Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 26, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #33,571 of 62,746
With them off, hold both power buttons for 10-20 seconds. However long it takes for them to do 2 sets of descending tones.

Then power them on for 3-5 seconds to self pairing mode. Both should blink blue fast, then press one button for a second. Once they pair one side will go dark and the other will blink red/blue.

Now pair to your device.
Thanks. Tried that and had high hopes that the ‘press one button for one second’ was the missing magic ingredient. But well, it might have done something… I tried several versions / times / intervals again. Twice I got at least voice prompts from both sides. Once I got requests from R to pair while L was connected. Once I had L and R show up at the same time. Weirdest version was that I had music coming from the phone’s speaker, while apparently both were connected enough that button presses would stop / start music …
I seem to recall that when I got them I also had to go through all kinds of permutations until suddenly it magically worked. Of course then I wanted to connect them to an AptX player (that was one reason why they bought them ) and ever since they are stewing around.

May 26, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #33,572 of 62,746
Hey guys! After my long search for a TWS, i finally bought Jabra EA75T 10 days ago on the used market. The shipping company really messed the shipping up and now the package is lost. I got my refund from the seller. So now im back to where i was earlier!

EA75T had multimode. Since my Phone actually takes dual sim, i have No need for multimode since i have my work sim in my private phone.

What other TWS is recommended? I want good sound, good batterylife, good/decent call quality and a case that is portable! A Plus for case/aftermarket case with a carabin hook!

My preferences for sound is in the U12T area. I know that the clarity and details that U12t has is not to be expected for a TWS.

May 26, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #33,573 of 62,746
Wow, didn’t know this existed. I mean, Soundiiz! Is it free? Reliable? Thanks.

Edit: just looked into it, it’s paid, at least for what I wanted it to do. As much as I respect they have to profit from their developing efforts, and I very much do, I am not willing to get another monthly cost, as small as it may be. When all these subscriptions add up, it’s crazy.
It's a shame, I really do think it's worth it. I do weekly syncs across multiple platforms (chiefly from Spotify) and it's been a good service.

May 26, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #33,574 of 62,746
Hey guys! After my long search for a TWS, i finally bought Jabra EA75T 10 days ago on the used market. The shipping company really messed the shipping up and now the package is lost. I got my refund from the seller. So now im back to where i was earlier!

EA75T had multimode. Since my Phone actually takes dual sim, i have No need for multimode since i have my work sim in my private phone.

What other TWS is recommended? I want good sound, good batterylife, good/decent call quality and a case that is portable! A Plus for case/aftermarket case with a carabin hook!

My preferences for sound is in the U12T area. I know that the clarity and details that U12t has is not to be expected for a TWS.
It may sound a bit stupid, but KZ TWS called SKS (it came out like last month) actually sounds quite nice. (With ultra-thin & soft ear tips )

I'm a proud owner of qdc Anole VX, and still enjoying KZ SKS, hard to find a frequency response chart, but it has a nice wide sound stage & bass (especially somewhere around 50hz sub-bass) rolled, maturely tuned mids, some vocal focus around 3khz, then gradually compensated trebles. Which from reading reviews of U12t, that may fit the signature description.

Price is $29 on Aliexpress, $48 on Amazon USA. If you have an android phone that supports Aptx, that's my recommendation over Moondrop Sparks (TWS: $90, single DD with beryllium-coatted), and Apple's infamous AirpodsPro(quite a nice tuning, lovely), or wireless modded with BT modules IEMS(the tails are just too inconvenient when running).

Actually, U12t might be my next big purchase! Hopefully by end of this year...

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #33,575 of 62,746
It may sound a bit stupid, but KZ TWS called SKS (it came out like last month) actually sounds quite nice. (With ultra-thin & soft ear tips )

I'm a proud owner of qdc Anole VX, and still enjoying KZ SKS, hard to find a frequency response chart, but it has a nice wide sound stage & bass (especially somewhere around 50hz sub-bass) rolled, maturely tuned mids, some vocal focus around 3khz, then gradually compensated trebles. Which from reading reviews of U12t, that may fit the signature description.

Price is $29 on Aliexpress, $48 on Amazon USA. If you have an android phone that supports Aptx, that's my recommendation over Moondrop Sparks (TWS: $90, single DD with beryllium-coatted), and Apple's infamous AirpodsPro(quite a nice tuning, lovely), or wireless modded with BT modules IEMS(the tails are just too inconvenient when running).

So soundquality wise you like the KZ SKS better than Sparks and Airpods Pro? Im actually happy that it i didnt end up with EA75T. After more research, they seems to have very muffled sound?!?

May 26, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #33,576 of 62,746
I am saving for the same...😭 If there is one IEM that'll make the exception of going into kilobuck territory, I think it'll be the U12t since they have near perfect and flawless ratings from almost all reviewers out there.
tumblr_pcpjptx7oc1sc0ffqo3_400.gif

May 26, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #33,577 of 62,746
Thanks. Tried that and had high hopes that the ‘press one button for one second’ was the missing magic ingredient. But well, it might have done something… I tried several versions / times / intervals again. Twice I got at least voice prompts from both sides. Once I got requests from R to pair while L was connected. Once I had L and R show up at the same time. Weirdest version was that I had music coming from the phone’s speaker, while apparently both were connected enough that button presses would stop / start music …
I seem to recall that when I got them I also had to go through all kinds of permutations until suddenly it magically worked. Of course then I wanted to connect them to an AptX player (that was one reason why they bought them ) and ever since they are stewing around.
Make sure you turn bluetooth off on your phone when re-pairing them together.

If it connects to the phone, instead of each other first, that'll be an issue.

May 26, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #33,578 of 62,746
I am saving for the same...😭 If there is one IEM that'll make the exception of going into kilobuck territory, I think it'll be the U12t since they have near perfect and flawless ratings from almost all reviewers out there.
Endgame is a myth. I've learned that. I've been in the $1000-2000 range for headphones before and honestly eventually it just turns into what is tuned a way you like and even then the differences are minute. I've been happier with my Hemp/FD5 combo than LCD-3/se846 and similar just because it happens to tickle my pickle better than others and I'm not constantly feeling like i have to justify the expense.

May 26, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #33,579 of 62,746
Endgame is a myth. I've learned that. I've been in the $1000-2000 range for headphones before and honestly eventually it just turns into what is tuned a way you like and even then the differences are minute. I've been happier with my Hemp/FD5 combo than LCD-3/se846 and similar just because it happens to tickle my pickle better than others and I'm not constantly feeling like i have to justify the expense.
I agree tbh, although the only big IEM I've owned for a long time was the Andromeda. With IEMs I felt that the cieling was hit way sooner, headphones, HD800S/Focal Clear/P9 for me were a new world. Andro, not so much. Going back to my tws I just can't feel anything major missing, maybe that's me. They're worse, but in a way I have to focus on. With top end over ears its so noticable my brain is immediately aware of the difference.

May 26, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #33,580 of 62,746
I agree tbh, although the only big IEM I've owned for a long time was the Andromeda. With IEMs I felt that the cieling was hit way sooner, headphones, HD800S/Focal Clear/P9 for me were a new world. Andro, not so much. Going back to my tws I just can't feel anything major missing, maybe that's me. They're worse, but in a way I have to focus on. With top end over ears its so noticable my brain is immediately aware of the difference.
For sure. I mean with TWS I don't think any of us are buying them for quiet listening sessions in the house. They're a mobile device. The amount of necessary fidelity is a good bit lower as long as they have a good tuning.

I do miss my LCD-3 some days, but I admit I'm not in much a rush to get them back.

May 26, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #33,582 of 62,746
So soundquality wise you like the KZ SKS better than Sparks and Airpods Pro? Im actually happy that it i didnt end up with EA75T. After more research, they seems to have very muffled sound?!?
Pure technicalities both Moondrop sparks /AirpodsPro are on upperhand, but bass presentation and overall tonality, KZ SKS is a very remarkable IEM, not gonna sound good with default tips, so it’s not an easy pick.
I tried tip rolls and noticed SKS only fits well with ultra thin-skinned black ear tips(Unique Melody’s “Blue Core” proprietary tips. The driver matches with that particular tip🤔

May 26, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #33,583 of 62,746
I just consulted with someone who have extensive experience of those, I may detour to Softears RS10 instead, as Anole VX and U12t with some differences, yet still may lay on the similar side of sounding..a bit of redundancy there.

Softears RS10 in Chinese forums I looked the other day, are as highly regarded as Anole VX, U12t. So I hope if there is a chance to try it, I may have a second thoughts for RS10.🤔

May 26, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #33,584 of 62,746
A little late to the party, but thanks for the feedback. I just ordered a pair today for order pick up at Best Buy, so we'll see! I had the PI3 when it was on sale at Costco and thought it sounded great, however, the design was a bit fussy with fit, so I ended up returning it. If the PI5 sound similar, I'll be a happy camper.

The PI7 look compelling, however, $399 for a pair of TWS is a little much, especially since I stream Apple Music from my iPhone and iPad Pro most of the time (or at the gym).
I am with you on the price as well. Without hearing anything remotely close to the PI5s in audio quality/sound level in a TWS, I really want to pull the trigger on another set like the PI7s, etc. to compare. I could use aptxHD with my Walkman using the PI7s, but find myself in convenience mode a lot using the iPhone (travel light as possible). I will probably keep them and use my airpods pros for conf calls/phone and the PI5s for music and the occasional call on the fly. The PI5s seal my ears much better than the airpods, so even in ambient mode it still feels like you are in a bit of a tunnel. Good luck and let me know what you think with them paired up in your scenario.

May 27, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #33,585 of 62,746
Pure technicalities both Moondrop sparks /AirpodsPro are on upperhand, but bass presentation and overall tonality, KZ SKS is a very remarkable IEM, not gonna sound good with default tips, so it’s not an easy pick.
I tried tip rolls and noticed SKS only fits well with ultra thin-skinned black ear tips(Unique Melody’s “Blue Core” proprietary tips. The driver matches with that particular tip🤔

I'm contemplating whether i should try the SKS or buy the AZ09 and pair it to my Blons, each have their own strengths (aptx and smaller size on the SKS compared to the larger battery of the AZ09), but i think i would hold back for now, seeing i have a bit of too many TWS now (and I'm expecting the Apollo Air from the mail too).

i was steering away from buying the Airpods Pro, but recently bought it because my wife is in a bit of an Apple ecosystem total-ness, switching her phone, tablet, and laptop to their product..so she bought the Airpods Pro too.

i gotta say, it does sound good. i like that it is tuned quite neutral. most might find it bland, but it's up in my alley of tuning. driver technicalities, it also one of the better one, I'd say on the level of the XM3, but just on a different tuning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back