Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 23, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #32,296 of 62,437
Can you elaborate on what you mean? Improves is a bit subjective. Is it a bit less U or V shaped? Appreciate any color you can give. From what I have read so far, sound signature of the MW08 and MW07 appear to be very similar except for some more bass on the MW08. Thanks.
Sorry, got caught short yesterday. Bass is extended and a bit deeper. But it could be associated to fit improvement

Apr 23, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #32,298 of 62,437
I have had the Sony WI-1000X since 2018. At no point have I ever heard something as a earbud sound as good for under $500. I went on Amazon and tried all the new 2021 stuff and a $100 pair of 2018 Sony's win.

NOTE - The Sony WI-1000XM2 is a DOWNGRADE in performance.
If you want a headphone Then the Sony WH-100XM3 (Not 2 or 4). Will give you the best sound without the extra features of the 4.

What I have not tried are the Sony True Wireless WX-1000XM3...I hope they sound like the WI-1000x or better.

Apr 23, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #32,299 of 62,437
Just got confirmation that the UTWS3 has shipped! :L3000:
I spent like 2 hours updating my MMCX yesterday. Still need to do my 2-pin. It was giving me issues during update, but eventually gave in. Update seemed to have fixed volume issues.

Apr 23, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #32,300 of 62,437
I spent like 2 hours updating my MMCX yesterday. Still need to do my 2-pin. It was giving me issues during update, but eventually gave in. Update seemed to have fixed volume issues.
Nice, I wish the UTWS3 had swappable adapters like the BT20s, but I guess I'll just settle with 3rd party adapters for now.

I quite like the BT20s pro sound quality wise. They drive the EST 112 really well and can get to very loud volume levels. The P1 on the other hand sounds good but harder to drive at higher volume. The tonal balance with the P1 is great though, I don't notice the leaness I previously heard. One other thing I don't like about them is not having a battery indicator level for the case. It's just red when charging then blue when full.

The whole experience with the Bluetooth adapters has been a game changer though. I enjoy my IEMs a lot more now and can easily switch between them. Before I would have a ritual of opening a different case, untangling the wires, plugging in the dac/amp to my phone, etc. Spent a whole 2 min to setup. Now it's just plug and play and way more freedom!

Apr 23, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #32,301 of 62,437
I mean that describes the EA75t pretty darn well and you also get ANC (not the best implementation, but not an original feature). It's not going to be the pinnacle of sound quality, but it's a darn good workout pair for energetic listening. Jaybirds used to bore me to tears.

They're also coated with something different and it helps them stay in my ears, but ymmv. I do appreciate their grippiness; it comes in handy (pun half-intended).
Thanks for the feedback. I have the Active 65t and bought the 75t today. I like them so far, but I’m always second guess every purchase (just demoed 5 subwoofers for my home theater before settling) and over analyze my purchases.

I think it’s because I grew up with little money and have to remind myself I can treat myself to whatever I want now.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #32,302 of 62,437
Thanks for the feedback. I have the Active 65t and bought the 75t today. I like them so far, but I’m always second guess every purchase (just demoed 5 subwoofers for my home theater before settling) and over analyze my purchases.

I think it’s because I grew up with little money and have to remind myself I can treat myself to whatever I want now.
Well I'm glad you like them and please don't feel like you have to apologize for wanting to make sure you get the right product for you. That's what forums like this are for. Ask away.

Apr 23, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #32,303 of 62,437
Yes, I have to avoid that comments section. Just filled with people saying I'm order number 4XXX, when do I get mine. Kudos to Status for replying back to every single one of them, though. I think that speaks a lot to your post-sales support concerns. Hopefully it's not an act, but I don't think Status has ever done anything shady in the past as is.

You said you've had experience with them in the past. What was the product?
The BT-One on-ear phones. You’ll find feedback on them on Amazon. I nabbed them for a ridiculous $49 with a coupon. They came off at $99 MSRP (the tan ones still are) but are $69 now. IMHO they Just sound .... right. Lots of Amazon buyers seem to agree. I use them doing time in our massage chair. Anyway, the BT-One is a big reason I took a chance on the BPs.

Apr 23, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #32,304 of 62,437
Defintitely call or email M&D. This happened to me and I'm in CA! After I called, suddenly my package moved.

Got my B&Ws in my ears right now. They fit me better than my MW08. Tighter. Better seal. They sound great (I'll compare with MW08 during the day). Better mids than the MW08. ANC blows away the MW08. I put them in, the world went silent here at home. Case is plastic. Qi works well. Two wishes - Volume control and for transparency to kick in when I pause music. Guessing this can be fixed in a firmware update. It's going to be a fun Friday!
Will be comparing to Falcon Pro?
Defintitely call or email M&D. This happened to me and I'm in CA! After I called, suddenly my package moved.

Got my B&Ws in my ears right now. They fit me better than my MW08. Tighter. Better seal. They sound great (I'll compare with MW08 during the day). Better mids than the MW08. ANC blows away the MW08. I put them in, the world went silent here at home. Case is plastic. Qi works well. Two wishes - Volume control and for transparency to kick in when I pause music. Guessing this can be fixed in a firmware update. It's going to be a fun Friday!

Apr 23, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #32,305 of 62,437
Please share your impressions about the battery life and how well the case transmitter works for the PI7! :)

Hows the SQ and latency when using the PI7 with the case on a PC?
I am using the case as BT transmitter from my Sony TV. The sound quality very good when watching movie today. No latency issues. Paired to 2 Samsung smartphones and one DAP with excellent results.

Apr 23, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #32,306 of 62,437
I am using the case as BT transmitter from my Sony TV. The sound quality very good when watching movie today. No latency issues. Paired to 2 Samsung smartphones and one DAP with excellent results.
After 2 hrs playing the movie Stowaway the battery was spent. I guess the earbuds plus case transmitting was a increased load. I will try over the weekend to be sure that I have 100% on both buds and case before running a movie on Netflix on the TV. Maybe a USB-C splitter would work with charging cable on one port while using the supplied USB-C to 3.5 cable on the other.

Apr 24, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #32,307 of 62,437
Nice, I wish the UTWS3 had swappable adapters like the BT20s, but I guess I'll just settle with 3rd party adapters for now.

I quite like the BT20s pro sound quality wise. They drive the EST 112 really well and can get to very loud volume levels. The P1 on the other hand sounds good but harder to drive at higher volume. The tonal balance with the P1 is great though, I don't notice the leaness I previously heard. One other thing I don't like about them is not having a battery indicator level for the case. It's just red when charging then blue when full.

The whole experience with the Bluetooth adapters has been a game changer though. I enjoy my IEMs a lot more now and can easily switch between them. Before I would have a ritual of opening a different case, untangling the wires, plugging in the dac/amp to my phone, etc. Spent a whole 2 min to setup. Now it's just plug and play and way more freedom!
I think I may have said this already, but I drive my P1 at around 50% volume with the BT20S Pro. The UTWS3 is a little more powerful though.

Apr 24, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #32,308 of 62,437
I'm curious what sort of data cable do you connect to the case? USB-C?

Apr 24, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #32,309 of 62,437
Apr 24, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #32,310 of 62,437
After 2 hrs playing the movie Stowaway the battery was spent. I guess the earbuds plus case transmitting was a increased load. I will try over the weekend to be sure that I have 100% on both buds and case before running a movie on Netflix on the TV. Maybe a USB-C splitter would work with charging cable on one port while using the supplied USB-C to 3.5 cable on the other.

OH wow, just 2 hours :/

I guess that's why we haven't seen this technology before...

Still impressive tho.

But what if you hook it up via a USB cable? Will the case charge and play audio from the P17 at the same time?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back