Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 22, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #37,771 of 62,437
CA MT folks, does the music stop when you get one bud out of the ear?
I could swear I thought they have ear a detection sensor and visually it looks like they do but that's not the case now.

Also, another interesting thing is that unlike any other IEMs that I have ever used, these don't do well if your seal is too much.
The sound basically becomes so bassy it's unbearable while smaller tips (less of a seal for me) do much better!
No they dont have that. But the touch area is so big, that its probable that you will accidetally stop the music while taking one out 😃

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #37,773 of 62,437
No they dont have that. But the touch area is so big, that its probable that you will accidetally stop the music while taking one out 😃
Thanks. Really miss auto play/ pause but that’s alright, and yeah the touch area is way too big and too sensitive.
there is no way to adjust them in your ears without pushing it multiple times.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #37,775 of 62,437
I can get a pair of used Geminis for about $255 (NOK 2200,-).
It was bought in March.
Any hardware updates since then, or just firmware?
Sadly it lacks the original packaging, but everything that came with it is included.
"Safe" to buy?
They cost about $400 (NOK 3490,-) new in store here :O

Edit: Bought them. :) $238 after a little "haggling". Included p&p. Will have them Tuesday I think. Looking forward to test them.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #37,776 of 62,437
Also, another interesting thing is that unlike any other IEMs that I have ever used, these don't do well if your seal is too much.
The sound basically becomes so bassy it's unbearable while smaller tips (less of a seal for me) do much better!
Doesn't this mean there's plainly too much bass? It's the opposite of the usual "there's no bass" complaint from people not used to IEM who get a bad seal. :smile:

I had to severely EQ the mids and highs up when I had the MT.

Sep 23, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #37,777 of 62,437
I put a new set of large Comply TW-200-C tips on my "first TWS love", Lypertek Tevi, as well.
Man they sound good, and they still assert themselves very well compared to all my new ones.
I think they will be my walking/running/work out -buds for a long time to come, with their ipx7, battery time, comfort and sound quality. (a little bass boost in the eq with working out, since the Complys limit the bass a little with the Tevis as well)

Sep 23, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #37,778 of 62,437
Doesn't this mean there's plainly too much bass? It's the opposite of the usual "there's no bass" complaint from people not used to IEM who get a bad seal. :smile:

I had to severely EQ the mids and highs up when I had the MT.
Yes, that’s exactly it.
I was reading 2 reviews where this was mentioned and I thought it was really strange but gave it a try. I believe these were designed to have a shallow fit. I have been using them for 3 weeks and felt like they are way way too bassy even when eq’ed and it’s indeed was the seal. Their stock tips aren’t that great for my ears and was able to find at home something that fits between the S and M tips with wider bore. They sounded much much better now. Unfortunately, with the 3rd party tips there is another strange phenomena. When you adjust them to go deeper you get a really high pitch noise when pressing them. I’m trying to love them but it’s very difficult between the software glitches and the odd fit.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #37,779 of 62,437
Yes, that’s exactly it.
I was reading 2 reviews where this was mentioned and I thought it was really strange but gave it a try. I believe these were designed to have a shallow fit. I have been using them for 3 weeks and felt like they are way way too bassy even when eq’ed and it’s indeed was the seal. Their stock tips aren’t that great for my ears and was able to find at home something that fits between the S and M tips with wider bore. They sounded much much better now. Unfortunately, with the 3rd party tips there is another strange phenomena. When you adjust them to go deeper you get a really high pitch noise when pressing them. I’m trying to love them but it’s very difficult between the software glitches and the odd fit.
Forgive my editorializing, but it shouldn’t be so hard. I really wanted to like the MT…and even more…I REALLY wanted to LOVE the PI7 but it just didn’t take. And I just don’t think it should have to be so hard…either they’re right (even with some adjustments) or they aren’t. I returned the MT…kept the Klipsch T5 II…my wife found them more comfortable and better sounding without any/much effort. IMHO, seems to be the way it should be.
Just one man’s opinion, but that’s just my take.

edit: to be clear, I’m saying this as someone who is guilty of the same thing, trying very hard to make it work…thinking I’m doing something wrong that it isn’t working…driving me crazy. I just think there are so many choices available at every price point, I’m not sure it’s worth the driving crazy. Now, if you’re someone who appreciates the challenge, then go at it; more power to ya!

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #37,780 of 62,437
I liked the fit, except for the wingtips which were too hard and sharp and made my ears hurt. The sound was too bassy but I found it decent after EQ. But the software issues plus the wingtips made me decide to return them. I don't think they were meant for a shallow fit, given their shape is supposed to fit into the concha.

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #37,781 of 62,437
Nuraphones blow Nura True out of the water. Its not just the bass that's insane, but the mids and highs that are on another level of resolution and the separation/3D imaging thats immediatelly noticed. Noticeably superior. There's alot more space between instruments and that holographic effect that I'm accostumed to in much (much) more expensive headphones. You can pinpoint instruments with great accuracy here. I hate this cliché expression, but the difference is night and day, so huge they can't be compared. I thought they could be a bit better than the Nura Trues, maybe just the bass, but that is not the case at all. These play on another league and will be hard to be beaten by other BT headphones. They are totally worth the price (399€ new), it's a crime if you choose a SONY 1000X M4 for example, over these. They're on ebay for 150€-200€, this is a steal.

Seal was immediate, comfort excellent after 2 hours of use and ANC/isolation in these headphones is world-class. ANC still not on par with BOSE QC II, but still very good. Ambient mode is great, you can hear everything and talk with someone with the headphones in your ears. Call quality one of the best I've tried so far.

I guess its a goodbye to this thread, found my BT headohones. See you in heaven.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #37,782 of 62,437
Nuraphones blow Nura True out of the wster. Its not just the bass that's insane, but the mids and highs that are on another level of resolution and the separation/3D imaging thats immediatelly noticed. Much superior. There's alot more space between instruments and that holographic effect. I hate this cliché expression, but the difference is night and day, so huge they can't be compared.

I guess its a goodbye to this thread, found my BT headohones. See you in heaven.
You’ll be back 😁

Sep 23, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #37,783 of 62,437
Whassup players? Just got my HiBy WH2's.

The good:
  • The sound is pretty incredible playing Qobuz and Tidal from my iPhone 12 Pro Max over AAC.
  • The fit is unbelievable with Acoustune AET08's. Far better than Bose, Devialet, and Nuarl N6P
  • The case is itty bitty, like smaller than my thumb.
  • The magnets are insanely strong. It's almost hard to pull them out but that's good. They'll never fall out.

The "not good"...
  • The included tips are garbage... But I could say that about many of the TWS buds I've had and I always use my Acoustune's
  • With the Acoustune tips, the buds don't fit in the case so I need to keep them in the nice little bag the buds came with.
  • The case is tiny and heavy but the hinge is goofy looking. Like something you'd see on a kitchen cabinet door. Seems fine now but I wonder about the durability
I ran into one other problem... My HiBy R6 Pro won't pair with any bluetooth buds all of the sudden including these. I was really looking forward to hearing UAT or at the very least LDAC.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #37,784 of 62,437

The good:
  • The sound is pretty incredible playing Qobuz and Tidal from my iPhone 12 Pro Max over AAC.
  • The fit is unbelievable with Acoustune AET08's. Far better than Bose, Devialet, and Nuarl N6P
  • The magnets are insanely strong. It's almost hard to pull them out but that's good. They'll never fall out.

The "not good"...
  • The included tips are garbage... But I could say that about many of the TWS buds I've had and I always use my Acoustune's
  • With the Acoustune tips, the buds don't fit in the case so I need to keep them in the nice little bag the buds came with.
  • The case is tiny and heavy but the hinge is goofy looking. Like something you'd see on a kitchen cabinet door. Seems fine now but I wonder about the durability
I ran into one other problem... My HiBy R6 Pro won't pair with any bluetooth buds all of the sudden including these. I was really looking forward to hearing UAT or at the very least LDAC.
Did you get the BA or DD?

Sep 23, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #37,785 of 62,437

The good:

The "not good"...
(Immediately goes to search “HiBy WH2's”)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back