Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 30, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #32,611 of 62,436
Anyone notice any difference with the new APP 3E751 firmware?
I have new Comply tips (L), and just updated today.
Find both sound (deeper/punchier bass) and ANC noticably better.

FYI, I've returned my APP's 3 times because of the so called "Rattlegate" (and also missing bass and yellow ear fit test after a little while).
After Oct 20, they did some small improvements (recessed grills etc), and the last replacement I got was produced in January.
They are surprisingly good, and I use them every day now. Very good allrounder I think.

Apr 30, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #32,612 of 62,436
So, the info today is not that the Lypertek PurePlay Z7 is for sale but that it will be available in June. Price is $199. Figured the "Buy Now" link would start working today but just another announcement for the final details. :)

Apr 30, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #32,616 of 62,436
So how can Lypertek do a triple driver with aptx adaptive and advertise 10 hours (note they disclose that is with sbc and medium volume) but the pI7 are 4? Strange.
The B&W has two amps, one for each of the drivers so there goes your battery. Lypertek needs to show they have done a good job on pushing 3 drivers or do they not perform as well as they could in favor of better battery life. In about another month we will see how they did.

Apr 30, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #32,618 of 62,436
A standard answer but I found this -

https://support.bowerswilkins.com/a...-or-interference-when-streaming-via-bluetooth

Which kind of phone has the issue? Iphone or Andriod? Maybe a older or newer Bluetooth version interferes with other things?

found this just now too
https://www.quora.com/Why-don-t-my-...network-on-Android-devices-but-does-on-iPhone
That's the standard boilerplate stuff that one has to wade through before getting anyone to admit there is a problem - "no I didn't have my head in a microwave oven when the dropouts occurred", type of thing. In my case, the phone is Android, specifically a Pixel 5.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #32,619 of 62,436
Hey, Qi isn't the only wireless charging...
1619830701742.png

Now we got solar! :)

Apr 30, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #32,620 of 62,436
That's the standard boilerplate stuff that one has to wade through before getting anyone to admit there is a problem - "no I didn't have my head in a microwave oven when the dropouts occurred", type of thing. In my case, the phone is Android, specifically a Pixel 5.
And you are absolutely sure at least one earbud was in your ear(s) when the dropout(s) occurred and that they were powered on after unplugging the AC cord from the earbuds and counting backwards from 30 before plugging them back in?? (I am just kidding of course)

Apr 30, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #32,621 of 62,436
The B&W has two amps, one for each of the drivers so there goes your battery. Lypertek needs to show they have done a good job on pushing 3 drivers or do they not perform as well as they could in favor of better battery life. In about another month we will see how they did.
Good point on the amps. The lypertek look solid but getting up in the 200 price range means expectations are high.

Apr 30, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #32,622 of 62,436
PXL_20210501_010956610~2.jpg
A welcome surprise came in the mail today!

USPS didn't update their tracking, so I wasn't expecting a delivery. I thought they were still stuck in customs. :sweat_smile:

PXL_20210501_011709762.jpg

Couldn't get it to pair with my Pixel 5 for some reason. It will pair but not connect. Tries to connect then immediately disconnects. Same with the app. Will try to open but closes on its own.

I managed to get it to connect to my older Honor 8x phone though. App works fine on older phone too. App only allows 3 EQ presets??? No custom EQ is weird. I did notice some weird disconnects in a middle of a track too. Music will suddenly stop and skip to next?

So far it sounds amazing with the B2 Dusk though...this might be my favorite pairing with the Dusk so far. I already like them together more than with the hip dac. It's making me take back some of my earlier comments about the Dusk. These really make them come alive! :)

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #32,623 of 62,436
And you are absolutely sure at least one earbud was in your ear(s) when the dropout(s) occurred and that they were powered on after unplugging the AC cord from the earbuds and counting backwards from 30 before plugging them back in?? (I am just kidding of course)
:relaxed: Well, I do have some sympathy for tech support people. Back in the dark ages when I worked on mainframes, we used to do a loopback test (networks ran on twisted pairs in those days) and the routine was that we would ask the user at the other end to unplug the RS232 cable from his modem and insert a paper clip between pins 2 and 3 - send and receive. One user came back to the phone furious because he had been electrocuted. It turned out that he had unplugged the modem from the power socket and inserted his paper clip the power receptacle. It was pins 2 and 3, though.

Apr 30, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #32,624 of 62,436
PXL_20210501_010956610~2.jpgA welcome surprise came in the mail today!

USPS didn't update their tracking, so I wasn't expecting a delivery. I thought they were still stuck in customs. :sweat_smile:

PXL_20210501_011709762.jpg
Couldn't get it to pair with my Pixel 5 for some reason. It will pair but not connect. Tries to connect then immediately disconnects. Same with the app. Will try to open but closes on its own.

I managed to get it to connect to my older Honor 8x phone though. App works fine on older phone too. App only allows 3 EQ presets??? No custom EQ is weird. I did notice some weird disconnects in a middle of a track too. Music will suddenly stop and skip to next?

So far it sounds amazing with the B2 Dusk though...this might be my favorite pairing with the Dusk so far. I already like them together more than with the hip dac. It's making me take back some of my earlier comments about the Dusk. These really make them come alive! :)
It’s a PITA, but you could try updating firmware and hoping that fixes things. I do have to warn, the first bud updates easily, the second never had updated easily for me. Once one is updated both need to though.

I was able to get Jen to connect to my Blu branded phone, but app wouldn’t work. I can get it to connect on my Pixel 3 from both the phone and app though.

Apr 30, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #32,625 of 62,436
I dont get why they couldn't get a single amp with a crossover network in there instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back