Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 6, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #39,106 of 63,181
@Ceeluh7 That $130 deal on the Z7s looks tempting. How do they compare to the H1s? SQ out of the box? How is the fit? Build quality? Ambient mode? Are you able to disconnect/pair quickly from just the earbuds themselves, or do you have to disconnect from the first device, etc.? The H1s have spoiled me with that feature.
Honestly, the Z7's are awesome. They are definitely an upgrade from the H1's. I'm telling you they are my best set from an audio perspective. I personally put them above gemini, ... That Is my opinion... I don't want anyone getting upset about that, only in sound quality... Which is a big distinction and something to consider based on your tws needs. These have a sub par hear thru mode and no ANC but sonically I would stack them against the top of the tws crop.

Nov 6, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #39,107 of 63,181
@Ceeluh7 That $130 deal on the Z7s looks tempting. How do they compare to the H1s? SQ out of the box? How is the fit? Build quality? Ambient mode? Are you able to disconnect/pair quickly from just the earbuds themselves, or do you have to disconnect from the first device, etc.? The H1s have spoiled me with that feature.
Also, concerning build quality they are very well put together. It's obvious that Lypertek put thier best effort here while trying to keep it under 200. They pair very quickly with bt 5.2 and have aptx adaptive which... I have yet to be able to try so know that the only way I have evaluated these was thru aptx only. I haven't tried to go from device to device yet. I would but I do not have them with me so sorry about that. As far as fit, for me, they are the most snug pair I have and rival anc tws just with the passive isolation... But keep in mind that this is for my ears and I know others have not had the same outcome with fit.

Nov 6, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #39,108 of 63,181
Yeah, pretty much every brand you can think of is on sale at Amazon. Jabra, Sony, Bose etc. all doing early Black Friday deals. I went to my local Amazon store to return an item and as I'm walking out the guy says to me, "If you just returned something, you get an extra 20% off in the store." I had considered repurchasing the Sony XM4s for the ANC and the guy says to me that they qualify. So I walked out with the Sonys for $199. Ugh. That said, they do sound better than I remembered. Probably psychosomatic!
Wait, there are Amazon stores? So you only get the 20% off for in-store purchases??

Nov 6, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #39,109 of 63,181
Honestly, the Z7's are awesome. They are definitely an upgrade from the H1's. I'm telling you they are my best set from an audio perspective. I personally put them above gemini, ... That Is my opinion... I don't want anyone getting upset about that, only in sound quality... Which is a big distinction and something to consider based on your tws needs. These have a sub par hear thru mode and no ANC but sonically I would stack them against the top of the tws crop.
Tempting pitch to say the least! Thanks for the feedback. Thing is I never thought I wanted ANC until I got a set of buds with ANC 🤷🤣

Edit: of course I have them in my Amazon cart now

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #39,111 of 63,181
Ah, Dang. It looks like pairing on the Z7 is different from the TEVIs. There's no way to enter pairing mode using just the earbud button on the Z7. Instead you have to either disconnect from the first device directly or put them back in the case, remove them, and then very quickly press and hold the button to enter pairing mode. 😔 So close.

Nov 6, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #39,112 of 63,181
Wait, there are Amazon stores? So you only get the 20% off for in-store purchases??
Yes, basically I went into the Amazon store to use their drop-off to return an item for my wife and as I was looking at the Sony XM4 headphones a sales rep came up to me and says “Hey, did you just return something? Because if you did, we can give you an additional 20% off that.”So I got the sale price plus additional 20% off. Every now and then the store by me has this extra 20% off promotion for walk-ins. Never applies for Sony. Got lucky.

Nov 6, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #39,113 of 63,181
Tempting pitch to say the least! Thanks for the feedback. Thing is I never thought I wanted ANC until I got a set of buds with ANC 🤷🤣

Edit: of course I have them in my Amazon cart now
The Z7s are awesome. Noble Falcon Pros with the exact same chip and driver setup, but tuned differently, are better IMO. But for less than half the cost, those Z7s do not disappoint. The instrument separation is pretty wonderful. I did return them because like you, I do love my ANC 😉

Nov 6, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #39,114 of 63,181
I really enjoyed the Gemini's sound. There was something lacking there to me though. They sound awesome but there were inconsistencies with them. Like volume being higher on one side or the controls just not working. They were a mess. The sound was great. But, I got to thinking... "I am spending $300 bucks on a set that doesn't work very well."... Just took them back. I could see how one would love them with a correctly functioning set.
I did get the Gemini's to seal, I tried tip after tip and unfortunately I cannot begin to know what pair I used as I just have a huge Tupperware full of tips from iems and tws. I just picked a set that worked. It did take awhile to find a good seal with these for me. I was going to send them back and get another pair but the AZ60's came out, were less expensive and prob function better so... I gave those a try and they are coming today actually. As far as music I listen to almost all genres... Really, I know that doesn't help very much but it is true, I listen to a very wide variety of music.
I probably would have tried a replacement set. All those issues though, that's just messed up. Mine worked out of the box but I had to get rid of those sad excuses for tips, then they came alive.
I seem to switch between heavy metal and alternative rock and I guess I like things a little heavy in bass but there must be some openness and detail there because in some of those 70's - 80's recordings there are details there that I like to hear. So far I think if there's an area that the Genini's are lacking it's space/ separation and detail. You can hear it on old ZZTop, Van Halen, and a few old Aerosmith tunes. They liked to play with effects in the studio and moving from side to side and trying to sound like an open event at times.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #39,115 of 63,181
I probably would have tried a replacement set. All those issues though, that's just messed up. Mine worked out of the box but I had to get rid of those sad excuses for tips, then they came alive.
I seem to switch between heavy metal and alternative rock and I guess I like things a little heavy in bass but there must be some openness and detail there because in some of those 70's - 80's recordings there are details there that I like to hear. So far I think if there's an area that the Genini's are lacking it's space/ separation and detail. You can hear it on old ZZTop, Van Halen, and a few old Aerosmith tunes. They liked to play with effects in the studio and moving from side to side and trying to sound like an open event at times.
Ya I struggled with the decision honestly. I saw the AZ60 's for 70-80 bucks less and said... Why not. I promise though if these don't work out I'll go back to the Gemini's. I know if I had a good set that I would've really enjoyed them.

Nov 6, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #39,116 of 63,181
Ya I struggled with the decision honestly. I saw the AZ60 's for 70-80 bucks less and said... Why not. I promise though if these don't work out I'll go back to the Gemini's. I know if I had a good set that I would've really enjoyed them.
Day 2 with the Technics AZ60. Really enjoying these...they seem to check every box for me: sounds like the Soundpeats H1, excellent mic, functional app, excellent noise cancelling and ambient mode, decent battery life, good volume, and multipoint connection (though can be a bit buggy). I hear the AZ70 are a bit less bassy and more sparkly but I don't find that the bass on the AZ60 muddles the sound so I haven't bothered EQing from the default setting.

Nov 6, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #39,117 of 63,181
Day 2 with the Technics AZ60. Really enjoying these...they seem to check every box for me: sounds like the Soundpeats H1, excellent mic, functional app, excellent noise cancelling and ambient mode, decent battery life, good volume, and multipoint connection (though can be a bit buggy). I hear the AZ70 are a bit less bassy and more sparkly but I don't find that the bass on the AZ60 muddles the sound so I haven't bothered EQing from the default setting.
Dude... This is day one... So I literally said the exact same thing you did that these sound like the Soundpeats H1 but with greater resolution and a bit better Soundstage, cleaner. They sound like an H1 upgrade... Which... Is freaking awesome because I love the H1. So far (still early) I am very happy, so many features. More robust than the LP3, in fact doing a side by side with them I realize just how thin the Mids are on LP3. The Bass is clean, tight enough, vocals are nice... Ya know I'll stop there as I don't want to hype these but I will say.... Pleasantly surprised

Nov 6, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #39,118 of 63,181
Starting to wish I curbed some of my spending, I would almost have enough for AZ60 already.

The Panasonic RP-HD610 do sound pretty darn good though. Certainly better than the WH-1000XM3 at least signature and detail wise.

But I have a suspicion the AZ60 might be close to perfect TWS for me.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #39,119 of 63,181
Starting to wish I curbed some of my spending, I would almost have enough for AZ60 already.

The Panasonic RP-HD610 do sound pretty darn good though. Certainly better than the WH-1000XM3 at least signature and detail wise.

But I have a suspicion the AZ60 might be close to perfect TWS for me.
I want to throw a review up here of these already man, but I'll wait and give these time. To me they are the most complete set I've seen and heard. Sound wise, feature wise, also a big thing to me which I love is the case in its portability as the case fits in the small pocket of my jeans really well, which... To me is pretty cool. I'll let the drivers settle but for 230ish bucks they are pretty nice man. Glad you like the Panasonic, those look real nice, I'm sure they sound very good as well.

Nov 6, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #39,120 of 63,181
Technics AZ60 are really really good!:) Here is my take:

- Mids on the level of B&O EQ. Just beautiful.
- Midbass is quite elevated, a bit too much for me but EQ can fix that.
- Sub-bass is there, but could have used more sub bass than excessively elevated mid-bass imo.
- Treble is there. Not sparkly/splashy but just enough.
- These have freaking MUTE shortcut when on a phone call !!!!!
- Microphone on these is extremely good for phone calls. These and Liberty 3 Pros have best microphones imo
- Holy cow these are LOUD.
- Soundstage is good but not as wide as Libery 3 Pro
- ANC is very very good. No complaints.
- Transparency is good but not completely natural sounding. Much better than Liberty 3 Pro. Hopefully firmware updates will make it even better.
- LDAC + multipoint + good mic + mute shortcut make these the most complete TWS imo
- Case seems flimsy but I like that it is tiny.

The only two issues I am having with these is:
1. Right bud drains a lot faster than left bud. Almost 20% difference
2. If you customize left bud to have ANC/transparency on single tap and right bud for play/pause track, for some reason, the single tap does not work on right bud to play/pause tracks. And I did update to latest firmware but no luck... Default touch controls seem to work however.

Silver are fine but wish Amazon had the black color...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back