Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 23, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #37,786 of 62,437
Did you get the BA or DD?
I actually had to look at my email from kickstarter. Looks like I got the Dual BA. I think @miserybeforethemusic helped me decide

As much as I love the sound of the Geminis, the fit has never been great for me when I'm chewing food or running. I'm going to hit the treadmill today with these WH2s and I'll let you know how they work out for that

Klipsch T5 II ANC's are inbound... Got them for $271 on Amazon but the shipping time was longer

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #37,787 of 62,437
(Immediately goes to search “HiBy WH2's”)
Yeah, same here. They look interesting enough and LDAC is worth exploring. $160 for the BA and $120 for the DD. Slow shipping from China. Not sure about these. Maybe if they were on amazon I'd bite.

Sep 23, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #37,788 of 62,437
I actually had to look at my email from kickstarter. Looks like I got the Dual BA. I think @miserybeforethemusic helped me decide
Yeah, I'll bet that version sounds better than the DD. That's be the one I'd go for but of course it's more money and HiBy wants $30 extra to ship unless you want to wait 60 days.

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #37,789 of 62,437
Creative outlier air v3.

muUWVdc.jpg

Size comparison between v2, v3 and Sony xm4.
Z77UuFE.jpg

Physical impressions - they are small and light, very comfortable in the ears.

The app has options that anyone would need, 10 band custom EQ and tons of presets, noise reduction and ambient strength, and to customise the controls. The buds firmware can be updated via the app as well.

Out of the box, the tuning is bass heavy. EQing down the bass tames it and gives an overall mature tuning. Mids are crystal clear. Treble is present and not sibilant, but its not very resolving. Great value. Creative's best effort so far and one of the better buds in the low-mid range segment.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #37,790 of 62,437

As much as I love the sound of the Geminis, the fit has never been great for me when I'm chewing food or running. I'm going to hit the treadmill today with these WH2s and I'll let you know how they work out for that

Klipsch T5 II ANC's are inbound... Got them for $271 on Amazon but the shipping time was longer
It's amazing how they look just like the Mifo 07. Insane business out there in China. Someone must go into a shop and is presented with a bunch of shells and options. They choose, tweak and rebrand.

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #37,791 of 62,437
Forgive my editorializing, but it shouldn’t be so hard. I really wanted to like the MT…and even more…I REALLY wanted to LOVE the PI7 but it just didn’t take. And I just don’t think it should have to be so hard…either they’re right (even with some adjustments) or they aren’t. I returned the MT…kept the Klipsch T5 II…my wife found them more comfortable and better sounding without any/much effort. IMHO, seems to be the way it should be.
Just one man’s opinion, but that’s just my take.

edit: to be clear, I’m saying this as someone who is guilty of the same thing, trying very hard to make it work…thinking I’m doing something wrong that it isn’t working…driving me crazy. I just think there are so many choices available at every price point, I’m not sure it’s worth the driving crazy. Now, if you’re someone who appreciates the challenge, then go at it; more power to ya!
Completely agreed. At first I thought I was doing something wrong but I have been fiddling around with them for way too long. At one point the challenge became a game almost lol
But yeah, it’s probably time to move on.
I found the Senn CX400 on sale locally as they are clearing them out. I may bite.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #37,792 of 62,437
Yeah, same here. They look interesting enough and LDAC is worth exploring. $160 for the BA and $120 for the DD. Slow shipping from China. Not sure about these. Maybe if they were on amazon I'd bite.
If you want LDAC and dual driver the new Soundcore L2P+ might be a good option. I got mine on sale for $110 and they are very nice and comfortable but I don’t like the way they look in the ears lol

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #37,793 of 62,437
I liked the fit, except for the wingtips which were too hard and sharp and made my ears hurt. The sound was too bassy but I found it decent after EQ. But the software issues plus the wingtips made me decide to return them. I don't think they were meant for a shallow fit, given their shape is supposed to fit into the concha.
The MT wingtips, I suspect, are also the reason for the call quality issues. The hole in the wings to accommodate the microphone is tiny and even the smallest misalignment would result in blocking the microphones. Classic bad implementation of a good idea. For me, at least, I am fortunate that I do not need the wings and so no longer have the bad call quality issues.

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #37,794 of 62,437
Nuraphones blow Nura True out of the water. Its not just the bass that's insane, but the mids and highs that are on another level of resolution and the separation/3D imaging thats immediatelly noticed. Noticeably superior. There's alot more space between instruments and that holographic effect that I'm accostumed to in much (much) more expensive headphones. You can pinpoint instruments with great accuracy here. I hate this cliché expression, but the difference is night and day, so huge they can't be compared. I thought they could be a bit better than the Nura Trues, maybe just the bass, but that is not the case at all. These play on another league and will be hard to be beaten by other BT headphones. They are totally worth the price (399€ new), it's a crime if you choose a SONY 1000X M4 for example, over these. They're on ebay for 150€-200€, this is a steal.

Seal was immediate, comfort excellent after 2 hours of use and ANC/isolation in these headphones is world-class. ANC still not on par with BOSE QC II, but still very good. Ambient mode is great, you can hear everything and talk with someone with the headphones in your ears. Call quality one of the best I've tried so far.

I guess its a goodbye to this thread, found my BT headohones. See you in heaven.
Is it true that these have bluetooth 4.0?

And you would recommend these over XM4? How is their ANC?

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #37,795 of 62,437
Just got an email offering the H95 for $649 with coupon from B&O. I had been thinking of returning the EQs due to fit problems (sound is killer). Sooooooooooooo return the EQs which cost $400 for the H95? Help!

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #37,797 of 62,437

These are much superior to XM4 from top to bottom, to soundstage, to separation, to everything. ANC is very good as is isolation. If you don't like a full size that is also an in-ear, and don't mind a downgrade in terms of SQ, then the SONYs are always a safe bet.

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #37,798 of 62,437
Just got an email offering the H95 for $649 with coupon from B&O. I had been thinking of returning the EQs due to fit problems (sound is killer). Sooooooooooooo return the EQs which cost $400 for the H95? Help!
I have them both and couldn't be happier. You can't compare the two. Different tech! I can't let either of them go :) Did you try the ePro Large tips on those EQs? They're working great for me. What about Comply tips?

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #37,799 of 62,437
BTW, $649 is great! I thought my deal was great at $739.

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #37,800 of 62,437

Yes, old tech. BT 4.0. Plus, IMO the fit is odd. They are cans with little earbuds inside that go into your ears. I didn't like the fit at all. It was like having little wieners in your ears. If you like that feeling, so be it. Plus, their cable is a proprietary cable. Not USB-C etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back