Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 5, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #32,867 of 62,436
Three mile walk and nothing but dropouts with the B&W PI5. No, I don't have a metal plate in my head. What. This is awful. I can't even adjust them in my ears without them pausing and/or losing BT connection. Something is definitely up. I've reset, repaired, rebooted, you name it. Sure, they are okay if I'm sitting at my desk, but what is the fun in that???
Thanks for the update, that's annoying to say the least.

May 5, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #32,868 of 62,436
Thanks for the update, that's annoying to say the least.
It really is a bummer. Literally just sitting on the couch and if I rest my chin with my left arm, the buds cut out sometimes. Also, I was just on a call where the callers voice was going from the right to left bud and back at times. I might call B&W tomorrow or chalk this up to another return.

May 5, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #32,869 of 62,436
Three mile walk and nothing but dropouts with the B&W PI5. No, I don't have a metal plate in my head. What. This is awful. I can't even adjust them in my ears without them pausing and/or losing BT connection. Something is definitely up. I've reset, repaired, rebooted, you name it. Sure, they are okay if I'm sitting at my desk, but what is the fun in that???
Do you have pause on removal? When this happened with the B&W PX earlier firmware the "fix" was to disable that.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #32,870 of 62,436
Do you have pause on removal? When this happened with the B&W PX earlier firmware the "fix" was to disable that.
Yep. Tried that too while I was walking but maybe it didn’t take. I remember when the PX had that issue. Sennheiser Momentums too. Crazy. I don’t see a sensor on the buds that activates wear detect, so not sure the tech used. Maybe it’s just under the plastic. I’m going to do the old unpair, reboot, repair then turn off wear detect yet again and see if that helps.

May 5, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #32,871 of 62,436
Tranya have come out with a new version, the T10B - and they finally released 2 months after I pre-ordered them, and the T10B sounds even better than the T10. The T10B does have more bass, but the whole frequency range holds together much better than the original. A new favorite.

The only way I can tell the original T10 and new T10B apart is by the screen hole size on the end of the nozzle. The T10 has larger round holes and the T10B has many more small holes.

The other way to tell them apart is the Bass + wider soundstage of the new T10B's. :)

Tranya T10B
https://tranya.com/products/t10-b
New Manual: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0262/8855/4033/files/NEW_T10_-20201215.pdf?v=1616059744

The 2 pair I ordered came in the original T10 box, but the sticker on the back of the box says "Tranya T10B"

Tranya T10b.jpg

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #32,872 of 62,436
It really is a bummer. Literally just sitting on the couch and if I rest my chin with my left arm, the buds cut out sometimes. Also, I was just on a call where the callers voice was going from the right to left bud and back at times. I might call B&W tomorrow or chalk this up to another return.
Add one more. Used them tonight exercising. Phone was about 2 feet away from me on the floor next to my rower. Numerous dropouts. Using iPhone and the phone was on my right side. Shame. For $400 that just can’t happen. Too bad. Between the MW08 muddiness and this, consider me disappointed. I’ll give it a couple of days but this likely isn’t something that is gonna magically get better.

May 5, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #32,873 of 62,436
Add one more. Used them tonight exercising. Phone was about 2 feet away from me on the floor next to my rower. Numerous dropouts. Using iPhone and the phone was on my right side. Shame. For $400 that just can’t happen. Too bad. Between the MW08 muddiness and this, consider me disappointed. I’ll give it a couple of days but this likely isn’t something that is gonna magically get better.
Awful. Especially since we waited soooo long for these.

May 5, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #32,874 of 62,436
Awful. Especially since we waited soooo long for these.
This doesn’t feel like a firmware thing either. This is probably a design flaw. I give them credit for pushing the envelope on the technology but they seemed to have dropped the ball on the basics. Maybe they will respond to someone here that they are working on a fix.

May 5, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #32,875 of 62,436
So what’s the one to get now? I’ll test it out, but I’m going to return it with all the bad reviews. That’s so sad. Is the Sennheiser Momentum any good? Noble Falcon Pro? That seems to be similar to the sound of this one.

People have been buying the PI7 from Amazon. When I got mine, there were 10 available, and now there are only 2 available. Lucky I ordered the Status between pro, but if that’s a lie too, then I’ll just stick with what I have.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #32,877 of 62,436
So what’s the one to get now? I’ll test it out, but I’m going to return it with all the bad reviews. That’s so sad. Is the Sennheiser Momentum any good? Noble Falcon Pro? That seems to be similar to the sound of this one.

People have been buying the PI7 from Amazon. When I got mine, there were 10 available, and now there are only 2 available. Lucky I ordered the Status between pro, but if that’s a lie too, then I’ll just stick with what I have.
I highly recommend the NFPs or the KEFs. Both solid. Stay away from the B&Ws right now IMO.

May 5, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #32,878 of 62,436
I highly recommend the NFPs or the KEFs. Both solid. Stay away from the B&Ws right now IMO.
Unfortunately, I ordered it on Amazon yesterday and is coming Friday. Let’s see what happens. How is the microphone call quality on the KEFs or NFPs? I need a pair to do zoom calls or phone calls too during the day. Thanks.

May 6, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #32,880 of 62,436
Unfortunately, I ordered it on Amazon yesterday and is coming Friday. Let’s see what happens. How is the microphone call quality on the KEFs or NFPs? I need a pair to do zoom calls or phone calls too during the day. Thanks.
Mic on the NFPs is fine. Does it have to be a flagship if the PI7 doesn't work out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back