Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 5, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #38,117 of 62,436
Not sure how I feel about this little CYA:

"Please note that customers carry the risk related to transportation to the Service Center. For this reason, we recommend customers to send in the product in the original packaging."

Umm, so if UPS loses the package, I'm SOL?

Oct 5, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #38,118 of 62,436
Not sure how I feel about this little CYA:

"Please note that customers carry the risk related to transportation to the Service Center. For this reason, we recommend customers to send in the product in the original packaging."

Umm, so if UPS loses the package, I'm SOL?
You should be able, for a nominal fee, to buy insurance on the package. Usually a good idea. Yes, adds to the cost, but also limits your downside risk.

Oct 5, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #38,120 of 62,436
So far they have been helpful but it has been time consuming. 2 calls and when I try to enter my S/N into the warranty portal, it is coming up as not recognized. Separately, for a premium product, mailing in first should not be the default. They should send the replacement first even with a CC charge hold. Not saying that's the norm, but at $400 I expected a little more. The idea that they are going to "inspect" a dead TWS earbud is sillyness. These are disposable items for sure.
I agree and that’s what I thought with B&W, but must to my chagrin such was not the case and I had to send them to them first. I think Apple spoiled me with the way they do it for AirPods

Edit: and I had to pay for shipping back to B&W (the first time, at least)

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #38,121 of 62,436
I agree and that’s what I thought with B&W, but must to my chagrin such was not the case and I had to send them to them first. I think Apple spoiled me with the way they do it for AirPods

Edit: and I had to pay for shipping back to B&W (the first time, at least)
Same. Have sent TWS in for repair to B&W, Samsung and Sennheiser as well as a few IEMs to Shure. All have required me to send the TWS or IEM to them first. That is why we all "need" multiple pairs (or what I tell myself anyway). B&W and Sennheiser we're under warranty but still made me pay for shipping to them (Shure was out of warranty). The second time around, B&W sent me a label when I asked nicely.

Oct 5, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #38,122 of 62,436
So far they have been helpful but it has been time consuming. 2 calls and when I try to enter my S/N into the warranty portal, it is coming up as not recognized. Separately, for a premium product, mailing in first should not be the default. They should send the replacement first even with a CC charge hold. Not saying that's the norm, but at $400 I expected a little more. The idea that they are going to "inspect" a dead TWS earbud is sillyness. These are disposable items for sure.
I don't disagree with you. Jaybird made me wait 3 weeks after receiving for a return. Awful. Makes zero sense.

Oct 5, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #38,123 of 62,436
Seems like a new MTW is probably around the corner. Not that that should stop you or anything ...
HAHA! I have a $50 gift card and then a 10% off coupon at Best Buy burning a hole in my pocket. Sigh...

Oct 5, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #38,124 of 62,436
I don't disagree with you. Jaybird made me wait 3 weeks after receiving for a return. Awful. Makes zero sense.
This is why people love Apple. Companies don't get it. This stuff matters. These buds are 40 days old. Not 18 months. How much risk do they take by sending you a new pair with a credit card hold and require you to return the defective ones within a week or something? Zero yet from a consumer's perspective, this is the way to loyalty.

Oct 5, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #38,125 of 62,436
This is why people love Apple. Companies don't get it. This stuff matters. These buds are 40 days old. Not 18 months. How much risk do they take by sending you a new pair with a credit card hold and require you to return the defective ones within a week or something? Zero yet from a consumer's perspective, this is the way to loyalty.
Oh, I'm an Apple junkie for sure. No issues with any of my Apple gear. Even after I spend hundreds on AppleCare +. That said, B&O is not doing anywhere near as well as the Apple Empire. So I do get it, but yes, they should refine their process absolutely. I've had three different pairs of EQ. First had the pop issue. Second had a right bud charge issue. Third seem to be going well so far. SO FAR.

BTW, got the CX Plus waiting for me to pick up. Zero expectations. Because I just needed another pair of buds. Sigh...

Oct 5, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #38,127 of 62,436
I’m able to demo them in the next few days and should be able to compare them to the CX 400BT that I just picked up the other day.
I'll have mine later this afternoon. Fingers crossed they're good!

Oct 5, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #38,128 of 62,436
Apple makes great products, and I would agree that Apple has perfected many aspects of customer service! But it comes at a price in $$ and in the closed nature of their product portfolio. For example it is quite hard to get the most out of non-Apple products when paired with Apple ones (aptX / aptX HD / LDAC, for example). But, once you are in their sphere they do treat you well.

Oct 5, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #38,129 of 62,436
If the Plus is like the regular CX they have more bass which also seems to be tighter, more narrow sound stage, elevated mids and they are warmer than the previous gen.

Oct 5, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #38,130 of 62,436
Apple makes great products, and I would agree that Apple has perfected many aspects of customer service! But it comes at a price in $$ and in the closed nature of their product portfolio. For example it is quite hard to get the most out of non-Apple products when paired with Apple ones (aptX / aptX HD / LDAC, for example). But, once you are in their sphere they do treat you well.
Main reason I’m with Apple because their stuff last forever and for my business I have had phones and tablets that were working hard for years with no issues and constantly being updated which I can’t say the same about Android phones that I previously had. In the long run it’s cheaper for my to own iPhones but for audio I don’t need any of their products but may try them one day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back