Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 18, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #34,456 of 62,436
Just to understand... Do they share a shell, or do they share internals, features, and tuning?
They are different is the point. One is oval with a tapered top with a button and the other is rounder with a guitar pick shape touch control on top. You can tell the plastic is different and the shape is different. They have 3 drivers and the same Qualcomm chip but so do others like Aviot which is on there 2nd version triple hybrid.

So, I just said it is not near the Mifo/Hiby deal so best to not even go there. I also said if a company like Cambridge want to use a housing already used once before to save money that is fine. Hopefully it keeps the price down for us. Obviously like Noble and Grado they(Cambridge) get help to make a TWS set. Noble promises no off the shelf parts but you pay $329.

Just stick to the Hiby/Mifo thing but that is China for you and again a DAP maker making a TWS so they took off the shelf parts and people can judge if the price is better that way and if they want to wait for reviews regarding the sound vs. the Mifo. The LDAC implementation and battery life in real world use are all a bit wait and see more than a Sony that is safer to buy blind. I myself think they did enough internally that they are not the Mifo but just my opinion and how well they did I am not sure. I would only be interested in the dual armature anyhow. Looks like the Mifo doesn't mean it is just a rebrand in a similar way to the Cambridge is not the Vibe.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #34,457 of 62,436
They are different is the point. One is oval with a tapered top with a button and the other is rounder with a guitar pick shape touch control on top. You can tell the plastic is different and the shape is different. They have 3 drivers and the same Qualcomm chip but so do others like Aviot which is on there 2nd version triple hybrid.

So, I just said it is not near the Mifo/Hiby deal so best to not even go there. I also said if a company like Cambridge want to use a housing already used once before to save money that is fine. Hopefully it keeps the price down for us. Obviously like Noble and Grado they(Cambridge) get help to make a TWS set. Noble promises no off the shelf parts but you pay $329.

Just stick to the Hiby/Mifo thing but that is China for you and again a DAP maker making a TWS so they took off the shelf parts and people can judge if the price is better that way and if they want to wait for reviews regarding the sound vs. the Mifo. The LDAC implementation and battery life in real world use are all a bit wait and see more than a Sony that is safer to buy blind. I myself think they did enough internally that they are not the Mifo but just my opinion and how well they did I am not sure. I would only be interested in the dual armature anyhow. Looks like the Mifo doesn't mean it is just a rebrand in a similar way to the Cambridge is not the Vibe.
Got it! Sorry I read too much into it

Jun 18, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #34,458 of 62,436
Just to understand... Do they share a shell, or do they share internals, features, and tuning? I disagree there is anything "fishy" about the same appearance - the only issue with that is if they did not have the right to reuse the physical design. Common internals, tuning, and features... That would be a major issue.
Bottom of the shell is the same. Top has a button whereas the Noble falcon Pros have a touchpad. They also share the same drivers. Same Qualcomm chip. Same battery live in the buds. I’ll have them on Wednesday so I’m looking forward to seeing them up close. You can read more within this chain earlier today because we had a great and informative discussion about it. I learned something new - ODM. I will bet that is what the case is here. It just means that Lypertek may have gotten some of the same tech. It’s a possibility. Looking forward to comparing the two.

Jun 18, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #34,459 of 62,436
The reality is a lot of companies use ODM versus OEM, most Fischer headphones and a lot of Brainwav products are ODM for example. This doesn't mean its fishy it just means they are not developing and manufacturing their own products fully. It also doesn't mean they can't put their own spin on the product in regards to tuning :wink:.

BTW when we make statements like these are the same except one has touch and the other has a button... well that means they are different LOL. That change alone would necessitate completely different manufacturing processes, the bottom of the shell might be able to be the same but the tops would be completely different as well as the internal electronic components.

One last comment, the Fischer and Brainwav companies both share the same ODM for a lot of their stuff or at least they use to. Brainwav was ALWAYS cheaper... This was because they used slightly less premium cosmetic components and their marketing was geared towards value versus prestige. If you are correct about Noble and Lypertek using the same ODM I am fully on board with you wanting to use the one geared towards value over prestige :xf_cool: , I would also be trying Lypertek...
Yeah seems pretty common practice to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

taotronics-soundliberty79-2.jpg

Melomania-Touch-side-on.jpg

Edit: yeah the vodo vibe looks even more similar

It's actually what turned me off from the Melomania Touch because of the design. And we'll I'm not really a fan of touch controls either.

I bought those taotronics sound liberty 79 above specifically for calls a while back. DO NOT BUY. It's a piece of crap. I would stick with Jabra's or APP.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #34,462 of 62,436
-----
Was there any talk about CA releasing a new software update for the MT in June? I think I remember seeing that earlier this month in this thread.
Yeah, I believe that @miserybeforethemusic mentioned something about beginning of next month possibly.

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #34,464 of 62,436
Although, if you're willing to wait it out until the end of the month, there is a MT firmware update that's coming around the corner and should address some of those issues you're facing.
Yep!

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #34,465 of 62,436
Was there any talk about CA releasing a new software update for the MT in June? I think I remember seeing that earlier this month in this thread.
Looks like @samandhi found it. Yep, that was me and what I understood. Still waiting patiently myself :)

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #34,466 of 62,436
Looks like @samandhi found it. Yep, that was me and what I understood. Still waiting patiently myself :)

Cool, I'll prob return the Sony XM4 if CA finally can adress all the remaning technical issues, and then be satisifed until we get proper LC3/BT 5.2 premium TWS. The price to performance ratio on the CA MT is just insane, just shame the various issues has taken over the discussion about them.

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #34,467 of 62,436
Yeah seems pretty common practice to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

taotronics-soundliberty79-2.jpg

Melomania-Touch-side-on.jpg

Edit: yeah the vodo vibe looks even more similar

It's actually what turned me off from the Melomania Touch because of the design. And we'll I'm not really a fan of touch controls either.

I bought those taotronics sound liberty 79 above specifically for calls a while back. DO NOT BUY. It's a piece of crap. I would stick with Jabra's or APP.
Outer shell of Vodo vibe & case looks almost exactly the same as MT. That's not good - it makes me curious about the insides. Vodo vibe doesn't seem to have an app, no qualcomm aptx, and probably a different software portion at least.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #34,468 of 62,436
Cool, I'll prob return the Sony XM4 if CA finally can adress all the remaning technical issues, and then be satisifed until we get proper LC3/BT 5.2 premium TWS. The price to performance ratio on the CA MT is just insane, just shame the various issues has taken over the discussion about them.
Agreed. It's such an easy pair to recommend on sound, but those usability issues are just that...issues. Roadblocks. Keeping my fingers crossed with you.
Outer shell of Vodo vibe looks almost exactly the same. That's not good - it makes me curious about the insides. Vodo vibe doesn't seem to have an app, no qualcomm aptx, and probably a different software portion at least.
Think I see where this is all coming.

Let's assume the coding/implementation is going to matter more than the hardware. We're probably so far down the road in dealing with consequences from this that we're arguing over the symptoms instead of paying attention to the problem, but let's entertain this anyway. As long as a business operates with integrity, this shouldn't be a problem. I don't see why any business wouldn't have an issue explaining the similarities, either, but I don't think that's what's happening anymore. I think that we, as consumers, have become complacent to a degree where we blindly trust companies to operate with integrity while they chase minimum parts/development cost, maximum profit, giving us cheap expendable plastic that's really all the same candy with a different wrapper. Or same drivers in a different shell. Or even same shell, different drivers. The biggest problem is they're not required to communicate any of that.

Supporting that doesn't sit right with me. I know from experience that a good amount of companies really don't care anyway. The business model doesn't support it, the supply chain doesn't support it, and we owe it to ourselves for having gotten there. The real question is what can you do now to separate the wheat from the chaff? The "dude, trust me" approach doesn't work anymore. I don't know how many of them can be trusted. I mean I get that some of you would rather I just kept my mouth shut about it and we talked about the latest gear, but I think this is important. It's your hobby and mine and I want there to be a semblance of originality left in a couple years.

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #34,469 of 62,436
I'm looking forward to CA's next release. I'm hoping they go for the gold with ANC and longer battery life too.

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #34,470 of 62,436
Outer shell of Vodo vibe & case looks almost exactly the same as MT. That's not good - it makes me curious about the insides. Vodo vibe doesn't seem to have an app, no qualcomm aptx, and probably a different software portion at least.
I'm sure the insides are different. I'm just not surprised that the designs are being borrowed from others. Some companies are just lazy and make it blatantly obvious, while others will change a few things here and there. Just like cars or other products. There only so much variations in the design one can make. At some point they are all going to look like each other.

Which is why I much prefer the M1 over the touch. Since it's an original design and it took them some time and effort into making it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back