Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 8, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #30,391 of 62,439
Finally!
IMG_20210308_141105_Bokeh.jpg
Battery is completely dead on both the buds and case. Going to be sitting on the charger for a while. Those buds really lock into the case, by the way. Holy wow.

Also brownie points for the abundance of metal on the case. It's been chilly outside, so everything is nice and cool to the touch.
Been here. They're good. They fit really well with the MTW2 tips IMO.

Mar 8, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #30,392 of 62,439
In the market for a new pair of running headphones - would any MW07 Go owners be able to confirm if they support AAC? I've read that the Plus doesn't, but seen conflicting reports on the Go. Much appreciated!
SBC/aptX only. Sorry.
Been here. They're good. They fit really well with the MTW2 tips IMO.
Ooooh good call. I'll keep that in mind.

I do like how the stock tips are color-matched. Cheap thrills, I guess. Got a kick out of my daughter's Edifiers having matching pink tips, too.

Mar 8, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #30,394 of 62,439
Finally!
IMG_20210308_141105_Bokeh.jpg
Battery is completely dead on both the buds and case. Going to be sitting on the charger for a while. Those buds really lock into the case, by the way. Holy wow.

Also brownie points for the abundance of metal on the case. It's been chilly outside, so everything is nice and cool to the touch.

Good luck. Curious to see what you think. Mine are in my bag ready to take to Kohls with me tomorrow for an Amazon return. They have great features just don't have the punch I like. Plus the fact they got here barely charged unlike any other buds I've tried, I think tells me the drain bug is real.

Mar 8, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #30,395 of 62,439
Good luck. Curious to see what you think. Mine are in my bag ready to take to Kohls with me tomorrow for an Amazon return. They have great features just don't have the punch I like. Plus the fact they got here barely charged unlike any other buds I've tried, I think tells me the drain bug is real.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for no issues. Looks like they loosely packed in sheets talking about the app, though, so I assume it's at least a new-ish batch. Would have assumed they'd be packed with the other paperwork otherwise.

Mar 8, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #30,396 of 62,439
So turns out it's not a bug. They even mention it shipping empty in the manual:
Screenshot_20210308-144623.jpg

Mar 8, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #30,398 of 62,439
Technics case is still charging, but the buds are good to go for now. Running them on ANC at first and with no other adjustments to try to get a good initial impression on them. Here's what I've got:

These are, without a doubt, built with materials worthy of their asking price. Everything feels nice to the touch. Nothing creaks. It just feels dense. I approve. Have mixed feelings about the little L/R nub they put on each bud, but I imagine that's to help you figure out which ear is which without having to look.

Setup was equally easy; only the JBLs so far set up easier and that's because you have to first take the Technics out of their case for initial pairing (with the JBLs, you don't). Even the firmware update, though somewhat long, effortlessly worked. So far, so good. Hey, that case is still charging...I hope that's not going to be a regular problem, but I guess I can just leave them to charge overnight.

Technics even manages to carry the design language of the buds into their app. Hard to explain, but it's intuitive and well-designed. Still not finding a fault here.

How do they sound? They're not too shabby. At first listen, they're considerably bass-light compared to, say the MTs, but then you realize no one range seems to play above the other. In that sense, the AZ70W might be unapologetically neutral. Pretty cool that the Bass Boost has a very limited band, adding to impact without the bloat. Does collapse the stage a bit, though.

I can tell these are going to be a pair you have to sit with and get used to. The UEs were the same way. They're definitely not consumer-tuned and they won't hide any recording blemishes (admittedly, the UEs can mask bad recordings just a little better). Sometimes, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Mar 8, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #30,399 of 62,439
Couple downsides from the otherwise great sounding MT's. Transparent mode is really mediocre. Tested it out by turning it on and off when having talk radio or TV on in the same room. At 100% it just mostly turns on white noise. At 75% it's really not much better. The Technics crushed ambient mode, with the MTW2's in second place. Also the MT's don't click into the charging case as easily or reliably as pretty much any of the other buds I've tried. Apparently the right one didn't click in to charge even though it seemed like it, because just taking them out on a walk the left bud was 85% charged with the right bud 56% charged.

Mar 8, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #30,400 of 62,439
Technics case is still charging, but the buds are good to go for now. Running them on ANC at first and with no other adjustments to try to get a good initial impression on them. Here's what I've got:

These are, without a doubt, built with materials worthy of their asking price. Everything feels nice to the touch. Nothing creaks. It just feels dense. I approve. Have mixed feelings about the little L/R nub they put on each bud, but I imagine that's to help you figure out which ear is which without having to look.

Setup was equally easy; only the JBLs so far set up easier and that's because you have to first take the Technics out of their case for initial pairing (with the JBLs, you don't). Even the firmware update, though somewhat long, effortlessly worked. So far, so good. Hey, that case is still charging...I hope that's not going to be a regular problem, but I guess I can just leave them to charge overnight.

Technics even manages to carry the design language of the buds into their app. Hard to explain, but it's intuitive and well-designed. Still not finding a fault here.

How do they sound? They're not too shabby. At first listen, they're considerably bass-light compared to, say the MTs, but then you realize no one range seems to play above the other. In that sense, the AZ70W might be unapologetically neutral. Pretty cool that the Bass Boost has a very limited band, adding to impact without the bloat. Does collapse the stage a bit, though.

I can tell these are going to be a pair you have to sit with and get used to. The UEs were the same way. They're definitely not consumer-tuned and they won't hide any recording blemishes (admittedly, the UEs can mask bad recordings just a little better). Sometimes, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

For me the thing that made me dislike them was the fit. They are so bulbous that I could never maintain a secure fit as they stick out so far from the ears.
I hated the case. It looks premium but I never would get the buds seated correctly even when they looked correct. Makes the MT seem easy by comparison.
I loved female vocals on them but otherwise the sound did nothing for me.
Unlike the wow of the Sennheiser or the MT or even the JBL.
Honestly I find the Sony since it can be EQ'd with more effecr were a better value and gave up nothing to the Technics.

Mar 8, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #30,401 of 62,439
Couple downsides from the otherwise great sounding MT's. Transparent mode is really mediocre. Tested it out by turning it on and off when having talk radio or TV on in the same room. At 100% it just mostly turns on white noise. At 75% it's really not much better. The Technics crushed ambient mode, with the MTW2's in second place. Also the MT's don't click into the charging case as easily or reliably as pretty much any of the other buds I've tried. Apparently the right one didn't click in to charge even though it seemed like it, because just taking them out on a walk the left bud was 85% charged with the right bud 56% charged.
Lots of people have an issue with the right bud in charging case. I'm pretty sure it's a slight MT case design issue. Be sure the red light turns on before you close the case. I'm used to it now so doesn't bother me anymore or take more than 2 seconds.

If the red light is not on then it's not charging, and you must wiggle them until red light comes on

Mar 8, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #30,402 of 62,439
For me the thing that made me dislike them was the fit. They are so bulbous that I could never maintain a secure fit as they stick out so far from the ears.
I hated the case. It looks premium but I never would get the buds seated correctly even when they looked correct. Makes the MT seem easy by comparison.
I loved female vocals on them but otherwise the sound did nothing for me.
Unlike the wow of the Sennheiser or the MT or even the JBL.
Honestly I find the Sony since it can be EQ'd with more effecr were a better value and gave up nothing to the Technics.
Our ears are definitely not built the same. These lock right into place with the stock tips and they are legitimately the first TWS without a fin that don't budge once they're in.

That being said, they're absolute treble cannons if you don't have enough EQ to tame them. Swapping out the tips with some SpinFit CP360 and using Neutralizer has helped bring in a lot of the midrange that feels otherwise sucked out in stock form, but some of the sibilance I get on these tracks is either inherent to the dynamic driver itself or a byproduct of having to use AAC. These are definitely going to be an at-home pair unless ANC really is as good as they say it is.

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #30,403 of 62,439
Our ears are definitely not built the same. These lock right into place with the stock tips and they are legitimately the first TWS without a fin that don't budge once they're in.

That being said, they're absolute treble cannons if you don't have enough EQ to tame them. Swapping out the tips with some SpinFit CP360 and using Neutralizer has helped bring in a lot of the midrange that feels otherwise sucked out in stock form, but some of the sibilance I get on these tracks is either inherent to the dynamic driver itself or a byproduct of having to use AAC. These are definitely going to be an at-home pair unless ANC really is as good as they say it is.
They did have good ANC. For me though I prefer the Sony for ANC and overall sound.

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #30,404 of 62,439
Man, this is a real treat on the Technics. I definitely think these things were completely cut off at the knees from their in-app EQ limitations:

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #30,405 of 62,439
Finally got to test the 85t w/Jabra Link (both 370 and 380) but can't figure out how to enable Stereo audio quality w/the mics on (I've installed the Jabra Direct app and ensured all FW are updated). Under Win10 Sound Settings I have set the output and input device as Jabra Link and when I listen to music, it plays it only in mono mode. Once I set input to anything but the Jabra Link then I get back Stereo mode (but then it defeats the purpose of having an all-in-one solution via the 85t). Anyone have this working properly?

Can you tell me how or what you used to test mono/ stereo mode? I have the 380 and I can try to replicate it on my Win 10 laptop and let you know.
Don't think that'll work, but I honestly haven't tested it. What I meant is that call quality is significantly improved and people I'm on the call are very grateful for it. The barrier between that old BT sound-like-you're-at-the-end-of-a-hall-and-underwater sound is gone. Additionally, music quality for general listening when I'm not on calls is significantly improved. Finally, having the ability to EQ sound mid-call has been a major plus for people who are running sub-optimal conference call setups.

Also, the USB-C dongle is tiny and barely takes up more space than the plug itself.

I find the sound quality excellent for my Cisco Jabber work calls too. I'm curious though if my 75t Actives apply any kind of noise cancellation during VOIP calls though while using the 380 as they definitely do on normal smartphone calls. Do you think that's the case with your 85t?

By the way, keep at it with your other TWS sets. It's a bitch to pair them the first time (make sure to first turn off the bluetooth setting on your computer) but eventually the 380 will see them under ''Available Devices". Takes a good solid 10 or so minutes and the trick is to turn their pairing feature on (if they have one) and keep putting them back in their cases and taking them back out and pressing "Search" on the Jabra Direct software repeatedly. Once you see them under" Available devices" you can easily choose "Connect" and you're good to go from there. Know that the Connect option will not change to a connected status and the only time you'll know they're connected is when you get the audio confirmation from your TWS. After that they'll automatically connect every time you take them out of their case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back