Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 29, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #37,981 of 62,552
I've experienced that noise before. I can't be sure but I think it's related to the Pressure Balance Architecture feature:

There used to be a fit test included in the app, but it was very finicky and I guess they cut it because of that. But what you are describing seems extreme. I would contact customer care, which is very responsive. They should be able to help you and maybe offer a replacement if necessary.
Thanks for your answer.
Yes it's extreme, and very strange.
ANC Low works quite well, especially with the Flexifit. Almost no noise with chewing/moving etc.
But with silicone and ANC High, it's extremely bad, and FAR worse with the left bud. (edit)
So strange that there no noise what so ever with Neutral (ANC OFF). With any type of tip too (I've tried almost 20 :) )

I will go to the store, try one of their demos and maybe let them try mine (if they want, hygienics etc.. )

I also sent a message to Devialet support.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #37,982 of 62,552

Edifier NeoBuds Pro​

LDAC to be added this month (apparently) , SBC/AAC LHDC support for now

I realize this is way way late to reply to this but... Who cares. I purchased these last week as soon as I heard LDAC was added. So far I have not at all been impressed with tws LDAC. I have to say out of the box I could not stand this set, the mids were non existent and the volume was very low.... Couldn't figure out why they sucked so bad. I let them burn in for about 4 hrs and still... They sucked. Compared to Cambridge MT, and the 1+, Lypertek Z7, Samsung GB Pro, Soundpeats H1, in fact of the Buds I own they were around 6th or 7th place in the SQ department. But..... I started messing around with tips. Let me say that the tips that come with the Neobuds pro are garbage and ridiculous that these are the final versionnof tips for this set. They are flimsy and let alot of the music squeak by and you hardly notice it because they do not penetrate at all and so it's hard to find a seal. That being said barely any tips on this planet fit inside of the case. I did find some though.. .. Don't quote me on this (I think) the Tozo Nc9 tips as they are almost flush with the nozzle but much much more firm tips to where you can feel a seal. After I did that I heard a big boost in volume and note weight, even clarity and resolution. Very surprised as I figured these would go back. Now they still don't touch the Lypertek Z7 but they are wonderful sounding tws iems, but you absolutely need LDAC enabled thru the update. I'm impressed

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #37,983 of 62,552
Sep 29, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #37,984 of 62,552
“Where the AZ70W was more audio focused, Technics says the two new options are designed for productivity and everyday life”.

^^^ to me that screams more of a V shape sound and not an audiophile tuning and probably better mic and and noise cancellation for calls.
You could be right. The one review I have seen for them suggested the AZ60 sounded more natural but that did not really elaborate on what that meant.

I would be OK if they had a bit harder hitting bass and treble thinking small v. Only time will tell.

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #37,985 of 62,552
Thanks for your answer.
Yes it's extreme, and very strange.
ANC Low works quite well, especially with the Flexifit. Almost no noise with chewing/moving etc.
But with silicone and ANC High, it's extremely bad, and FAR worse with the left bud. (edit)
So strange that there no noise what so ever with Neutral (ANC OFF). With any type of tip too (I've tried almost 20 :) )

I will go to the store, try one of their demos and maybe let them try mine (if they want, hygienics etc.. )

I also sent a message to Devialet support.

Thanks again.
btw, it's been discussed here before, but you can pretty much get the ANC-like sound in neutral if you mess with the equalizer (pretty much an extreme V-shape setting by my experience). It may be interesting to see if you can reproduce the noises that way.

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #37,986 of 62,552
Spent the night with the 1More ComfoBuds Z. First off, I have one gripe. You can only set the Nature sounds for up to 150 mins. I'd rather it be 4-5 hours. Outside of that they are TINY. I've had the Bose, had the Amazfit Zenbuds. Tried earplugs. Used to use the Earin M-2s. So, I'm not new to the tech and/or options. I purchased the ComfoBuds Z for $82 after a coupon I found online. Definitely the cheapest by far. They are no frills. They don't have buttons or touch controls. You need to do everything within the app. The app isn't that great but works. The Bose sleep app is the best. That said, the CBs have the smallest case. MUCH smaller. They aren't noticeable in your ears and didn't bother me all night. I set the timer for 150 mins with the rain sounds. They did block out my toddler who is usually found wedged between my wife and I all night. I tracked my sleep with my Oura ring and got an 87 which is Optimal by Oura's standards. So, the buds did help me. I did hear them rub on my pillow as I'm a side-sleeper, but nothing that isn't normal when you wear buds to bed. They didn't fall out. The other cool thing about these is that you could use them for up to 2 1/2 hours to stream music from Apple Music, Spotify, whatever. I didn't buy them for music, I bought them to mask all the sounds at night that keep me up, so the nature sounds were for me last night. If I want to listen to music and rock, I have higher end buds for that. I might try the CBs with nature sounds from an app or meditation music via Apple Music and see what happens (how long they last, connection, etc.). The Bose and Amazfit only play the nature sound available from the manufacturer via their proprietary app. The CBs were appealing to me because they can also play music from other apps - just in case I do want that option. I'll try them again tonight and hope to get the same results as last night.
Really interested in the Oura ring.. PM'd you with a few questions since it's off topic.

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #37,987 of 62,552
Spent the night with the 1More ComfoBuds Z. First off, I have one gripe. You can only set the Nature sounds for up to 150 mins. I'd rather it be 4-5 hours. Outside of that they are TINY. I've had the Bose, had the Amazfit Zenbuds. Tried earplugs. Used to use the Earin M-2s. So, I'm not new to the tech and/or options. I purchased the ComfoBuds Z for $82 after a coupon I found online. Definitely the cheapest by far. They are no frills. They don't have buttons or touch controls. You need to do everything within the app. The app isn't that great but works. The Bose sleep app is the best. That said, the CBs have the smallest case. MUCH smaller. They aren't noticeable in your ears and didn't bother me all night. I set the timer for 150 mins with the rain sounds. They did block out my toddler who is usually found wedged between my wife and I all night. I tracked my sleep with my Oura ring and got an 87 which is Optimal by Oura's standards. So, the buds did help me. I did hear them rub on my pillow as I'm a side-sleeper, but nothing that isn't normal when you wear buds to bed. They didn't fall out. The other cool thing about these is that you could use them for up to 2 1/2 hours to stream music from Apple Music, Spotify, whatever. I didn't buy them for music, I bought them to mask all the sounds at night that keep me up, so the nature sounds were for me last night. If I want to listen to music and rock, I have higher end buds for that. I might try the CBs with nature sounds from an app or meditation music via Apple Music and see what happens (how long they last, connection, etc.). The Bose and Amazfit only play the nature sound available from the manufacturer via their proprietary app. The CBs were appealing to me because they can also play music from other apps - just in case I do want that option. I'll try them again tonight and hope to get the same results as last night.
Last night, tried them and streamed a mediation playlist from Apple Music. Set Apple Music to turn off after 3 hours. Worked like a charm. Buds were dead by morning because they don't auto power off. Either way, these work well with both the 1More app nature sounds or whatever music you decide to stream. When I woke up, had another 87/Optimal score. Good news. So far so very good.

Sep 30, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #37,988 of 62,552
Anxiously awaiting my FoKus - a bit worried about the lack of ANC and LDAC for such a high price so they better sound killer. The EQs and Gemini prove you don't need LDAC or AptxHD to sound great. Enjoying my PI7 and EQs immensely. I cannot decide which I prefer but both are amazing. Decided to forego the H95 even at $650 as I can't bring myself to part with the EQs in exchange. Going for the new Deva Pro instead. While off topic, HFM seems to be pushing Bluetooth hard this year and I can't wait to see what they can do with their new Blue Mini. That is all for today.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #37,989 of 62,552
Hey fam,

Long shot here: Several months ago I was getting ads for the tws buds that claimed to have a selction of models that went from 4 drivers to 6 to 8 to 12.

The only way I can describe them is that they looked a lot like a top down view of a bicycle helmet. They weren't any particular brand. But I figure maybe some of you got the same ads. My history gets scrubbed every 3 months so I can't find them. They had a dedicated page and not an Amazon, although they could have been a crowd funding project.

1632959279041.png1632959315791.png1632959350576.png
Artists Impersonation of TWS
Found them.

https://www.sonobo.co.uk/

Pretty solid description by me tbh
1633039196787.png

The high end model has 18 drivers powering it. Will be interesting to see if 18 drivers = aural ecstacy.

Sep 30, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #37,990 of 62,552
Last night, tried them and streamed a mediation playlist from Apple Music. Set Apple Music to turn off after 3 hours. Worked like a charm. Buds were dead by morning because they don't auto power off. Either way, these work well with both the 1More app nature sounds or whatever music you decide to stream. When I woke up, had another 87/Optimal score. Good news. So far so very good.
wow these sound great. Good for side sleepers? Are these the ones you have?

1MORE ComfoBudsZ Wireless Sleep Earbuds with White Noise Bluetooth Earphone with Noise Isolation, Balanced Armature, 5 Auto-Off Timers, Unnoticeable for Side Sleepers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099RRM6S2/

Sep 30, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #37,991 of 62,552
I’m just loving these B&Os. Wore them at the gym today and they stayed glued in my ears. Haven’t run with them yet. Another thing that surprised me is the range… I can have my phone downstairs in the office and walk upstairs, still playing music like I’m next to it. Perhaps all Bluetooth 5.2 devices are like that though.

Sep 30, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #37,992 of 62,552
I’m just loving these B&Os. Wore them at the gym today and they stayed glued in my ears. Haven’t run with them yet. Another thing that surprised me is the range… I can have my phone downstairs in the office and walk upstairs, still playing music like I’m next to it. Perhaps all Bluetooth 5.2 devices are like that though.
Do you like them more than the KEFs? I believe you are a big fan.

Sep 30, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #37,993 of 62,552
May have missed it but what tips are you using?

Sep 30, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #37,994 of 62,552
Found them.

https://www.sonobo.co.uk/

Pretty solid description by me tbh

The high end model has 18 drivers powering it. Will be interesting to see if 18 drivers = aural ecstacy.

Not trying to be a party pooper but these crowdfunding campaigns with all the usual buzz-words that sell you a pie in a sky product don’t get me excited, not to mention it’s not guaranteed that anything will be delivered at the end.
All these drivers sound pretty gimmicky to me too. So many things can go wrong when stuffing so many drivers into the buds and to add to this the TWS tech, and most likely no app. It’s a hard pass for me. I would look elsewhere at established companies with good track record when spending my money, even though it may not be much $$$ I’m just like that.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #37,995 of 62,552
Not trying to be a party pooper but these crowdfunding campaigns with all the usual buzz-words that sell you a pie in a sky product don’t get me excited, not to mention it’s not guaranteed that anything will be delivered at the end.
All these drivers sound pretty gimmicky to me too. So many things can go wrong when stuffing so many drivers into the buds and to add to this the TWS tech, and most likely no app. It’s a hard pass for me. I would look elsewhere at established companies with good track record when spending my money, even though it may not be much $$$ I’m just like that.
I hope these become reality, and that they sound and perform well. I would be happy to buy the Elite version, and all the extras. But…I have never had a satisfying experience with a crowdsourced product. Pass, for now, but I hope they make it, and will seriously consider buying if they do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back