Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 8, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #30,361 of 62,091
Yep. Tiny little bugger, too. Didn't accomplish my goal of pairing up some of the other TWS+ buds, but worth it alone on the call quality and SQ upgrades.
So you're able to still listen to music in stereo while the mic is active? If so, which TWS is that with?

Mar 8, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #30,362 of 62,091
So you're able to still listen to music in stereo while the mic is active? If so, which TWS is that with?
Don't think that'll work, but I honestly haven't tested it. What I meant is that call quality is significantly improved and people I'm on the call are very grateful for it. The barrier between that old BT sound-like-you're-at-the-end-of-a-hall-and-underwater sound is gone. Additionally, music quality for general listening when I'm not on calls is significantly improved. Finally, having the ability to EQ sound mid-call has been a major plus for people who are running sub-optimal conference call setups.

Also, the USB-C dongle is tiny and barely takes up more space than the plug itself.

Mar 8, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #30,363 of 62,091
Ok it's official MTW2 going back.
They are very good but ANC is just OK and truthfully CA MT just sound as good or better for every song.
Sennheiser sound great for certain genres and not so good for others where the lower mids and upper bass sound a bit muffled whereas the MT sound deeper and can bring the mids forward more through EQ.

In fact despite the great deal on the cx400bt they offer nothing over the MT either except slightly better touch controls.

Brief try with the large Spinfit 360 on the right and seems first time ever a Spinfit tip felt right in a bud. Will trying the left and if large fits there too might even order the extra large for the right to get it sealed even better since the depth doesn't change.

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #30,364 of 62,091
They are very good but ANC is just OK and truthfully CA MT just sound as good or better for every song.
Sennheiser sound great for certain genres and not so good for others where the lower mids and upper bass sound a bit muffled whereas the MT sound deeper and can bring the mids forward more through EQ.

In fact despite the great deal on the cx400bt they offer nothing over the MT either except slightly better touch controls.

Brief try with the large Spinfit 360 on the right and seems first time ever a Spinfit tip felt right in a bud. Will trying the left and if large fits there too might even order the extra large for the right to get it sealed even better since the depth doesn't change.
I'd say that's two giant thumbs up...and here I felt like I was going to get drawn and quartered if y'all bought the MTs and hated them.

And I'll be honest; between all my pairs, the only 3 that have gotten steady rotation have been the Jabra 85T, UE FITS, and Cambridge MT. The EFPs sneak in there from time to time just because of how dang small and easy to use they are, but the remainder of the pairs haven't gotten as much love. Maybe I can try to fix that this week, because there really is something impressive in each one of these.

Also good to know that I'm not missing much of anything with the Senns that never arrived. My PayPal case was supposed to be decided yesterday, but in the age of zero accountability, we've blown right past that deadline. Would be really nice to get that money back. Technics were marked Out for Delivery for the 3rd day in a row, so maybe 3rd time's a charm.

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #30,367 of 62,091
What's the best current option for an MMCX True Wireless adapter? Was sort of looking at the ibasso CF01 and also Shure's option as well.
There's also the Fiio UTWS3, which ups the ante and gives you the ability to use both 0.78mm 2-pin and MMCX. @BigZ12 beat me to the punch, but that's probably where I'd put my recommendation as well.

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #30,368 of 62,091
I'd say that's two giant thumbs up...and here I felt like I was going to get drawn and quartered if y'all bought the MTs and hated them.

And I'll be honest; between all my pairs, the only 3 that have gotten steady rotation have been the Jabra 85T, UE FITS, and Cambridge MT. The EFPs sneak in there from time to time just because of how dang small and easy to use they are, but the remainder of the pairs haven't gotten as much love. Maybe I can try to fix that this week, because there really is something impressive in each one of these.

Also good to know that I'm not missing much of anything with the Senns that never arrived. My PayPal case was supposed to be decided yesterday, but in the age of zero accountability, we've blown right past that deadline. Would be really nice to get that money back. Technics were marked Out for Delivery for the 3rd day in a row, so maybe 3rd time's a charm.

Don't get me wrong I live the sound on the sennheisers and they sound different than profile of most other buds with great soundstage.
But certain genres they are missing a certain loneliness that JBL and MT have.

Just wish the JBL had better ANC. Hard to justify keeping them and the MT.
The only actual benefit of the JBL is wireless charging case and maybe a tiny reduction in noise low end rumble with ANC and I like their implementation of ambient modes. But I lose volume control to have that on the buds.

Now if they had Sony's or even Samsung's ANC they would be my only bud.
For now think I will just hang on to the MT and see what else comes down the road. At worse they will always be my shorts buds as they are very secure ipx4 and have plenty of volume and bass.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #30,369 of 62,091
Don't get me wrong I live the sound on the sennheisers and they sound different than profile of most other buds with great soundstage.
But certain genres they are missing a certain loneliness that JBL and MT have.

Just with the JBL had better ANC. Hard to justify keeping them and the MT.
The only actual benefit of the JBL is wireless charging case and maybe a tiny reduction in noise low end rumble with ANC and I like their implementation of ambient modes. But I lose volume control to have that on the buds.

Now if they had Sony's or even Samsung's ANC they would be my only bud.
For now think I will just hang on to the MT and see what else comes down the road. At worse they will always be my shorts buds as they are very secure ipx4 and have plenty of volume and bass.
Might as well wait for more buds to show up down the road. I am rolling with the MT for at least a year.

I also personally don't like to keep too many buds/headphones on hand at a time - I prefer buying when I need to. Not only can I not afford to have multiple ones, but having too many choices makes it difficult to choose lol. If I enjoy a piece, I just stick with it until it breaks or if I get sick of it. Right now I have a Sennheiser HD600 I have been using for a few years - love the sound but now I'm starting to get sick of the same same every day. I'm considering selling them and moving to something different. After a couple years, I just get sick of stuff and move onto something different.

Mar 8, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #30,370 of 62,091
Gave the JBLs the Neutralizer treatment this morning. Ended up with the following curves based off each mode. Kinda interesting how this will point out what changes to the sound signature each mode causes:
90nBjsG4W4jONW5xhmubgJdgEZ1QEEuk_SfnoeXy9Ptc5cCjtbyfBDR_ZdLrqtWGq_7ch2AnR8oBNrSP4m9-riI6ynMcGjP90z9iaYy8T3VKskIePC97kITrWnnMmtvu6o8njUVwwAhbjMsJsq_UgBTWVEgfB3Rkll46fsUT40B4YPJhcMCpEs_INBcTbKOccz8L0NUpSC7mjulpxLXGfTd_KpGEq_FJV8EJv1Qs9qvQe4L43jgrfjBI-X6EOOQnJEf_U3Ok7edgqweHD--LdFH3gsjonf6kv4ShFdeeB8B2sizSHeVONyxepfSDxshoNVksY7bQeqGgb-YJWZhpLy7JePsxINGZvzSMJ_XO9ORvrNuuJYe8KMioIA5EQnv8bb8MLwvHIac91Cd3JxQHOPgYVm27D0B3_MhmVGALj4mXYcIqgtcVhZ4fPWDbXCspCLnkrb339vxOMt63lW5xNfdes6UZMsjvVOnRojery8w0QW5-S-62Vjib0UzT1ulpzqRll1ldIRNBF0F3eQDIGIOC9BmOZaYnFfgQOQN_ucNRc6QNZRG7kQTZ1sbkoFbzm1Ibejkh9joswgQkavYpcOkYO9zOEjnqG6gUn1VyRk3VCZFMRsic8W2MknB5wmH08Jier8n217XnRkm_cnp94qjmWk33roUFZoBHpXSwbbchflCJ6XyYAHkRccqdHW4=w1080-h706-no

I_KeuLgQphEWHzwNVJhUCPb7E-QJbDHUUq1FVTqWtmymsO5k1k0DnFFrdMjiHIcvWapTuhzGeqgplSv0ektB1ms4oOV2hNjD28zJwezLccowQWcRtG24JyauUOksmoFHrQvIoVSfY1n4fa6KAsnHKnT25qPjhOdyM97Yo-glGs7MTJRGPEDJC8C1WVCen-mQDxU3pt6nAtqrShXjaxWnf-VW3AgQhWZaF2R3-RdBjIAHUhbT4V0pUbNA321da5FELr2thDpjA10BXLEt5MwCsKngmWb4wsocY_0fGOslljeE56TuoHuEK5kmmvlR5pcWhvSOTEdPySCtaOg0T2O82EML820WmVlZMaC3aJipfdTTqvPgm8QbKdycnm5kvP04d36_kyoV9Y3cnuZkOxfMEX1C6EFiDDQrc_ln_ePGJSwFgnW08192VHZobzNAqCrvbMi6U0LdwlnysSgTYKEMJyNRC3-lN7XYPLgOsQcEwm4xFiKEiOORLk722uSU60NM5VsBvLE67UA6_wH6XdaWqJVGKTk_jJ2gMohN2HlfzRd0kM4N3pOe46QeTNydQdO7f3v7KCAbxKuCx6_zbvTHG4E_5V5MX4O25_jGsk4iizn5gBszlY_dTpyK62wfFKIhSp1HI7HYEjWvBvN_IKLLg02-Y8-6zv7wvm17wdjuZ6uY8qsFjUKjSVI8j2VK-Zw=w1080-h696-no

QIs2mR1aZ3vhPN5E604yJJ-QaBH-m2Pjj3jplFfzNWL5DrpVFy4JhZkG6FKrn1k4HvlIM37mJozjSnfjMSiqwESMHcELjahT9E4U0_kELNWZU2JQGAAKvLKw6BTBtbYq-N0t2D3VbrIHbryLahrjqqoirfk9QsrdZO3ghyzIinhF7yAi8WXwj4XU2tcAxoTjgJjjDxil7LG4uLeRXh8WuZ_QXWT1Tk6spDaJL9S7dD7QEG9OdH7RGDseqGwb79hIwMP9jHKlRpshS_VB3jpwENa-JsaM3jXtTHXcv88m8A251YG6pMmn9e_15HA4TnEHp2yX8tR9v3KIQfIXcNJmEcWsZSX0vQYJ6ShY6L64dsbSPF0lsJI3d4dGZ1rbggCnm3Tjw0l9PiCPqTNzHT0_FO0JkaWmETjsSVVw36rA0vEV2OsRI_rqxKN_gbcCp1fAnZv9vBpg3dfvKDcyLoHF_hgttd8BrkLIImMjFgN6Iff4p50bkaaTiu9d1BdtcNYG_oZ26nPE5_ioAYi_K8nNQeqbVIY_SuHfYPBFjFkZrfzqhI405O-1OcBoCd3zsYdgReM-4wXME4ysEJ4OpQHS05cTLBc-H8xRrPK53rwRPDhDXWneFW8ekjSGcYf3A29Z4ufnE9N9yiC6skNUV212IO70PSxO5tZAfeNuQvQxfrRpuSto18fK9W_UbJrzNFE=w1080-h706-no
Might as well wait for more buds to show up down the road. I am rolling with the MT for at least a year.
Probably a good idea. Wait around for another major change to BT protocols, power delivery, or something similar. Considering COVID wiped out my ability to seek recreation in public, this is the next best thing, so I just reallocated my "night out" budget towards this rabbit-hole of a hobby.

Really don't regret it.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #30,371 of 62,091
Gave the JBLs the Neutralizer treatment this morning. Ended up with the following curves based off each mode. Kinda interesting how this will point out what changes to the sound signature each mode causes:

Probably a good idea. Wait around for another major change to BT protocols, power delivery, or something similar. Considering COVID wiped out my ability to seek recreation in public, this is the next best thing, so I just reallocated my "night out" budget towards this rabbit-hole of a hobby.

Really don't regret it.
Can you show your results and also explain what the pictures mean?

Mar 8, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #30,372 of 62,091
Can you show your results and also explain what the pictures mean?
Forum's doing some weird stuff with attachments when posting from mobile lately, so I had to link the photos externally. Post should be updated with photos now, hidden behind a spoiler tag.

Neutralizer runs pretty similar to Jabra's or Soundcore's HearID features. They just play a series of tones and make adjustments based on your ability to hear them. In Neutralizer's case, it's a manual adjustment. This really comes in handy when you might want a fairly neutral signature, but don't mind adding some sub-bass back in. Considering how receptive the JBLs are to EQ, it was kinda interesting to see that the adjustments are fairly similar to the MTs: bump subbass/bass a hair, drop midrange up to about 6k, then a small climb to 8k for presence. Kinda reminds me of the Harman target, which makes sense.

Been fun playing this during the demo period:

Mar 8, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #30,373 of 62,091
There's also the Fiio UTWS3, which ups the ante and gives you the ability to use both 0.78mm 2-pin and MMCX. @BigZ12 beat me to the punch, but that's probably where I'd put my recommendation as well.
This looks like a good option. Definitely going to see if I can get my hands on a set some time soon.

Mar 8, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #30,375 of 62,091

How is the transparency of the MT compared to the 85t? Call quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back