good time to enjoy your current favorite and wait for the new crop to be announced at CES cause there will be new features and of course a new BT as LE comes on. Hopefully things like LC3+ and aptX lossless will be a solid jump from the Adaptive and LDAC implementations will have now.
That is why I've been forcing myself to control myself from buying something from the current crop. I'm not a huge fan of the issues with CA MT, but I have found ways to live with it. Bit of trouble and probably too much for those who may not have patience, but hey the sound is amazing. For $150, I have lasted a year and probably have to last few more months for the new buds. This time I am going to spend a bit more - push my budget from $200 to $300. Hopefully, that will give me more choices.

I'm looking forward to better battery life while using LDAC or some other high-quality aptx (like you said aptx lossless). I don't expect some major innovation but I do expect to be able to use high-end codec for a longer time. I don't know if we will see things like LC3 on tws before full-sized wireless headphones, unfortunately. We usually get those things on TWS after it releases on wireless headphones.

Dec 7, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #39,983 of 62,547
I have had the LP3 since Saturday, first up couldn’t find them in the Android app(Samsung S21 ultra), had to use my iPad to set them up instead.
They are smaller than the 2s and feel more stable in my small ears. Sound wise I’d say an extreme focus on the highs with vocals recessed and bass not really showing up to the party. Currently running them with custom eq rather than the Hear-ID eq as the Hear-ID seemed to increase the treble even more, although can’t recall any sibilance. Running the hearid anc seemed to improve the ambient sound feature but didn’t do much for the anc side of this which remains next to non-existent. Had to reset them once after installed LDAC update as right side touch panel stopped responding.
Really like the control you get in the Soundcore app though. The LP3 seem to take over the volume control of what they are connected to (used hi by r3pro saber, Sony nw55, Samsung s9+ iPad 2020 and Samsung s21 ultra). The LP3s sound reminds me of the P17s (without the P17s bass).

Got the Shure TW2 and had them paired with the Shure 535 (can’t remember where I put my 846s but need to find them and try them with the TW2), swapped them out for the tin hifi P1 on the 215 setting in the app (which seemed to increase power available), as others have said previously, the TW2 are really difficult to wear when out and about with a mask, anc works to a decent level not as good as the devialet or Sony wm4 but usable on London Underground, same for ambient sound.

Also picked up in recent weeks the Moondrop Sparks (x2 first pair right side touch panel became unresponsive after the short lived update that added volume control, got sent out another pair), Nuheara Iqbuds 2 Max (really good ambient mode, anc not so effective), Klipsch T5 ANC version, Samsung Buds 2, Jabra 3, Nothing 1 and had to get the right side of the Noble Pro replaced due to the dreaded nozzle issue.

Need to send the Gemini in for repair though as I am getting what seems like driver flex with every head movement at high volume.
Regarding the Nuheara iQBuds 2 MAx: I am really pleased with the SQ and blutooth range. My hearing issues as detected by the fine test they incorporate has been compensated for and I find the ambient adjustments to be effective. Also found the noise cancelling was not very impressive. All in all -Definitely a keeper.

Dec 8, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #39,984 of 62,547
Well I was surprised yet again with the AZ60, I used the AZ70 tip (at least I think it's from the AZ70), a wide mouth nozzle tip anyway and they actually sound not bad. The treble is definitely elevated but not as tinny sounding as the Sony Hybrid tips and the bass maintained its detail. So more like the original tip but with more energy.

Tried the AZ60 tips on the AZ70 and they definitely did not sound good. so swapped the tips back and enjoyed the AZ70 for a while.

Having a chance to A/B the two pair I have to say AZ70 are the more audiophile of the two models. The bass is just more controlled. Lucky for me, my big old lug holes find the AZ70 just about as comfortable.

So I will end up with GBuds Pro, AZ70, and AZ60 as my primary stable of TWS. Until the next big thing, or the WF-1000XM4 have a good enough sale to make them affordable for me.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #39,985 of 62,547
That is why I've been forcing myself to control myself from buying something from the current crop. I'm not a huge fan of the issues with CA MT, but I have found ways to live with it. Bit of trouble and probably too much for those who may not have patience, but hey the sound is amazing. For $150, I have lasted a year and probably have to last few more months for the new buds. This time I am going to spend a bit more - push my budget from $200 to $300. Hopefully, that will give me more choices.

I'm looking forward to better battery life while using LDAC or some other high-quality aptx (like you said aptx lossless). I don't expect some major innovation but I do expect to be able to use high-end codec for a longer time. I don't know if we will see things like LC3 on tws before full-sized wireless headphones, unfortunately. We usually get those things on TWS after it releases on wireless headphones.
I have purchased (and gotten rid of) the CA MT's four times now, most recently at the $89.95 sale price. I love the sound, and I love the fit and features. What I cannot live with is the fact that they will not reliably connect to my phone when I remove them from the case. In the nine days I had them this last go-round, I had to factory reset them FIVE times. It is no stretch to say that they would automatically connect to my phone only about half the time. If I knew there was a fix coming, I'd happily purchase them again.

Dec 8, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #39,986 of 62,547
I have purchased (and gotten rid of) the CA MT's four times now, most recently at the $89.95 sale price. I love the sound, and I love the fit and features. What I cannot live with is the fact that they will not reliably connect to my phone when I remove them from the case. In the nine days I had them this last go-round, I had to factory reset them FIVE times. It is no stretch to say that they would automatically connect to my phone only about half the time. If I knew there was a fix coming, I'd happily purchase them again.
I have heard of so many issues relating to the CA MT's. Thankfully I have not had even one issue and I purchased mine the week they were released. I totally agree with you about the sound and fit of these. Cambridge did a very nice job with the tonality of this set. I like the M1+ just as much. Sorry you've had such an issue with them man

Dec 8, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #39,987 of 62,547
Well I was surprised yet again with the AZ60, I used the AZ70 tip (at least I think it's from the AZ70), a wide mouth nozzle tip anyway and they actually sound not bad. The treble is definitely elevated but not as tinny sounding as the Sony Hybrid tips and the bass maintained its detail. So more like the original tip but with more energy.

Tried the AZ60 tips on the AZ70 and they definitely did not sound good. so swapped the tips back and enjoyed the AZ70 for a while.

Having a chance to A/B the two pair I have to say AZ70 are the more audiophile of the two models. The bass is just more controlled. Lucky for me, my big old lug holes find the AZ70 just about as comfortable.

So I will end up with GBuds Pro, AZ70, and AZ60 as my primary stable of TWS. Until the next big thing, or the WF-1000XM4 have a good enough sale to make them affordable for me.
I'm currently using Spinfit CP360's on the AZ60 and I'm pleasantly surprised by the clarity and tight bass. They don't sit quite as deep in my ears as the stock tips which is actually more comfortable. I still seem to get a great seal with them but haven't thoroughly tested ANC and Ambient Mode yet.

Dec 8, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #39,988 of 62,547
Well, I just opened my AKG N400NC a few minutes ago, and, while I am in the wild throes of full-on honeymoon mode at the moment, I am very, very pleased with the everything about these so far. And for $69.99?? Crazy. The sound out of the box makes my now-returned Beats Fit Pro sound like complete and utter, lifeless, dogsh*t. ANC seems fine so far, and there is a noticeable and appreciable difference between the "talk-thru" and ambient modes. Swipe gestures work easily and reliably, and the case? Has to be the heaviest, sturdiest little pill bunker for earbuds I've used yet.

Attachments

• AKG.N400NC.jpg
    AKG.N400NC.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 0
Dec 8, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #39,989 of 62,547
Well, I just opened my AKG N400NC a few minutes ago, and, while I am in the wild throes of full-on honeymoon mode at the moment, I am very, very pleased with the everything about these so far. And for $69.99?? Crazy. The sound out of the box makes my now-returned Beats Fit Pro sound like complete and utter, lifeless, dogsh*t. ANC seems fine so far, and there is a noticeable and appreciable difference between the "talk-thru" and ambient modes. Swipe gestures work easily and reliably, and the case? Has to be the heaviest, sturdiest little pill bunker for earbuds I've used yet.
Agree with all the above... and they just LOWERED the price to $47.99 ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back