Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 10, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #29,146 of 62,573
It's a good time to be alive. I have the Noble Falcon Pro and the Devialet Gemini engaged in a fight to the death. Both of these TWS sound excellent with a dynamic fun sound. It's really close. Both are v shaped and both offer an EQ in the app to sculpt the sound (the Falcon responds better to EQ). If I had to choose one to live with on an island, I'd probably take the Gemini but not without second thoughts. They sound just a bit more musical and cohesive to me overall with the added bonus of ANC. Out of the box and without any EQ they sound terrific. The sub bass is present with very little bleed and there is a little bit of warmth to them. They can be a little shouty but this doesn't usually both me at my age (46 with tinnitus). I prefer the sizzle to rolled off highs. They remind me of the excellent MW07 but on steroids.

The Falcon Pro are superb in their own right. The bass hits hard and fast although perhaps just a bit less sub bass. They win in terms of clarity and detail. They also win in terms of soundstage. While I was concerned about the stem length being too long on the Pro, I actually prefer the fit to the Gemini. They isolate better and stay put while the Gemini are constantly sliding around when I'm moving. Noble gets extra points for immediately pairing and updating via the iPhone APP.

Both of these TWS showcase just how good TWS can sound if price is not an object. I may just have to keep both.
Nice! I want to pick up the NFP, but they're OOS on Amazon. Got the Grado's and the Melomania Touch today. Enjoying both but it's early. Returning the Gemini for sure. Got tired of the issues and always resetting them. Hopefully, Devialet irons the issues out.

Feb 11, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #29,147 of 62,573
Yeah, I just packed up my Gemini's for a return. I'll revisit when they fix things. I think the Grado's sound more natural, but still listening. The soundstage is comparable and the fit is also more secure. I bought them from Crutchfield here in the US. They shipped FAST.
Would be interested
I leave it at flat.
So you use the middle stock EQ settings? I tried that and it does sound very good but I found the lows and highs a bit strong.
I went it to the multi band equalizer and got a similar overall sound but with a bit of the treble and upper basslowerwd a bit to bring out some clarity.

Feb 11, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #29,149 of 62,573
Is the fiil t1 pro the best under $50? Needing an upgrade from my dying Anbes 359. Or do you think I should just jump to sony wf1000xm3?
I am very impressed by the comfort and sound of the Fiil. If your primary concern is ANC they wouldn't be my to choice but best sound for the dollar and comfortable fit.

I enjoyed the Sony's but no IP rating and bulky for me meant they didn't suit my needs. And right now they are back up to full price.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #29,151 of 62,573
It's a good time to be alive. I have the Noble Falcon Pro and the Devialet Gemini engaged in a fight to the death. Both of these TWS sound excellent with a dynamic fun sound. It's really close. Both are v shaped and both offer an EQ in the app to sculpt the sound (the Falcon responds better to EQ). If I had to choose one to live with on an island, I'd probably take the Gemini but not without second thoughts. They sound just a bit more musical and cohesive to me overall with the added bonus of ANC. Out of the box and without any EQ they sound terrific. The sub bass is present with very little bleed and there is a little bit of warmth to them. They can be a little shouty but this doesn't usually both me at my age (46 with tinnitus). I prefer the sizzle to rolled off highs. They remind me of the excellent MW07 but on steroids.

The Falcon Pro are superb in their own right. The bass hits hard and fast although perhaps just a bit less sub bass. They win in terms of clarity and detail. They also win in terms of soundstage. While I was concerned about the stem length being too long on the Pro, I actually prefer the fit to the Gemini. They isolate better and stay put while the Gemini are constantly sliding around when I'm moving. Noble gets extra points for immediately pairing and updating via the iPhone APP.

Both of these TWS showcase just how good TWS can sound if price is not an object. I may just have to keep both.

Any issues with the Noble?? Seen some one star reviews due to them not shutting down, playing after they are put in the case. Sound is good but some are not happy with function issues. That KEF review as well listing the Noble as one of the weaker ones as far as ambient performance. I know the Aviot is true so am inclined to believe it and others reviews mention ambient having mechanical sounding nature and such.

Feb 11, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #29,152 of 62,573

Not like actually hearing them but does confirm the first comparison vs. the Sennheiser. Seems cooler and more neutral.

Feb 11, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #29,153 of 62,573
Any issues with the Noble?? Seen some one star reviews due to them not shutting down, playing after they are put in the case. Sound is good but some are not happy with function issues. That KEF review as well listing the Noble as one of the weaker ones as far as ambient performance. I know the Aviot is true so am inclined to believe it and others reviews mention ambient having mechanical sounding nature and such.
Am curious about the Kef too. Seems to have it all except wireless charging.

That video makes them sound bright and tiny lacking mids and bass though.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #29,154 of 62,573
Am curious about the Kef too. Seems to have it all except wireless charging.
Sure?? Bullet point 2 has it...
1613059282981.png

Feb 11, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #29,155 of 62,573
For the first couple of minutes, they were not disconnecting but it seemed to resolve itself. No issues currently. Seems to be stable and connect and disconnect as it should. There also was an update through the EQ app that went smoothly.

Feb 11, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #29,158 of 62,573
Is there EQ or app?

Nope. They have two apps for some speakers so they could make one for it but if they will you'd probably have to ask and see what they say.

Glad I didn't buy them, bright sounding and lacking bass is not what I'm looking for. Sidestepped another landmine lol

Kinda interested cause of that. My Victor is the warmer type and I MSEB more air and highs. Might be interested to go the other way and add some warmth if they have the air, space and detail and resolution. It is what you end up with is what counts. Have some devices that are warmer as well like my Sony A26 so interesting to see how that pairing would go. Add a bit of warmth for the Cleer Goal which is open so not scared of the KEF being neutral. These seem to be truly neutral not like people calling the Senn neutral and I can see people shying away though.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #29,159 of 62,573
Anyone else notice loud hissing with their Grado gt220? And these have super prominent driver flex even with a slightest movement.

Feb 11, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #29,160 of 62,573

Not like actually hearing them but does confirm the first comparison vs. the Sennheiser. Seems cooler and more neutral.

Mu3 seems to sound bit thin in soundstage and almost tinny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back